2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
techman
techman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Meanwhile renault will sit whit their legs crossed and watch?
renault are concentrating on reliability , i believe they probably have bit more power but have detuned a bit for reliability. when the next engine swap is ready they will unleash that power.

bauc

AJI wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 10:53
There's no doubt it's been a great week for STR Honda. It makes me wonder if there's a Honda equipped RB14 in 'building 9' (or whatever it's called) being punished all day long gathering data..?
Why would they go for such a thing? they have the TR on track, with real data...and noting is better than real data
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

etusch

AJI wrote:
There's no doubt it's been a great week for STR Honda. It makes me wonder if there's a Honda equipped RB14 in 'building 9' (or whatever it's called) being punished all day long gathering data..?
I think we can say that Honda equipped rb14 car is called Str13.

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

GoranF1 wrote:
01 Mar 2018, 22:43
STR contradicts it self alot regarding power...first Hartly said, Mclaren made a mistake and Honda has more power than Renault, then someone said Honda plans to catch Renault by mid-season
We expect them to tell truth atm?

cyro_666
cyro_666

etusch wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:21
AJI wrote:
Not really. The teams don't develop their cars together and aren't allowed to share crucial data. Rules. Those cars aren't the same if even similar...

Thunder

ivanlesk wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:25

Everyone tells the Media the things that suit their own Agenda. It's not a STR Honda thing, it's not even an F1 thing. It happens everywhere a little Media Exposure and some Competition is involved.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ivanlesk
ivanlesk

Thunder wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:29
ivanlesk wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:25

Everyone tells the Media the things that suit their own Agenda. It's not a STR Honda thing, it's not even an F1 thing. It happens everywhere a little Media Exposure and some Competition is involved.
That motivated me for posting.
We should take everything with gran of salt that comes from teams or drivery, especially during testing.

etusch

cyro_666 wrote:
etusch wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:21
AJI wrote:
Not really. The teams don't develop their cars together and aren't allowed to share crucial data. Rules. Those cars aren't the same if even similar...
Redbull needs data about engine. They already have very good chassis. When they start to negotiate for partnership I think they will have more data than (for example) Mclaren had when they had talk with renault.
Gearbox inside made by redbull for example. Engine related data is important. They dont need same car or whole car's data.

Singabule
Singabule

GoranF1 wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 10:37
techman wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 09:42
It not contradict, hartley says current honda has more power compared to 2017 renault, and some says renault have several more horses in their pocket in 2018 but need to confirm reliability first. James Key and Tost just played down their chance, its normal. Also, why mid season, because the deadline for RB to chose engine is May, and if RB technology is fully commit to join forces to develop honda unit, that will be huge boost. Now, there is split development between two engines integration, with less than 50% allocation to honda, and already reliable and drivable. Imagine at 100%. Plus, with honda Cash they can develop their chasis without worry to run out Cash, we could see spec B chasis with more efficient aero as well with smaller intakes and coolers
spot on
Meanwhile renault will sit whit their legs crossed and watch?
No, they have several horses in their pocket, so better to play down for now

AJI
AJI

bauc wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 11:15
Why would they go for such a thing? they have the TR on track, with real data...and noting is better than real data
Every other PU manufacturer has 3 times the data acquisition capability.
It's in RB's interests for this project to succeed...

AJI
AJI

cyro_666 wrote:

Is it against the rules to buy another PU (or 10) fit it (them) to a chassis and run it 24 hours a day in building 9?
Is it even against the rules to share that data?
It could even be an STR 13 in that facility. I don't believe there's anything illegal about it?

Singabule
Singabule

AJI wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 12:13
cyro_666 wrote:

Is it against the rules to buy another PU (or 10) fit it (them) to a chassis and run it 24 hours a day in building 9?
Is it even against the rules to share that data?
It could even be an STR 13 in that facility. I don't believe there's anything illegal about it?
They can share it, Sell it, but must be heavily modified if related to chasis and listed parts. If there is no benefit in creating Junior team, they wouldnt create it at the first time. Gather data is different from copy paste the data and different also from spying

HPD

This year, the TR looks more like the RB.
Many pages that did an analysis said the same thing. Obviously there is a data transfer

marvin78
marvin78

HPD wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 13:08
This year, the TR looks more like the RB.
Many pages that did an analysis said the same thing. Obviously there is a data transfer
What serious analysis says that? I don't see this "transfer". You could also see a transfer from Ferrari or Renault.

dren

Wazari wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 04:42
I spoke to my nephew at length today. The mood at Sakura is one as others have mentioned is quiet optimism. The dyno numbers have correlated to track telemetry thus far. They have only run 3 of the most conservative race mappings out of the pre-programmed maps for Barcelona. The atmosphere is quite different under the current leadership. His words were, "more smiles and less anger. It's like dating the cute girl next door rather than the high maintenance super-model..." That made me laugh out loud. It appears they are testing the slightly more aggressive PU of the two built and tested for the start of the season.
It sounds like this was a good move for Honda in the end, too. It should be a good year for them and TR. The fruits are starting to come.
Honda!