F1Technical fantasy league 2018 - Proposals

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Steven
Owner

F1Technical fantasy league 2018 - Proposals

Hi all,

Contrary to last year, I wanted to get this started up quickly.
In previous years, we've been using f1manager.info. The site has its positives and negatives, but especially last year, it seemed like those who were lucky enough to have the correct starting lineup were later impossible to catch.

Because the competitions/subscriptions really only start after pre-season testing, I think we have some time to discuss how we all feel about the system, and what we think about alternatives.

My personal feeling is that we should seriously consider switching to https://fantasygp.com/ It's much more widely used, is also free to enter, supports a private league, etc. Of course the system is slightly different. They're still making adjustements for 2018, but here is an overview of the 2017 system:
In a nutshell: create your own team of 3 drivers and 3 cars and then you score points relative to how they perform in the actual World Championship season.

To add a touch of strategy you have a budget of $75million to spend on cars and drivers – so you won’t be able to afford all the top drivers and top cars. Instead you’ll need to spend wisely and decide which midfield and back of the field competitors you want in your team.

After each Grand Prix the real results are updated and scores are calculated so you’ll be able to logon to see how you are getting on.

Make the most of the first two races to figure out your strategy! During the first two rounds you can make as many team changes as you like – use this opportunity!!

From Bahrain onwards you have just 6 free team changes for the rest of the season, you can change your team more but it will give you a 10 points penalty per change.
Looking forward to hear your thoughts!

Gaz.

Re: F1Technical fantasy league 2018 - Proposals

I quite like F1 manager, being canny does give you the chance to make a decent amount of points mid way through the season. But you highlighted a good point, somehow early in the season some people are scoring ludicrously high scores. I think it would be more fun if we didn't have secret settings though.
Forza Jules

SiLo

Happy to try the new site out. I never really liked the previous one.
Felipe Baby!

Steven
Owner

I've gone ahead and created our private league.
Feel free to join.

https://fantasygp.com/
Name: F1Technical
Code: 39871502

First impression is good. If possible, please use your nickname from the forum there as well.

Gerhardsa

I've joined. Looks interesting

dodds_turbo

Joined too. I'm planning on competing in both leagues and see how I get on. Will be a good comparison for the future.

bauc

Will join for sure, thanks!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

NutritionFact

I joined to, tacoavocado
"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

Gaz.

dodds_turbo wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 15:22
Joined too. I'm planning on competing in both leagues and see how I get on. Will be a good comparison for the future.
Likewise. I doubt there's much variation between teams this year on either site, especially F1Manager where I'd expect every man and his dog to have Renault/Renault/Grosjean/Magnussen to start with.

Edit- how the hell has one person bought a Merc chassis, 3 bought a Ferrari chassis and 4 bought a RedBull and still had enough money to buy engines and two drivers on F1Manager? Merc chassis $52m, Sauber engine $22m, Grosjean $22m, that doesn't leave enough for another driver...
Forza Jules

NathanOlder

joined.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

adb
adb

NutritionFact

Gaz. wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 06:38
dodds_turbo wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 15:22
Likewise. I doubt there's much variation between teams this year on either site, especially F1Manager where I'd expect every man and his dog to have Renault/Renault/Grosjean/Magnussen to start with.

Edit- how the hell has one person bought a Merc chassis, 3 bought a Ferrari chassis and 4 bought a RedBull and still had enough money to buy engines and two drivers on F1Manager? Merc chassis $52m, Sauber engine $22m, Grosjean $22m, that doesn't leave enough for another driver...
Maybe save cash from last year?
Possible?
"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

GeorgeF1OM

Gaz. wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 06:38

They haven't. Every year there's some people that miss the sentence in the game rules that you need to fill all four spots to compete, so they for example only hire one driver and an engine leaving second driver and chassis empty and therefore will earn no points at all. However, in the statistics menu selections of incomplete fantasy teams are shown as well causing some confusion. And no, there is no carry over of cash from previous season.

I'd like to offer another option: https://www.f1om.com that should launch next week. I know that because I was able to contribute a bit in its making. :) I am pretty confident it will raise the standards in the field of fantasy managers for F1 but please have a look by yourself.

A further option would be https://www.zdkf1.com, in case you're not too keen to operate an own fantasy team but only want to submit your prediction for the top 10 finishing positions in race plus pole position.
Join Fantasy F1 Online Manager and prove your prediction skills for free at f1om.com

nevill3

Joined, I like the format I have joined the F1Manager website again too.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Monster Hesh

Well that's unfortunate. I'll try again later.