My new favourite photo

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Manoah2u

My new favourite photo

:lol:

accidentally came across this :mrgreen:

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/mc ... est-review

amazed at that shot! that's some engineering there since it could actually handle all of that!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

Re: My new favourite photo

=D>

Who's to say it survived that ? was there a video of it ? For all we know, it could have ended in a huge fireball and a closed road for a day :lol:

what a car though, has to be my favourite car of all time. Only just ahead of the CLK-GTR I must add.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sieper

The longtail in all Black with locktite sponsoring is my favourite. I have the HPI Racing models of them (also traditional blue and orange gulf livery and dark blue silver gulf livery) incredible little wonders of detail.

NathanOlder

I think my favourite was the Fina sponsored car.

The loctite one is 99.999% as good though :roll:

just wow!

As for the Merc i mentioned earlier, I was in love with the Original Teile sponsored car when i was a child. I had a scalextric version, as as an adult I have the Tamiya 1/10 RC version.

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u

i really liked that merc too though i must say i felt that the 'corporate face' slammed on the car (nose) really let this car down, i always felt rather disappointed that they didn't dare or go crazy and make something different designwise. we know how your c-class looks like, we don't want a supercar to look like that.

missed opportunity there imho. i feel like if it had a more exotic design - and i'm not talking deviating completely from it's aerodynamic shapes, rather not following that double-connected-oval headlamp design with the merc grille - it would have been a much more appealing and attractive car and either would have selled more, or had much more fame and fans of it - which ultimately would have been even better for Mercedes.

The Mercedes project one is a whopping lot better at that even though i don't neccesarily say i think it's a very attractive car. Offcourse they have to be recognisable, but let's be fair, the entire merc fleet, including maybach, all are instantly recognisable as a merc. i think it would be much more interesting to see a unique car that actually is a mercedes supercar, and that same would have been better for the above posted merc.

nevertheless, they're still impressive machines

anyways, as for the Mclaren,

i think the Mclaren F1 LM in papaya orange looks the best

btw, totally off, there's some philipino mclaren/lambo kitcar/supercar/whatever that has some Mclaren F1 looks to it, i don't actually think it looks bad at all. i wouldn't want to drive it though, i think it's a basket case, but i think they actually did an impressive design job, despite the finish quality being far insufficient, and the rear being horrible, it's called the aurelio btw. a clear design-steal from Mclaren F1 and imho a Lamborghini Gallardo.

anyway, indeed, the longtail macca was interesting.

so were it's competitors

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

J.A.W.

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Mar 2018, 23:47
i really liked that merc too though i must say i felt that the 'corporate face' slammed on the car (nose) really let this car down, i always felt rather disappointed that they didn't dare or go crazy and make something different designwise. we know how your c-class looks like, we don't want a supercar to look like that.

missed opportunity there imho. i feel like if it had a more exotic design - and i'm not talking deviating completely from it's aerodynamic shapes, rather not following that double-connected-oval headlamp design with the merc grille - it would have been a much more appealing and attractive car and either would have selled more, or had much more fame and fans of it - which ultimately would have been even better for Mercedes.

The Mercedes project one is a whopping lot better at that even though i don't neccesarily say i think it's a very attractive car. Offcourse they have to be recognisable, but let's be fair, the entire merc fleet,
including maybach, all are instantly recognisable as a merc. i think it would be much more interesting to see a unique car that actually is a mercedes supercar, and that same would have been better for the above posted merc.

nevertheless, they're still impressive machines.

Actually M-2U, AMG/Brabus/Porsche - did in fact do 'C-class' M-B 'supercars' for street use, slotting the big V8
into the compact - yet attractively styled, dynamically capable, & aero-slick - W124 chassis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzqNn8kJqQ
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

J.A.W.

& 'bout 1/2 a century ago, M-B did do an interesting supercar concept/prototype range - via the C 111,
but the conservative boardroom kept supercars out of their sales showrooms, for a few more decades..

RicerDude

Mercedes CLK GTR or McLaren F1 GTR Longtail? How about a merging of the two? Meet the McLaren/Mercedes F1/CLK GTR/Longtail. A Mercedes test mule to prove their aerodynamic concept.

johnny comelately

1996 Mercedes F200 Imagination - the joystick car

strad

Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. My C/ED dragster after winning in Seattle and Portland
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

johnny comelately

strad wrote:
11 Mar 2018, 22:00
http://www.stradsplace.com/photos/Dalton%20Gang%203.jpg
http://www.stradsplace.com/photos/Dalton%20Gang%202.jpg
Sorry guys, I couldn't resist. My C/ED dragster after winning in Seattle and Portland
:) Well done. Am involved a bit with top bikes here in Australia, but only the last couple of years, so appreciate what you have done.

J.A.W.

Yeah strad, good effort, but frankly, unless them there 'hole in the wall' boys were en-route to a`70s
themed fancy dress party, somehow I doubt it really is a "NEW...favourite photo".