Technical value of Ted Kravitz

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Juzh

Technical value of Ted Kravitz

JPBD1990 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 06:08
NathanOlder wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 22:36
Decent program on SkySports F1, Development Special, with Ted, Natalie, Mike Gascoyne & Craig Scarborough. 1 hour long, followed by a 30min Testing Special.
Do you/ does anyone know where I can watch this outside of the UK? Is it on YouTube or something??
https://youtu.be/n9YnwMDTU7k
For anyone who's followed testing a bit closer there's absolutely nothing new in this recap. 30 mins of life wasted. Without kravitz this would at least be watchable.

marmer

Re: 2018 pre-season testing thread

Juzh wrote:
JPBD1990 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 22:36
Decent program on SkySports F1, Development Special, with Ted, Natalie, Mike Gascoyne & Craig Scarborough. 1 hour long, followed by a 30min Testing Special.
Do you/ does anyone know where I can watch this outside of the UK? Is it on YouTube or something??
For anyone who's followed testing a bit closer there's absolutely nothing new in this recap. 30 mins of life wasted. Without kravitz this would at least be watchable.
Why do people hate ted

giantfan10

marmer wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 11:23
Juzh wrote:
JPBD1990 wrote:

Why do people hate ted
Because he is as biased as biased can be...
Close followers of F1 recognize the absolute nonsense that comes out of his mouth....he reminds me of a few fans on this site....No other team is worthy of being in F1 but Mercedes and no other driver can even sniff Hamilton's underwear if you listen to Kravitz.

NathanOlder

Brits not allowed to support Brits on British TV, oh the shame of it.

Ted is definitely not the best when it comes to the technical side of things. He seems to be more tongue in cheek, has a joke ect. He's there more to try and get the light viewers a little more in to it. As an example, If you had James Allison or Paddy Lowe going in to the real fine details about ever bit of last years car 99% of us here would need an underwear change and be grinning from ear to ear. The average F1 fan (someone who wants to see on track action, crashes, overtakes ect) would turn off and watch Football or Baseball instead. So I think Ted has been kept on to try and get more average fans in to it a little more. I mean, in Barcelona the other week he had a Formula E car (could'nt find an F1 car the right scale), A model of a London bus same scale as the E car and a wishbone from an actual chicken!! to try and show how strong the Halo is supposed to be. It was far from serious and quite comical to be honest so Ted is just a bit of fun. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats how I see it.

As for him being biased , maybe watching on American Tv supporting an American Driver winning title after title will show how any commentator will seem biased towards his own. I can't imagine how good it must have been as a Spaniard watching in Spain in 2005 & 2006. It must have been Alonso fever all over! and rightfully so!!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

marmer

lets not forgot Italy shows no interest if Ferrari are doing poorly so why should ted be totally unbiased

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 15:36
So I think Ted has been kept on to try and get more average fans in to it a little more. I mean, in Barcelona the other week he had a Formula E car (could'nt find an F1 car the right scale), A model of a London bus same scale as the E car and a wishbone from an actual chicken!! to try and show how strong the Halo is supposed to be. It was far from serious and quite comical to be honest so Ted is just a bit of fun. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats how I see it.
It's sad how far society has fallen, that we now have to placate and entertain the lowest common denominator.
Last edited by dans79 on 15 Mar 2018, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

foxmulder_ms

giantfan10 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 11:33
marmer wrote:
Juzh wrote: https://youtu.be/n9YnwMDTU7k
Why do people hate ted
Because he is as biased as biased can be...
Close followers of F1 recognize the absolute nonsense that comes out of his mouth....he reminds me of a few fans on this site....No other team is worthy of being in F1 but Mercedes and no other driver can even sniff Hamilton's underwear if you listen to Kravitz.
Ted is awesome. Dont like him, dont watch him. Haters gonna hate.

ME4ME

marmer wrote:
Why do people hate ted
- Because he pretents to be "the technical guy" while he is clearly not. He says things that technically make no sense.
- He constantly goes off-topic. Interuptions all the time.
- Regularly starts rumours which are merely his personal opinion, mostly based on nothing substantial.
- He is actually quite bad in dumming down technical topics. His explanations are rarely simple and accurate.

Over the years i've been frustrated with TV people at SKY. However, i guess we've to respect that they're all there to fullfill a role. For me, Ted does that the worst. By far.

McHonda

Definitely points 2&3 above wind me up all the time but I don't really mind the technical dumbing down as by the time he does it I'm already aware of what's going on through other means like on here so I just sort of glaze over and wonder what person,bright light or noise will distract him next and send him off on a random point about Pizza Hut or whatever.

3jawchuck

dans79 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 17:10
NathanOlder wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 15:36
So I think Ted has been kept on to try and get more average fans in to it a little more. I mean, in Barcelona the other week he had a Formula E car (could'nt find an F1 car the right scale), A model of a London bus same scale as the E car and a wishbone from an actual chicken!! to try and show how strong the Halo is supposed to be. It was far from serious and quite comical to be honest so Ted is just a bit of fun. Maybe I'm wrong, but thats how I see it.
It's sad how far society has fallen, that we now have to placate and entertainer the lowest common denominator.
Nothing has changed in the grand scheme of things, but the current generation doesn't get turned on the same way the previous one did.

Go back long enough and people used to like watching slaves fighting to the death. Come back to the present and we sit in front of TVs watching strangers driving in funny circles, running around kicking balls, beating each other to a pulp, pretending to be something they're not or trying to win some popularity contest. It serves no purpose other than to entertain and I suppose you could say placate.

Besides, F1 wants to bring in the new fans because the sport can't survive if they can't being in new fans. It's a lot more complicated to get into F1 now than it was in, say, the 70s. The rule books used to be a page, now they're 100+, the sporting regulations the same. Couple that with the fact that these days we are spoiled with instant and speedy access to information, something we never had. So the delivery of new information to new people has to be quick and punchy, because who is going to spend hours learning about something they may not even like. Once these new people have an idea of how things work and like the sport itself, then they can easily find out more in depth and better curated material.

djos

foxmulder_ms wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 17:29
Ted is awesome. Dont like him, dont watch him. Haters gonna hate.
I'm an Aussie and I like Ted too, sometimes he's talking out of his hat, but overall imo he's good value.
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

Ted is fun to watch. He chats his rubbish all the time, and he can be annoying most of the time, but I find him entertaining.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

cliffgamerz

I dont watch teds notebook to watch his non humorous sense of humor but just to get a small extra additional info on cars which may sometime escape my internet search

Moose

I actually find Ted extremely frustrating to watch, mostly because he can be SO rude to his guests. He lets then say 3 words, interupts, changes the subject, and never lets them finish their point.

GhostF1

Moose wrote:
16 Mar 2018, 04:32
I actually find Ted extremely frustrating to watch, mostly because he can be SO rude to his guests. He lets then say 3 words, interupts, changes the subject, and never lets them finish their point.
I agree with this. Recently during testing Ted did a recap, I think it was the last day actually, and he did it with the other bloke who is on the pitlane (his name escapes me) and he just was so rude to him, told him "shoosh up" multiple times while he was mid sentence to watch a car go round, told him to move, would be just generally rude and dismissive and ignore his thoughts and change the subject, I mean... it was uncomfortable to watch actually.

I don't like his personal opinion creating rumours, which sadly happens often, but I will concede he makes it a little bit easier for less "fanatic" fans to get into it with the flurry of information that circulates.