F1 OTT service - where will it be available?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jambier

Re: F1 OTT service - where will it be available?

Thunder wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 10:26
So € 64,99 per Year to avoid Heiko, Kai and Nico. Sounds fair. :mrgreen:
Not sure.

I think audio will be the one from your country.
In France we will get the same audio than broadcast chanel.

Thunder

Last week there was a link saying that, in Germany for example, you can choose between the French, Spanish, German or English Audio Feed. That would solve the Problem.

Just hoping that is true.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bosyber

Jambier wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 10:46
Thunder wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 10:26
So € 64,99 per Year to avoid Heiko, Kai and Nico. Sounds fair. :mrgreen:
Not sure.

I think audio will be the one from your country.
In France we will get the same audio than broadcast chanel.
See previous post:
Thunder wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 15:25
So apparently the User will have Access to different Language Streams. For Example German Users will have access to the German (RTL *bleh*), French, Italian and English Com,entary. That makes it more Interesting for me.

https://www.sport.de/news/ne3114725/f1- ... ingdienst/
... so no, it does appear we can choose, which makes sense in that it would simply all come in the same stream, with geoblocking to keep it to 'allowed' countries.

Juzh

Tweet has since been deleted, but I managed to grab a screenshot.

On one of the pictures there was an option for commentary selection in different languages and I think there were even onboard recordings available for races dating back to 1998, but I'm not entirely sure. There were driver options available for 98 spa race, but not an actual screenshot of the onboard.

basti313

I still wonder about the rules....for example how many devices can go on one account. Sharing with people in the office would be cool, but for myself I do not know if I should buy it while also the Sky contract is running.
Don`t russel the hamster!

nevill3

It looks like they have effectively blocked any UK viewers receiving this by insisting that the credit card address needed to pay for it has to be in an authorized country and it's IP stream must match too. So no VP to circumvent things. There is maybe a way around it but as this is a public forum I will keep it to myself.......
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Zynerji

nevill3 wrote:
21 Mar 2018, 23:44
It looks like they have effectively blocked any UK viewers receiving this by insisting that the credit card address needed to pay for it has to be in an authorized country and it's IP stream must match too. So no VP to circumvent things. There is maybe a way around it but as this is a public forum I will keep it to myself.......
There will always be ways to watch. BURNINGWHEE1S has each session a few hours after broadcast.

r101

Still nothing available right now, perhaps it will be 22nd in the more sane hours..

TAG

Looks like they've just announced that they won't make the 22nd launch date. Being released as a limited beta at this point to stress test during the Australian GP weekend. Swing and a miss.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

NathanOlder

Im just looking forward to all the old classic races. People will rip the hell out of those copies, and they will be online forever and free , happy days.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

bill shoe

TAG wrote:
22 Mar 2018, 04:26
Looks like they've just announced that they won't make the 22nd launch date. Being released as a limited beta at this point to stress test during the Australian GP weekend. Swing and a miss.
Fans react to delay in F1 OTT service-

But ESPN applauds decision-

As Formula 1 management continues to work through issues-

r101

Just got an email that service will be coming soon:
This is it. A heart-pounding season of 21 gut-wrenching Grands Prix is here. And this year we’re getting you closer to the action than ever before. As you’ve already registered to be the first to hear about the F1 TV App, we wanted to let you know that it’s coming very soon, we just want to make sure it’s as epic as promised.

godlameroso

My guess is probably in time for the Spanish GP, I can figure something out until then. Already got my money saved :)
Saishū kōnā

gandharva

Anyone here that has/had beta access during Melbourne GP weekend? Will it be worth the money? Did everything work properly?

Fil

Anyone heard any updates about F1TV being available in time for Bahrain? The whole payment thing has me worried... I wanted to play the whole VPN game from Aus.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).