2018 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, 22 -25 March

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
FightingHellPhish
FightingHellPhish

Re: 2018 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne, 22 -25 March

GPR-A wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 08:59
Chene_Mostert wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 08:56
Poleman wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 08:53
First of all guys Chene is a "she" and not a "he".Not that it makes any difference...Trolls are all the same either male or female! In their world Vettel was the super master today and won on pure pace alone! =D>
He actually didt, think about it, he started behind and finished 5sec+ ahead so he had to have better pace. After restart he was only 0.5 ahed and finishe 5+ ahead so he had better pace! Just Math
By that standard, McLaren is faster than Red Bull !!! :lol:
Dont forget how Haas held the RB's off as well..lol

ripper
ripper

JPBD1990 wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:31
People being fascetious to each fans of different teams is so annoying. It’s the only sphere in the world, as adults, where acting like children on a playground is considered normal.

Sure, today was lucky for Ferrari - but luck goes both ways. It has worked against them in the past, it worked with them today.

Both Seb and Lewis drove amazingly at the end.

I think merc is well and truly ahead of the field on raw pace. I think Ferrari and redbull are neck and neck. I think there is a lot of untouched potential left in the Ferrari which (depending on whether they’ve got on top of their in-season development shortcomings) will come to fruition as the season unfolds.

All in all, apart from Mercedes 1-2 every race, it should be an interesting season! I feel for HAAS. Would have been an amazing start to their campaign.
HAAS lost a lot of fundamental points today, they have to capitolize everything now, because they probabily won't be able to keep same development level as MCL and REN.

RB today was quicker than FER on soft, RIC had fresher tyres but couldn't pass RAI just because Albert Park is bad circuit for surpassing FER has a lot of homeworks to do, but forza Ferrari anyway :D

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

adb wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:34
wesley123 wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:29
Vettel struggling with the pace, even in the race he couldn't actually keep up with Hamilton nor Raikkonen.
It's true that Vettel wasn't really making any inroads at Raikkonen in the first stint but he also wasn't losing that much time. But I just can't see how you can say that when you consider Vettel's and Hamilton's pace after restart and how they gapped Raikkonen and Ricciardo
Hamilton was faster than both the Ferrari's but Kimi was faster than Vettel on his first stint, after the restart Seb was on 10 laps fresher tyres than Kimi and this was also the reason he could match Hamilton's pace. Overall Kimi was faster this weekend.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

GPR-A wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:36
JPBD1990 wrote:
I think there is a lot of untouched potential left in the Ferrari which (depending on whether they’ve got on top of their in-season development shortcomings) will come to fruition as the season unfolds.
What makes you believe so? OR is it just a feeling?
Comments from Vettel and raikkonen post testing/qualifying/race.

Vettel has basically said that the car is good and has potential but ‘more to come’. Today after the race he said “we’re getting there but still some homework to do”, etc.

GPR-A duplicate2

JPBD1990 wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:39
GPR-A wrote:
JPBD1990 wrote:
I think there is a lot of untouched potential left in the Ferrari which (depending on whether they’ve got on top of their in-season development shortcomings) will come to fruition as the season unfolds.

Vettel has basically said that the car is good and has potential but ‘more to come’. Today after the race he said “we’re getting there but still some homework to do”, etc.
McLaren also saying the same!

Poleman

Software "glitch" aside from Mercedes part,i think the rule is just stupid...why on earth the guys on the track are forced to drive to a SC delta and those who pit can race on entry and on exit (exit being almost half of the main straight length).Its not that Merc was hosed...Next time it can be Ferrari/RBR/MCL etc.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

GPR-A wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:41
JPBD1990 wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:39
GPR-A wrote:

McLaren also saying the same!
Kimi also just said “we have a good feeling with the car so if everything stays like this we have all the tools to keep fighting”.

Mclaren is saying the same things... and I believe them too. Do you not?

JonoNic

I like how Raikkonen's number 7 on his hat looks like a 1. Very similar to Vettel's German colours number 1 on his helmet.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

adb wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
Vettel struggling with the pace, even in the race he couldn't actually keep up with Hamilton nor Raikkonen.
It's true that Vettel wasn't really making any inroads at Raikkonen in the first stint but he also wasn't losing that much time. But I just can't see how you can say that when you consider Vettel's and Hamilton's pace after restart and how they gapped Raikkonen and Ricciardo
Vettel was on tyres 8 laps younger than Raikkonen. Vettel was clearly slower than Hamilton until Hamilton decided overtaking was pointless and he turned his engine down. Raikkonen was also clearly holding up Ricciardo who was also on far younger rubber.

totox
totox

What a shame that we didnt saw another toto smashing table episode.

Rodzilla
Rodzilla

vettel also knew about the plan to go longer so thats why he was slower in the first phase

ripper
ripper

I found this picture only few minutes ago:

Overtaking at Albert Park is difficult, overtaking a Ferrari today was even harder

giantfan10
giantfan10

Restomaniac wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:47
adb wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
Vettel was on tyres 8 laps younger than Raikkonen. Vettel was clearly slower than Hamilton until Hamilton decided overtaking was pointless and he turned his engine down. Raikkonen was also clearly holding up Ricciardo who was also on far younger rubber.
aggh you mean Hamilton turned is engine down after he chewed up his rear tires and wasnt sure he would finish the race...

Chene_Mostert

Restomaniac wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:47
adb wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
Hamilton was not faster;
Strat mode 14 was clearly faster to what Seb was using, until Hamilton decided to turn it down.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Rodzilla wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 09:52
vettel also knew about the plan to go longer so thats why he was slower in the first phase
Erm what? Without the VSC he would have been nowhere near either Hamilton or Raikkonen. So by that logic the plan was 'go really slow so that you are almost certainly going to finish miles off the lead and your teammate'.