Are There Humidity Sensors?

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
johnny comelately

Are There Humidity Sensors?

Are there humidity sensors for ICE input?

In the troglodyte days wet days required a drop of one or two sizes.

I cannot find usage of humidity measurement in F1 or other engines.

Muniix

Re: Are There Humidity Sensors?

johnny comelately wrote:
07 Apr 2018, 06:40

Many of the modern P/T and 10 axis sensors you'd use in any modern vehicle will have humidity sensors data. The Infineon sensors released at the beginning of 2017 do. I've always wondered this also. With ECU maps being used to represent the trapped air mass in cylinder and some additional hacks to take into consideration ambient temp and pressure, accurate air box pressure is all you really need with the high flow rate temp and humidity will be as ambient sensor indicates.
Engine calibration is by convention done at 25% or 30% humidity, with water sprayed into air supply system.

Big Tea

Muniix wrote:
13 May 2018, 20:03
johnny comelately wrote:

Many of the modern P/T and 10 axis sensors you'd use in any modern vehicle will have humidity sensors data. The Infineon sensors released at the beginning of 2017 do. I've always wondered this also. With ECU maps being used to represent the trapped air mass in cylinder and some additional hacks to take into consideration ambient temp and pressure, accurate air box pressure is all you really need with the high flow rate temp and humidity will be as ambient sensor indicates.
Engine calibration is by convention done at 25% or 30% humidity, with water sprayed into air supply system.
Do these sensors work well with moving air at varying speeds? Would not a humidity dropout form in a low pressure zone? (removing water vapor from downstream air)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

gruntguru

Big Tea wrote:
14 May 2018, 00:10
Muniix wrote:
13 May 2018, 20:03
johnny comelately wrote:

Do these sensors work well with moving air at varying speeds? Would not a humidity dropout form in a low pressure zone? (removing water vapor from downstream air)
Only if the ambient air is close to saturation.
je suis charlie