2018 Interforum League Championship

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Dogued

2018 Interforum League Championship

Hi everyone!

Testing is done, McLarens are already breaking down, and everyone is gearing up for the start of the 2018 Formula 1 season!

In lieu of any information on Pob and his return to run the Interforum Legaue, I have offered to continue where we left off last season. For those who weren't aware, I'm Dogued over at F1Forum and I picked up the league mid season last year. I carried on the fine work the Pob had begun, but I forgot one simple thing; to have an InterForum league, I needed to actually post the results around or interest wanes! But not this time 8)

I will use ZDKF1 results after each round to gather data for the following categories:

Interforum League Championship
Each week, the Top 10 players will be assigned points per position. These points will add to their forum's total.
Caveats are:
* Only 2 players per forum in the Top 10
* Equal ZDKF1 points will be split by difference to Pole time. Further ties will be split by Spot On then Top 10. If players have identical results and are the first 2 represnting their forum, a tie for position will be given. If they are fighting for the 2nd representative place, the player who is higher in the ZDKF1 list will be given the place and points.
* Absent results do not count for position.
Defending Champions: F1Forum.org

Interforum Individual Championship
Using the points gained by the Top 10 each round, this will be the total points for the season. Ties on points will be seperated by Wins/Seconds/Thirds.
Defending Champion: Pob (F1 Technical)

Interforum Qualifying Championship
Individual Championship that uses pole times. This year the points will be: 2 points if your guess is within 0.25% and 1 point if within 1%. Additional 1 point for correct polesitter. As per ZDKF1, driver must actually start on pole on Sunday.
Rankings shall be based on total difference to pole time. Absent times WILL be counted in total time.
Defending Champion: Natny (F1Forum.org)

Interforum ZDKF1 Points Championship
Individual Championship that uses actual ZDKF1 points rather than positional points.
Defending Champion: Tazio (Motorsport Forums)

For those wishing to join up, please head on over to ZDKF1 Sign Up and jump on board! Existing players can log in HERE.
A reminder, if you can please go to your profile on the page and ensure your forum tag is at the start of your name, (i.e. f1tec_bigmangalhit)
and if you can let me know your ZDKF1 nick on this thread, I can make sure nobody is missed.

In the past, F1 Technical has had a number of entrants (I had 14 "f1tec_" names last season), but many drop off after the first few rounds. Would be great to see this forum back to full strength! Remember, you can tip the whole season early then edit as you go, that way you have an entry incase you forget a round.

Good luck to everyone!

VFC_Cipher

Re: 2018 Interforum League Championship

Thanks Dogued for starting a thread for 2018 and for helping manage this all in Pob's absence. He had predictions every week last season so not sure what that was all about. Anyway, looking forward to another good year. I hope we have some more banter, etc. on this thread this season. Cheers!

Monster Hesh

Maybe a little to close to the event, but maybe next year use the Fantasy team site https://sportsdeck.com

On this site you have private leagues that go into a table of their own. leagues are ranked on an average (I think) so player base is not too critical. Each forum creates a league and you got at it for the season.

I have set up an F1Technical league, which can be found in the fantasy league thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27034&start=15

VFC_Cipher

Thanks Monster, but this is an "Interforum" league, meaning we are a team, as F1Technical and we are competing against motorsport.com, F1Forum.org, F1 World, Clip The Apex, Sports Babble, etc.

TAG

Bragging rights are important! :)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Dogued

Reminder to all, get your picks in by Thursday for round 1!
I don't have the sway Pob had, so late picks miss out I'm afraid.
I know several players last year went through after round 1 and selected the full season as an insurance policy in case they couldn't get online.

Also, if you can check to make sure you have f1tech_ at the front of your name, that would be great :D I'll post a full list of registered F1 Tech players at the end of each round, so if I missed someone let me know, can adjust to slide them in.

Dogued

Round 1 - Australian GP Results

Welcome to the 2018 Interforum League Championship!
What a great way to start the year, unless you're a Haas wheel man, or a Mercedes software guy!

We have 9 forums with active players to kick off Round 1. I've listed your forum's players and their results, so if I've missed anyone please let me know.

On to the results:
Interforum Top 10 - Australia
Pos	Player			Forum			ZDKF1		Points
1	Amelia			Sports Babble		59		25
2	Lord_Snooty		Sports Babble		52		18
4	The Ghost Who Walks	The Fast Lane		44		15
4	ebs001			F1 World		44		12
5	Nala			F1 World		43		10
6	TeamLH44		F1Forum			42		8
7	Montecristo		The Fast Lane		41		6
8	ClarkBT11		F1 Technical		40		4
9	VFC_Cipher		F1 Technical		38		2
10	Racecock		F1Forum			38		1
Cracking start to the season from Sports Babble, with a 1-2 finish!
Given their finish last season, they've obviously put in a lot of work in pre-season testing, and I'm sure the VSC helped them out here!

Other F1 Technical Results:
Pob 36 Points

Hopefully we can get a few more of last year's players back for Round 2!

Interforum Standings
Pos	Forum			Points
1	Sports Babble		43
2	F1 World		22
3	The Fast Lane		21
4	F1Forum			9
5	F1 Technical		6
6	JA606			0
7	Motorsport Forums	0
8	Clip The Apex		0
9	V2			0
Qualifying Points - Season
1 Point for Correct Driver
2 Points within 0.25% of Pole, 1 Point within 1% of Pole

Pos	Player		Forum			Q Pts	Time Difference
1	Montecristo	The Fast Lane		3	0.035
2	VFC_Cipher	F1 Technical		3	0.053
3	DDDD		JA606			3	0.087
4	Dogued		F1Forum			3	0.178
5	Kai_Star	The Fast Lane		2	0.105
Individual Interforum Points - Season Top 10
Pos	Player			Forum			Total 	1st	2nd	3rd
1	Amelia			Sports Babble		25	1	0	0
2	Lord_Snooty		Sports Babble		18	0	1	0
3	The Ghost Who Walks	The Fast lane		15	0	0	1
4	ebs001			F1 World		12	0	0	0
5	Nala			F1 World		10	0	0	0
6	TeamLH44		F1Forum			8	0	0	0
7	Montecristo		The Fast Lane		6	0	0	0
8	ClarkBT11		F1 Technical		4	0	0	0
9	VFC_Cipher		F1 Technical		2	0	0	0
10	Racecock		F1Forum			1	0	0	0

Individual ZDKF1 Points - Season Top 10
Pos	Player			Forum			ZDKF1
1	Amelia			Sports Babble		59
2	Lord_Snooty		Sports Babble		52
4	The Ghost Who Walks	The Fast Lane		44
4	ebs001			F1 World		44
5	Nala			F1 World		43
6	TeamLH44		F1Forum			42
7	Montecristo		The Fast Lane		41
8	Kai_Star		The Fast Lane		41
9	ClarkBT11		F1 Technical		40
10	VFC_Cipher		F1 Technical		38

VFC_Cipher

Great work Dogued. Let's keep up the work on predictions and get our backsides up the table!!

Saxmansaxman

Hey mate,

I Had to change my handle to add the "f1tec" prefix. I was in for the zdkf1
Top 10 this past week also. I had zero "spot on" predictions, but did get 9/10
Of the points scorers. And pole. Better next time, eh?

Datsaxman

Errrmmmm ... f1tec_datsaxman

VFC_Cipher

Nice work Sax! I am sure Dogued can get it amended.

VFC_Cipher

Your points and mine were the same Sax. 38. you had 9 of the top 10 i only had 8. So you would have scored the 2 points for us and I wouldn't have. However, in the pole contest you were .66 off of the pole time and that would not have made the Top 5. You would have scored 1 point for the correct driver though. Good job again.

Saxmansaxman

Thanks! Yeah, my pole time was pure fantasy, eh?

Team score does not change, so ...

dsm

ClarkBT11

Delusional is a word for my pole time, just a mere three seconds out... I must of been given bad information on the so called warp speed mode. I'll definitely do better next time

Saxmansaxman

Wow ... three seconds? I want what *he* is drinking.

Hoping my pole time for this week is closer! Yours too ...

Dogued

Got Saxman in for Australia & Bahrain. In Australia, he gained the same points as Cipher.
As per the conditions I gave at the start, ties in ZDKF1 scores are decided:
* Pole Time Difference, then if needed
* Spot On Difference, then if needed
* Top 10 Difference
If players are still tied, and they are from different forums or will be 1st & 2nd representatives for the same forum, a dead heat result is given and points will be split.
If players are from the same forum and are fighting for the 2nd representative spot, ZDKF1 position will decide who gets the points.

Given that Cipher was 0.103s closer to pole time, the tie was broken on the first point and he got the 2nd spot for F1Tec.