2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

rahulyamgar wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 06:14
why its always the redbulls. why r the other renault PUs not having any problem :x :x are they over doing things
It's quite possible that the sudden energy store failure last race and the subsequent uncontrolled cool down of the PU caused some unknown stresses and resulted in this failure.
"In downforce we trust"

restless

post-race these engines are inspected and supposedly evaluated ...
More and more looks like teams which Renault dislikes, somehow get worse reliability. probably voodoo magic involved.

johnny comelately

Go Daniel

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
13 Apr 2018, 23:53

So there is no Lying in stating you feel the power came too early. Today in an interview with Verstappen on ziggo he said they are still working on finding the iDeal throttle response mapping. They have already made changes. Last year they found it quite early on and he used that throttle response all year.

Just trying to offer Some more input.

Horner said today: "It wasn't Max fault. It was not Renaults fault, it was our fault. " :wink:

Video this morning: https://twitter.com/ZiggoSportF1/status ... 9567779845
The Power of Dreams!

Brenton

Hah, even while joking around about fortune cookies, Red Bull (Verstappen this time) still manage to get an insult in about Renault. "You will have 100 hp more tomorrow". RB crew members all LOL at it. (on Ted's Notebook, an F1 show on Sky)

carisi2k

What a performance by the team today. Those pit stops were ingenious .

Wouter

carisi2k wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:40
What a performance by the team today. Those pit stops were ingenious .
Incredible pitstops, indeed. They did a good job yesterday, both drivers as well. Hopefully Verstappen
will be a little more patience next time with overtaking, but he also said he will in front of the camera's.
The Power of Dreams!

dren

A true team victory. Great race, great finish.
Honda!

loner

congratulations MASSIVE jump coming...
according to Abiteboul Renault will give you half a second from the PU in race trim soon which will make RBR unlock performance from the chassis as well , if this to happen its very possible for RBR to get the 2018 title
i wonder if we can question the reliability of this information source though...
para bellum.

Brenton

Rumors of 30 hp boost for Renault and 40hp for Honda coming in Canada or France in June. If true, yes this could be a massive boost for Red Bull, enough to challenge for a title!

carisi2k

Brenton wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 22:11
Rumors of 30 hp boost for Renault and 40hp for Honda coming in Canada or France in June. If true, yes this could be a massive boost for Red Bull, enough to challenge for a title!
Just because Renault says something doesn't mean that it will actually happen. For sure it would be good but if Renault can't even make there current less powerful engine reliable. What hope do they have with a newer more powerful engine.

makecry

carisi2k wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 00:50
Brenton wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 22:11
Just because Renault says something doesn't mean that it will actually happen. For sure it would be good but if Renault can't even make there current less powerful engine reliable. What hope do they have with a newer more powerful engine.
So a race winning Power unit manufacturer is bullshitting and you question their ability but the usual "40bhp update at Canada" from Honda that we have been hearing since 2015 in one form or another is not questioned. lol.

djos

Renault have a history of making vaporware claims that dont materialise, so me personally, I'll wait and see if they can actually deliver for once!
"In downforce we trust"

makecry

djos wrote:
21 Apr 2018, 01:17
Renault have a history of making vaporware claims that dont materialise, so me personally, I'll wait and see if they can actually deliver for once!
Most people who have been following F1 diligently would say the same thing-----> I will believe it when I see it.

carisi2k

I think this discussion is probably due for a different thread but my point stands in that Renault has not really done much in recent times to warrant confidence. I believe that the Honda and Renault are quite even at the moment and that Daniel and the Red Bull would have won that race even if it had a Honda power unit. Renault are extremely lucky to have Red Bull and yet don't seem to realise that. I think that without the constant sniping with Cyril that Red Bull could improve further once they decide to move forward with Honda.

I still think that Red Bull made a huge mistake in not disbanding there relationship with Renault 100% when all of the Mclaren divorce proceedings occurred at Singapore.