2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
johnny comelately
johnny comelately

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

From - https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/04/09/mot ... ct-us.html

The contact between Rossi and Marquez stole the spotlight post-race in Argentina, so much so as to overshadow Cal Crutchlow's win at Termas de Rio Hondo, a win that sees him move into the lead in the championship standings. The press room was half empty for the post-race press conference, something that the LCR rider was not happy about.

Before talking about his race, the Honda rider wanted to address this issue: “Where are the press? This is a lack of respect for the show that we, the top three, put on on the track”.

Cal cuts to the chase: “The media appears to be more interested in something more important, but the important event is here, with the riders who reached the podium. It's an important moment for the whole team, we gave it our all and this behaviour is disrespectful."

Lastly, the LCR rider made a promise before starting to talk about his win: "All those journalists who are not here now should know that they won't be welcome at my media briefings for the rest of the season”.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Yeah, Cal, eh.. Pommy punk actually wins a race (by default, due to 'incidents' ) & now he's got 'tickets on himself', jeeze..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

J.A.W. wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 01:49
Yeah, Cal, eh.. Pommy punk actually wins a race (by default, due to 'incidents' ) & now he's got 'tickets on himself', jeeze..
laughing and laughing

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 22:01
And just for anyone thinking Rossi kicked Marquez brake lever on purpose, watch this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW_PvMP6hn0

It shows 2 major things to debunk the "kick the brake lever on purpose BS"

1, there was contact between Marquez shoulder/head and Rossi's leg before Rossi took his foot off the peg, (you can see it by looking at ROssi's knee slider) and at that point Rossi kicked out in a way to say "@@@@ off you little @@@@"

2. when Rossi took hos foot off the peg and kicked out, he wasnt even looking at the Honda, he was looking in the opposite direction, theres no way someone would be riding on a moving object, and trying to kick a very very small point on another moving object without looking at it. its just not happening.

So my summary is. Rossi was so annoyed at MM that he was maybe trying to run him wide off the track, Marquez leaned on Rossi during this and Rossi pushed him off with his leg. Rossi's kick hit Marquez on the arm which jolted Marquez and caused him to apply excessive force to the brake lever and down he went.

If you disagree with this, please try and explain it, instead of just calling me a fan boy or calling it BS
I aint called you either of those things Nathan..

However, I do think you underestimate Rossi's proprioception skills..

Check the vid again, you will see how Rossi - 'with malice aforethought' - plots an interception vector,
& carefully, cooly, 'scopes out' - his boot extension to Marquez's brake-lever movement, then aligns/executes
his premeditated kick, & Marquez goes down, a move done - just as slyly - as a soccer-pro pulling a 'dirty' does, too..

Seems he sure suckered you among many others, as well, Nathan..

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 21:29
Andres125sx wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 18:26
NathanOlder wrote:
11 Apr 2018, 14:34
What Marquez was doing that day was totally wrong, [...] Marquez was purposely wrecking Rossi's race to help Lorenzo and Rossi lashed out.
Please stop repeating Rossi´s BS. As a start, Marquez and Lorenzo are FAR from friends, and they´re from different teams. Assuming he did something wich was bad for his team to help someone he doesn´t cope with, only because he´s a countryman, is so absurd...

Rossi can´t accept defeat, he was almost touching his 10th title and couldn´t accept it was gone, as simple as that.
I have to disagree with you, I'm not a big Rossi fan like you are thinking. What Marquez was doing in Malaysia was obvious to see. He had no ambition to win that day, Lorenzo went through and Marquez wasnt interested in the slightest and Lorenzo put a good second in to him within a lap. As soon as Rossi went through, Marquez was passing in places that would slow them both down.
Exactly, he realized he didn´t have the pace that day, and tried to keep Rossi back at any cost. Normal racing

I´m sad for people who assume a top sportman like Marquez can do something harmful for his team only because he want to aid a friend, wich is false I repeat, Marquez and Lorenzo are NOT FRIENDS, but people do prefer to ignore this fact to keep his conspiracy theory alive.

Andres125sx

NathanOlder wrote:
And just for anyone thinking Rossi kicked Marquez brake lever on purpose, watch this video,

1, there was contact between Marquez shoulder/head and Rossi's leg before Rossi took his foot off the peg, (you can see it by looking at ROssi's knee slider) and at that point Rossi kicked out in a way to say "@@@@ off you little @@@@"

2. when Rossi took hos foot off the peg and kicked out, he wasnt even looking at the Honda, he was looking in the opposite direction, theres no way someone would be riding on a moving object, and trying to kick a very very small point on another moving object without looking at it. its just not happening.

So my summary is. Rossi was so annoyed at MM that he was maybe trying to run him wide off the track, Marquez leaned on Rossi during this and Rossi pushed him off with his leg. Rossi's kick hit Marquez on the arm which jolted Marquez and caused him to apply excessive force to the brake lever and down he went.

If you disagree with this, please try and explain it, instead of just calling me a fan boy or calling it BS
First, I´ve never said he was trying to hit the brake lever, that´s not my theory :wink:

Second, I don´t need to read anything, only watching what happened. Rossi looked back twice just before moving his leg in a way no rider moves his legs while normally riding, and instantly Marquez fell out.

If you want to convice me Rossi didn´t kick Marc on purpose, please tell me what was doing Rossi with his outer leg in the middle of a corner, just after looking back at Marquez

NathanOlder

100% he kicked him on purpose. But it was a reaction to the contact just before. IMO Rossi had no intention to kick marquez until they made contact, so I was just trying to explain to the few that think Rossi kicked Marquez brake lever and set out to do it before that corner.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

NathanOlder wrote:

I agree with most of this re that incident: two racers want one line, one says to the other foxtrot oscar.
certainly not the fear there as there once was , now with air bags etc

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

Johnny, best you look at the vid of that incident again..

Its quite clear that Rossi stopped concentrating on his racing line, & lined up M.M. for the 'dirty dog',
& yep, to judge by how well he got away with it ( & still is -with some, even in this thread), he 'pissed it in'..

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

J.A.W. wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 12:28
Johnny, best you look at the vid of that incident again..

Its quite clear that Rossi stopped concentrating on his racing line, & lined up M.M. for the 'dirty dog',
& yep, to judge by how well he got away with it ( & still is -with some, even in this thread), he 'pissed it in'..
Yes I know what you are saying.
Its certainly split the racing world.
might be best to do what Mick and Casey did and foxtrot oscar into the distance early on :wink:

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

My 2 cents on the Rossi/Marc incident in Sepang. Prior to that race was Philip Island right? And it was an amazing race! There Uccio and Rossi accused Marc of helping Lorenzo? If memory serves me right Marc won the race and Lorenzo was second? If Marc won the race how was he helping Lorenzo exactly?

Anyway that led to Sepang. If I was Marc and I just got lambasted in the media by Rossi and his yellow army citing a stupid conspiracy theory I would be annoyed - very annoyed. At Sepang Marc and Rossi were pretty evenly matched and the racing was spectacular. Disclaimer - been a Rossi fan throughout my life. Went to Mugello as part of my pilgrimage to go see Rossi. Wife is a huge fan as well! I have his helmets and everything. Anyway then Rossi kicked out and Marc fell. I definitely do NOT think one sec that Rossi's kick hit the brake lever. Just no way. Even in the videos it's quite evident. Nakamoto IMO lied. He was supposed to hold a press conference and show all the data and everything but he never did.

Aftermath? Rossi started at the back of the grid. He still made a number of very good and clean passes in that last race. Also he alienated pretty much all of Lorenzo's followers and Marc's followers with his antics.

Point is I don't believe for once Marc was helping Lorenzo. Neither do I believe for once Rossi's boot hit the brake lever and I don't believe Rossi wanted Marc to crash. Just like I don't believe that Marc wanted Rossi to crash at the Argentine race.

Marc deserves a race ban though. Lorenzo had been banned for less. Precedent has been set. Just because he is a spectacular rider to watch does not mean he should get away without getting black flagged for breaking the rules at the start of the grid - confusion or not. He's been getting slaps on the wrist. He needs a proper spanking. That will help in the long run as well. I do not want a repeat of Simoncelli.

J.A.W.
J.A.W.

No, a "race ban" for Marquez would be improper, being a form of 'double jeopardy',
& IMO, Race Direction cops a fair bit of the blame for all the 'shennanigans', not just the 'hooligan'..

As for refusing to "believe" that telemetry confirms what happens, & to claim Nakamura-san "lied",
it is really, a 'dead giveaway'.

I think a classic 'Futurama' quote is quite apropos here:

"I choose to believe what I am programmed to believe!"

johnny comelately
johnny comelately

One thing for sure in both 4 wheels and 2 wheels, with increased safety there is a lack of respect crept into racing and that is what leads to these situations.
eg: run off areas, no trees; air bags and better leathers; head and shoulders not sticking out of cars and roll bars; survival chassis etc....

Andres125sx

And that is bad or good? I mean, safety is so good they can assume more risks than they did in past days.... do you really think that´s bad? :mrgreen:

NathanOlder

J.A.W. wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 02:36

As for refusing to "believe" that telemetry confirms what happens, & to claim Nakamura-san "lied",
it is really, a 'dead giveaway'.

I think a classic 'Futurama' quote is quite apropos here:

"I choose to believe what I am programmed to believe!"
No telemetry in the world can prove Rossi kicked the brake lever. Rossi almost certainly kicked Marquez' arm right after he felt Marquez come into contact with Rossi's leg (like a reaction 'get off me' KICK!)

Besides kicking a brake lever with the lever guards is almost impossible.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC