2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
fouad1979
fouad1979

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

the Mclaren is the 4 fastest car in race trim so the only problem now is quali

proteus

carisi2k wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:36
I think you can thank the brilliance of Fernando and the Force India and Williams teams for building such poor cars for Mclaren being in fourth position in the championship.
Please can u stop with comments like this? If the car and the team would be completely useless, then he would not score those results. He is a great driver indeed, but he aint a superman. And there is another thing as well. He is the lead driver in the team and he tends to demand from every team to listen to him and develop the car to suit him best. And to be honest, majority of cars he influenced somewhat lacked top performance (dating back to his Ferrari career).
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

max_speed wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 10:18
watching Alonso (mclaren) pass vettel (Ferrari) was moment of the day for me. Alonso was again mega today. Vandoorne must go , he cause mclaren double point finish after race restart.
That's a bit premature and unfair. Stoffel is up against Fernando, look at Grosjean today, he's vastly improved from his early struggles. He's evolved into a good driver. How many times has Stoffel crashed out or spun out. He brings the car home. The speed will come, he is a very good driver, level headed and no drama.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Dr.mclaren
Dr.mclaren

McLaren in first 3 races: 28 points..whole 2017: 30 points!!

Dr.mclaren
Dr.mclaren

carisi2k wrote:
I think you can thank the brilliance of Fernando and the Force India and Williams teams for building such poor cars for Mclaren being in fourth position in the championship.
That's not McLaren's fault!

victoriawan
victoriawan

proteus wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 12:18
carisi2k wrote:
Please can u stop with comments like this? If the car and the team would be completely useless, then he would not score those results. He is a great driver indeed, but he aint a superman. And there is another thing as well. He is the lead driver in the team and he tends to demand from every team to listen to him and develop the car to suit him best. And to be honest, majority of cars he influenced somewhat lacked top performance (dating back to his Ferrari career).
this is the funniest thing i've read today. Especially that last sentence was hilarious on a new level. XD

Bisonas

proteus wrote:
carisi2k wrote:
The car isn't useless for sure. The team isn't useless for sure but Alonso is brilliant for sure also.

proteus

victoriawan wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 12:38
proteus wrote:
carisi2k wrote:
this is the funniest thing i've read today. Especially that last sentence was hilarious on a new level. XD
U can comfortably laugh about it, but the design of the car is based on the drivers driving style and preferences.

proteus

Bisonas wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 12:46
proteus wrote:
carisi2k wrote:
The car isn't useless for sure. The team isn't useless for sure but Alonso is brilliant for sure also.
Absolutely, he is a top driver, i never said he isnt.

JonoNic

victoriawan wrote:
proteus wrote:
carisi2k wrote:
Well. Fernando's Benetton used to understeer really bad. Just check old footage.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Always find the gap then use it.

Bisonas

proteus wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 12:50
victoriawan wrote:
proteus wrote:

U can comfortably laugh about it, but the design of the car is based on the drivers driving style and preferences.
And i thought that there was a whole team of Aerodynamicists in charge of the aero design, led by PP.
Maybe i was wrong that PP brought fundamental aerodynamic characteristics to the car like lets say High Rake concept and kinda short wheel base,(which BTW none of them helps top speed) and plenty more, that they developed with Newey at their RB time.
Maybe it was Alonso after all.

proteus

Bisonas wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 13:00
proteus wrote:
victoriawan wrote:

And i thought that there was a whole team of Aerodynamicists in charge of the aero design, led by PP.
Maybe i was wrong that PP brought fundamental aerodynamic characteristics to the car like lets say High Rake concept and kinda short wheel base, and plenty more, that they developed with Newey at their RB time.
The saddest thing is that u dont get my comment...and as long as u will not be willing to do it, there is no point that we argue about it...

Bisonas

proteus wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 13:02
Bisonas wrote:
proteus wrote:

Maybe i was wrong that PP brought fundamental aerodynamic characteristics to the car like lets say High Rake concept and kinda short wheel base, and plenty more, that they developed with Newey at their RB time.
The saddest thing is that u dont get my comment...and as long as u will not be willing to do it, there is no point that we argue about it...
I am sorry, i do get your comment.
I over done it with the sarcasm and i apologize.
But you tried to make your point with an absolutely wrong and false argument. That Alonso is to blame for all the bad cars he had to drive, even on his Ferrari era is ridiculous.
Driver does influence specific characteristics of the car, especially regarding the balance between understeer and over steer and many many more things.
But it can not effect fundamental aerodynamic directions.
There are aerodynamicists teams for it.

proteus

Bisonas wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 13:11
proteus wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 13:02
Bisonas wrote:

I am sorry, i do get your comment.
I over done it with the sarcasm and i apologize.
But you tried to make your point with an absolutely wrong and false argument. That Alonso is to blame for all the bad cars he had to drive, even on his Ferrari era is ridiculous.
Driver does influence specific characteristics of the car, especially regarding the balance between understeer and over steer and many many more things.
But it can not effect fundamental aerodynamic directions.
There are aerodynamicists teams for it.
I never wrote he was the main cause of problems. All i wrote was that his preferences might be problematic when making a car. Oversteer/understeer are provided both mechanically and aero wise.

Mclaren posted a statement that this car is oriented into stability and easy setting of it, maybe Alonso expressed he wants the car like that when the design was being made.

And again i repeat he is one of the best drivers on the grid, but on the other hand one of more demanding as well.

Macklaren
Macklaren

bauc wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 11:26
With the car clearly lacking straightline speed and traction out of the slow-medium speed corner's , the fact the we have scored points 3 races in a row and the team now has only 2 points less than the entire 2017 season speak volume of how Mclaren has improved over the last seasons in terms of consistency. Yes they gained few places due to crashes and safety car on the track but still to win it, you need to be in it, something Mclaren lacked in the last 3 years. Now, its up to Mclaren to upgrade the car from Barcelona onwards, and if things go to planned I think Mclaren has a legit shot of P4 in the constructors this season.
Actually i think the safety car cost them a better finish. After his pitstop, ALO was P14 with 20-lap newer tires than the rest of the field.