Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
sasa.nikolic

Re: Honda Power Unit

Nope, it can only be less because of air resistance because velocity is squared in equation. So, for example, 950hp +10hp is worth 0,15, 950hp + 20hp is worth 0,27 and so on...

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

godlameroso

Engine power is a gain everywhere, unless cars only make max power at top speed. 30hp means .07 on every straight, if there's 5 straights that's 3 tenths.

Gains are usually invisible to the driver, much less the casual observer, a gain of .01 per mini sector adds up to 2 tenths.
Saishū kōnā

PlatinumZealot

Yeah it is really 27hp for Canada. Modest but significant.Mercedes should be 40hp ahead after that point.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

hasika

Speedweek said the step should be (depending on the information source) between 25 and 35 hp.
As we know,the ICE didnt change a lot during the winter,and Tanabe said the ICE is “one of the biggest components to improve from the development point of view” after Bahrain GP.
So honda must be working on a new ICE for canada.

GhostF1

hasika wrote:
12 Apr 2018, 03:45
Speedweek said the step should be (depending on the information source) between 25 and 35 hp.
As we know,the ICE didnt change a lot during the winter,and Tanabe said the ICE is “one of the biggest components to improve from the development point of view” after Bahrain GP.
So honda must be working on a new ICE for canada.
It is a new ICE. Tanabe was asked a question in January/Feb along the lines of:

"We have heard there has been a lot of input, from Honda's various divisions company wide regarding PU development, more specifically from your Aerospace division. Has this helped progress over the winter?"

To which he responded:

"It is true we have expanded our development to include other divisions and progress is looking good, our ICE will be essentially new with these updates, however this takes time, I want 6 months, then what we have been working on we will start to introduce".

Timeframe suits, and its extraordinarily exciting to see what they may have come up with. We haven't seen a direct heavy evolution of the same architecture from Honda yet. CAN'T WAIT FOR PHOTOS :o

Disclaimer, I've spent the last 15 minutes looking for that exact question where he stated 6 months, but haven't had much luck, I'm certain others will recall though.

PlatinumZealot

The block and heads will be new but it wont look much different from the outside.

On the other hand the block-heads will be the same and who cares what they look like.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 13 Apr 2018, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Thunder

Please no Laptime Discussion in this Thread.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Thunder

Ok again, this is a technical Discussion about the Honda PU.

Wanna Talk about what Circuit fits the TR? Check the Team Thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26882

Talk about Honda in General? The General Honda F1 Topic says "hi": viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26921

Any Discussions about the Race Weekend specifically? Good News, there are Race Threads for every Race of the Year. China is here for example: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27209

Greetings
#aerogollum

mzso

Thunder wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 07:35
Ok again, this is a technical Discussion about the Honda PU.

You mean such things that are not revealed to the public so can't be talked about? (A tad strict)
Well, if you really want a dead topic...

Thunder

Where did i say such a thing? If it's technical and on Topic for the Honda PU it belongs here.
#aerogollum

etusch

İs laptime related only with chassis?

Thunder

I would say Laptime is ok if it is verified that the Chassis has the Same Specification / Setup when comparing the Times. Since that is almost never the Case Laptime Discussion is better of in the Team or Race Thread.
#aerogollum

mzso

Thunder wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 11:40
Where did i say such a thing? If it's technical and on Topic for the Honda PU it belongs here.
But how could the discussion be truly technical when no technical details are known? You know the number of cylinders and their proportions, that the PU has and MGU-H/K and a turbo, the rest is pretty much just rumors...

MrPotatoHead

Easy. Simply continue the fantasy engine thread that this has become lately.

Edit - I find it amusing that someone rated this negatively for my sarcasm :-)
Last edited by MrPotatoHead on 19 Apr 2018, 04:52, edited 1 time in total.

Singabule

I dont really care with outright hp during qualy, the deployment strategy and mguh power that still lacking. Better deployment means smoother at corner exit, May help chasis too. Fuel allowance next year maybe scrapped too, so in line with tanabe liking