Canadian GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Canadian GP 2008

I noticed an unusual Friday press conference on the FIA anouncement
Thursday, June 5 1100 hrs
Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber)
Kimi Raïkkönen (Ferrari)
Adrian Sutil (Force India)
Sebastian Vettel (Toro Rosso)

Friday, June 6 1600 hrs
Fernando Alonso (Renault)
David Coulthard (Red Bull)
Pat Symonds (Renault)
Geoff Willis (Red Bull)
I cannot remember that they ever had just two teams lately and a driver and technical director each. Or is my memory playing with me?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

dedge

Re: Canadian GP 2008

I don't answer to your question, 'cause I have a question too!
My national TV channel (TF1, I live in France) will not display the Montreal GP this week-end, just because they prefer show a stupid football match...
Do anybody has a link where to watch the GP in live streaming?
Thanks!

WhiteBlue

http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoLive.aspx I believe that you will have to fake an UK IP adress to get it

http://www.pplive.com/zh-cn/download.htm this is a player that you can install to watch CCTV. they show the race. its difficult to get through all the chinese though

If you can find a digital satellite TV in Europe watch one of the free Channels with another language. German RTL is free. that should give you a much better picture than any internet coverage.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

NaZzO

this link will work till end of season:

http://www.soccer-live.pl/ITVF1/f1player.php
Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think it's the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.

dedge

OK! Thanks mate!

donskar

Finally, I do not have to get up at 6:00 am (0600) to watch an F1 race live!

Kimi has already suggested the safety car will be a key to the race. Let's hope not.

I think we'll continue to see the second- and third-tier falling away, with only Ferrari and McLaren capable of winning without some strange happenstance (in which case BMW might finally win one).

It's also past time for Kimi and Hamilton to assert themselves and clearly leave their teammates behind.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

WhiteBlue

FOM says it could be a wet race again
Welcome to the seventh round of the 2008 FIA Formula One World Championship, the Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Montreal’s Ile Notre Dame.

It looks as if we could be in for a very wet weekend, with predictions veering from thunderstorms to showers and back to thunderstorms in recent days.

At present, Thursday is forecast to be partly cloudy and dry with an ambient temperature high of 24 degrees Celsius. There will then be thunderstorms on Friday through to Sunday, with the temperature fluctuating between 26 and 29 degrees.

Saturday practice and qualifying will each start an hour earlier than usual (1000 hours and 1300 hours local time respectively). The race, which will run over 70 laps or 305.270 kilometres (189.694 miles), will start at 1300 hours local time, four hours behind GMT.

johny

Let's hope it rains again :D

Those are the new safety changes after kubica's crash.

Kriss

johny wrote:Those are the new safety changes after kubica's crash.
What a changes? Extrelmy hard concrete walls too close to the track, this is nothing special safety changes. IMO the barriers must be steel and should absorb the force of impact, this concrete walls is still dangerous.

WhiteBlue

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGQlad59gzY[/youtube]
if you have studied the accident you may remember that the angle of the second impact wasn't as flat as one might have wished for. it was in fact 45°. that isn't good at all! the additional wall now closes the gap between first grazing impact and the second hard impact where the marshalling exit used to be. they have now overlaped that exit with walls so that any simillar accident will produce a very shallow impact angle.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 05 Jun 2008, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

modbaraban

Some more novelties to the track

:D

JiMbO

@johny on the bottom picture the barrier on the right furthest away from the camera there seems to be a gap in the barrier has this been filled??

@modbaraban didnt someone hit something like a beaver on the back straight here a few years ago if i remember right......

modbaraban

JiMbO wrote:@modbaraban didnt someone hit something like a beaver on the back straight here a few years ago if i remember right......
Yup it was Davidson (SAF1) who hit such a groundhog damaging the front wing.

Scotracer

Awwww! So cute :D

I wonder if it will do the same as this pigeon:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGDA-1zfjvo[/youtube]

:D :lol:
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

freedom_honda

modbaraban wrote:
JiMbO wrote:@modbaraban didnt someone hit something like a beaver on the back straight here a few years ago if i remember right......
Yup it was Davidson (SAF1) who hit such a groundhog damaging the front wing.
and completely ruined A.Davidson's chance of scoring points :(

i miss SA