[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
garyjpaterson

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Alonso Fan wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 17:03
This is excellent! Maybe I can find some free time to start on the sound. How high does the engine of the car rev Gary?
Redline at 12500rpm, though ideally you'd want the SFX to reach a bit higher in the case of a downshift overrev.

Alonso Fan

garyjpaterson wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 18:18
Alonso Fan wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 17:03
This is excellent! Maybe I can find some free time to start on the sound. How high does the engine of the car rev Gary?
Redline at 12500rpm, though ideally you'd want the SFX to reach a bit higher in the case of a downshift overrev.
Excellent thanks
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

I'm very excited to present to you my first field test for the sound of the CAEdevice MP005B!

I don't have the car so I tested it on the 2016 919 Hybrid. What does everyone think?

External sounds and low rpm samples still need to be added, so still a WIP :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

CAEdevice

Alonso Fan wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 15:54
I'm very excited to present to you my first field test for the sound of the CAEdevice MP005B!

I don't have the car so I tested it on the 2016 919 Hybrid. What does everyone think?
https://youtu.be/d1MMNm1lD98

Thanks! Good job.

PS: There was a challenge once... any news about the rulebook?

garyjpaterson

Alonso Fan wrote:

Very nice quality. Can't say it sounds like a 12k rpm NA V8 but very nice nevertheless :D

Hoping to wrap up the livery this weekend, been incredibly busy lately - just made a deal with Kunos to model a little something for them, something that this forum would no doubt be very interested in - though I can't be specific yet.

Alonso Fan

garyjpaterson wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 12:20
Alonso Fan wrote:

Very nice quality. Can't say it sounds like a 12k rpm NA V8 but very nice nevertheless :D

Hoping to wrap up the livery this weekend, been incredibly busy lately - just made a deal with Kunos to model a little something for them, something that this forum would no doubt be very interested in - though I can't be specific yet.
Ah, indeed it doesn't... Its a turbo charged 8K rpm V4 with mgu-k and mgu-h... But I just wanted it to sound like a real lmp1 car

But if you'd like me to make a proper 12k rpm NA V8 then that's no issue either :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

garyjpaterson

Alonso Fan wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 12:43
garyjpaterson wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

Ah, indeed it doesn't... Its a turbo charged 8K rpm V4 with mgu-k and mgu-h... But I just wanted it to sound like a real lmp1 car

But if you'd like me to make a proper 12k rpm NA V8 then that's no issue either :)
I don't really mind, sounds cool either way :D Actual power characteristics are 12k rpm NA so it would be strange hearing a turbo etc!

Alonso Fan

garyjpaterson wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 14:00
Alonso Fan wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 12:43
garyjpaterson wrote:

I don't really mind, sounds cool either way :D Actual power characteristics are 12k rpm NA so it would be strange hearing a turbo etc!
Ok excellent I'll get to work on it haha :)

This V4 won't go to waste. I'll install some 919 hybrid 2016 engine samples and release it on Race Department :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

RicME85

So recently I found out a bloke I have become friends with works at Gibson who make LMP engines, quite high up, as in equivalent to what Paul Hembery was at Pirelli.
Has invited me down for the 6hr of Silverstone. Hoping to get a tour of the factory as that is only a few miles from here.

CAEdevice

RicME85 wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 12:07
So recently I found out a bloke I have become friends with works at Gibson who make LMP engines, quite high up, as in equivalent to what Paul Hembery was at Pirelli.
Has invited me down for the 6hr of Silverstone. Hoping to get a tour of the factory as that is only a few miles from here.
Great news! I still remember the sound of Gibson engines last year in Monza
Last edited by CAEdevice on 25 Apr 2018, 13:03, edited 1 time in total.

Alonso Fan

RicME85 wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 12:07
Awesome! If you don't mind would you be able to get some footage of the 911 RSR while you're there? I need some more samples for a sound mod I'm making ;)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

etsmc

Any update on the challenge?
Don't know if I start on a car for 2018 or not

CAEdevice

I would not rush to the staff, but I can not wait to get to know the new rulebook

Ft5fTL

Hi guys how are you all? I'm finally back from the millitary. Any news for the new season?
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

CAEdevice

Hi Ft5fTL, welcome back.

Any news about the next MVRC edition?