2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adb
adb

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Sooo, now that we know Renault has a blown wing, they've track proven it, what are the chances that it's a major gain and what we've seen in Barcelona was not a final car? Or that they didn't really show their hand and it's actually a top car?

PhillipM

Not a lot, it's not really much different to what most teams are already doing using it with winglets on the crash structure to drive the diffuser flow up to the wing, in terms of performance it's nothing really, despite what the press yammer on about.

ivanlesk

Re: Renault Sport F1 R.S. 18

New MGU-H for both drivers.
Didn't find if it's for performance or reliability.

korzeniow

ivanlesk wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 09:06
Was the change for performance? Or reliability?
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

baybars

korzeniow wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 15:40
ivanlesk wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 09:06
Was the change for performance? Or reliability?
The exchange of the MGU-H is unrelated to the turbo damage at Red Bull. On Thursday we recognized a potential problem from the data. It only affected our MGU-H and not our customers. To be on the safe side, we removed the parts and sent them back to Paris to test them on the test bench. Should our suspicions not be confirmed, they will return to the contingent and will be used in the Friday training sessions or maybe even in races. "
Abiteboul sees no general problem with MGU-H. "Otherwise, we would have taken action at the customer's and changed the turbocharger as well. These are parts from a particular batch, which has just gone to us

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... eue-mgu-h/

korzeniow

Thanks for the link :)
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

baybars

Cyril Abiteboul said thatBaku will mark the start of the next phase of our season push. We will debut some new chassis upgrades, specifically on the wings and bargeboards, which will be followed on the engine side in Barcelona

https://www.pitpass.com/61563/Renaults- ... an-preview

dren

What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Honda!

z.topoln

dren wrote:What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Brainfart happened. Exactly the same as last year. Binned it by himself! I like the guy, but you cant be doing that and hope for a top drive.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

marmer

z.topoln wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 14:45
dren wrote:What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Brainfart happened. Exactly the same as last year. Binned it by himself! I like the guy, but you cant be doing that and hope for a top drive.

Unless someone in a top team leaves like rosberg did and leave the team running round for drivers I suspect Renault is a good a seat as he can get now. Age is against him now compared to many other talented drivers equally for Roman and Perez. These 3 would only get a top seat as a quick fix now.
Red bull would grab gasley if one of their drivers leave.
Ferrari want Ricardo or Charles so would only pick someone else if vettel quits assuming one of these two replaces kimi.
Mercedes will keep botas if they don't get Ricardo. And the season after that theoretically George Russel will have a year under him at F1 level.

Also outside bet is that kubica gets a drive at Williams this season and then becomes a viable option for a big team.

dren

z.topoln wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 14:45

Thanks. That's a shame, he was having a good race.
Honda!

GoranF1

Alonso and Renault in 2019 for title.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

makecry

dren wrote:
30 Apr 2018, 14:39
What happened to Hulk? He was having a pretty good race and then was out.
Karma happened.

But uhmm.. he binned it by himself.

Andres125sx

Opinions about the team order?

As a spanish it was painful, specially considering it was Monaco and track position is everything. But he was suffering with the tires so much...

I´d agree with it but the track makes me doubtful, Renault finished 8-10 when they were 8-9 before the TO, and since it was Monaco letting him by so he can attack some other car in front was not the case, it was just a matter of switching positions

Do you think they could have kept 8-9? I´m sure Nico could have kept Max behind much easier than Carlos, but this does not mean it would have been possible...

What are your thoughts?

Big Tea

Andres125sx wrote:
28 May 2018, 18:34
Opinions about the team order?

As a spanish it was painful, specially considering it was Monaco and track position is everything. But he was suffering with the tires so much...

I´d agree with it but the track makes me doubtful, Renault finished 8-10 when they were 8-9 before the TO, and since it was Monaco letting him by so he can attack some other car in front was not the case, it was just a matter of switching positions

Do you think they could have kept 8-9? I´m sure Nico could have kept Max behind much easier than Carlos, but this does not mean it would have been possible...

What are your thoughts?
Even at Monaco keeping a car behind is a risk. There was bad marbling like the old days and any step off line cost at best loss of grip for the lap at worse out of the race, and all options inbetween
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.