2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
makecry

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

godlameroso wrote:
07 May 2018, 03:42
Car 7 seems to have an edge on pace, in car 8 Alonso is the fastest most consistent driver, I love how data makes the truth undisputed.
Did Car 7 have different setup?

With regards to Car 7 vs Car 8, I feel like the reason car 7 had better pace because it started at the back and they were trying their best to close up fast or just unlap themselves. I honestly believe that in couple of races once Fernando gets the grip on traffic and the car in general, he will be the fastest driver on the team. To jump into the car in his first race and be the fastest driver amongst the 2 other drivers who are more experienced in endurance driving is no mean feat.

I remember Alonso saying he wasn't very comfy before Indy 500 and a lot of people were like he will take time to adapt and the first thought that came to my mind during the race when he took the lead was "The greatest trick Fernando Alonso pulled was to convince the world that he wasn't comfortable in a race car especially an open wheel race car".

The drought was long and hard but it's finally over. Now McLaren for ---'s sake give this man a fast car.

cramr

Re: McLaren MCL33

GoranF1 wrote:
05 May 2018, 10:07
According to AMuS the update will include:

New turning vanes under the nose, new bargeboards, new engine cover and new RW, new floor.
So... like everyone else? every team usually bring major updates for the 1st European race

Thunder

2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault, that's what my Topic Title says. ;)

WEC Talks in the "Other Racing Series" Forum please: viewforum.php?f=5
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

J.A.W.

Thunder wrote:
07 May 2018, 07:43
2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault, that's what my Topic Title says. ;)

WEC Talks in the "Other Racing Series" Forum please: viewforum.php?f=5

Relax, T..
F.Alonso is Team McLaren-Renault's No1 driver, & IMO - its his doings (a race win!) which are the focus - not Toyota/WEC..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

Thunder

We have talks about different Set Ups between the Cars, different Pitstop Strategy, Race Strategy and Penalties in Quali here. That is NOT what is to be Discussed in this Thread.
#aerogollum

Andres125sx

Re: McLaren MCL33

cramr wrote:
07 May 2018, 07:27
GoranF1 wrote:
05 May 2018, 10:07
According to AMuS the update will include:

New turning vanes under the nose, new bargeboards, new engine cover and new RW, new floor.
So... like everyone else? every team usually bring major updates for the 1st European race
Yes there will be no dark matter converter, only a heavily revised car

Andres125sx

Chuckjr wrote:
06 May 2018, 18:12
Anybody can win in a car that's 1+ seconds a lap faster than the field...just ask Nico and Lewis.
Yeah ask Lewis in 2016 season :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o

Thunder

nirvaand wrote:
05 May 2018, 08:31
According to #AMuS the MCL33 B-Spec car that we will see in Barcelona will have: new deflectors under nose, new bargeboards, new engine cover, new floor, and new rear wing.
You forgot some Pieces:
Neu sind Nase, Frontflügel, Deflektoren unter der Nase, Leitbleche, Boden, Motorverkleidung, Heckflügel
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... chan-2018/ (click through the Gallery)

New Pieces are: Nose, Front Wing, Turning Vanes (under the Nose), Bargeboards, Floor, Engine Cover and Rear Wing.
#aerogollum

J.A.W.

Thunder wrote:
07 May 2018, 08:20
We have talks about different Set Ups between the Cars, different Pitstop Strategy, Race Strategy and Penalties in Quali here. That is NOT what is to be Discussed in this Thread.
Getting a tad terse there, aren't you T..

& since when.. is Alonso "NOT" part of Team McLaren-Renault F1?

Surely the functional capability/winning potential of the lead driver - is a merit-worthy point of discussion - for this thread?

adrianjordan

I would assume that, along with the new engine cover, there will be revised internals which could yield them some significant reduction in drag too.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

J.A.W. wrote:
07 May 2018, 09:35
Thunder wrote:

Surely the functional capability/winning potential of the lead driver - is a merit-worthy point of discussion - for this thread?
In F1 yes. But there was just lots of arguing about WEC and that is not F1 and so that is why the moderators are saying it's off topic...because it is.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

dr_cooke

So, the typical "before/after" pics of the rhinoplasty (aka nosejob) are just 4 days away...

Benii6

dr_cooke wrote:
07 May 2018, 09:39
So, the typical "before/after" pics of the rhinoplasty (aka nosejob) are just 4 days away...

http://latestplasticsurgery.com/wp-cont ... -After.jpg
Man, I feel like I've been duped. :(

Thunder

J.A.W. wrote:
Thunder wrote:

It's Monday morning, i'm as relaxed as i can be. ;)

To sum it up: Want to talk about Alonso in everything McLaren or F1 related? This Thread is fine.
Want to talk about Race Strategy of the Spa 6h, in which Alonso coincidentally participated? Make a Thread in the Forum i linked.

And let's end it on that Please.
#aerogollum

J.A.W.

adrianjordan wrote:
07 May 2018, 09:37
J.A.W. wrote:
Thunder wrote:

In F1 yes. But there was just lots of arguing about WEC and that is not F1 and so that is why the moderators are saying it's off topic...because it is.
Ok, ta for that.. I didn't see it.. & those posts appears to have vanished.. ( there's been a fair bit of that lately)
with just a kind of anti-Cheshire cat smile as evidence that something was there..

& anyhow, T still seems to be emphatically indicating that he rejects driver-discussion material, in this thread..