2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McHonda

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

I love the Force India nose so I'd be happy.

Slotted pillars on a slimmer Mercedes like nose but with nostrils would be my guess.

makecry

It's all speculation guys. Even AMuS doesn't know what it's gonna be as per the article. They themselves say they wont know what it is till it shows on track. Holy --- ---, we still have so many days to go. Ughh.

ollandos

my think about nose is something like FI with holes and channels for cooling and non side pod holes..something like wing there for downforce on the middle of the car ..and move away the air in front of rear tires ...a moving to the front car with wing on sidepods and not holes...and move current sideponds on the nose with channels for the air ..

at the next 2-3 races ..we have new fuel (0.1 sec) new engine (renault says 0.3 sec) and new aero (?).. #-o [-o<

makecry

ollandos wrote:
08 May 2018, 13:29
my think about nose is something like FI with holes and channels for cooling and non side pod holes..something like wing there for downforce on the middle of the car ..and move away the air in front of rear tires ...a moving to the front car with wing on sidepods and not holes...and move current sideponds on the nose with channels for the air ..

at the next 2-3 races ..we have new fuel (0.1 sec) new engine (renault says 0.3 sec) and new aero (?).. #-o [-o<
0.3 seconds on the PU upgrade? Got a link? Not doubting you, just curious what Renault is saying.

Also the new aero would be worth half a second according to AMuS and F1AT.

radosav

Well,expectations are so high that everything under 0.8 sec gain is failure.😉

ollandos

makecry wrote:
08 May 2018, 13:35
ollandos wrote:
08 May 2018, 13:29

0.3 seconds on the PU upgrade? Got a link? Not doubting you, just curious what Renault is saying.

Also the new aero would be worth half a second according to AMuS and F1AT.
about the new aero there is no word about the gains ...for renault engine 2 ..perhaps the renault PU thread have links ....0.3sec for canada ...i dont know about weight for mclaren ..if have something for weight save now or little later with engine 2 ...for aero we see on track ..0.5 only for aero is big ...maybe have mechanical changes too

techman

anyone want to predict the qualifying order in spain? This will be interesting. as some smaller teams might not bring big upgrades will fall back

Thunder

We aren't even sure what Scope the Update will have, let alone if it works or what the other Teams bring. Predicting anything would be a long shot.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

ollandos

techman wrote:
08 May 2018, 13:51
anyone want to predict the qualifying order in spain? This will be interesting. as some smaller teams might not bring big upgrades will fall back
track layout helps more than prenious 4 ...p7 realistic target and if someone of big tree have problems higher ...and one stop for the race...i have feeling for p5 quali and higher for the race ..

Ground Effect

techman wrote:
08 May 2018, 13:51
You can go ahead and predict if you want, nothing's stopping you.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Ground Effect

Commonsense prevails
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Nuvolari

McLaren's new nose ETA

Who's excited? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

techman

track layout helps more than prenious 4 ...p7 realistic target and if someone of big tree have problems higher ...and one stop for the race...i have feeling for p5 quali and higher for the race ..
So you predict p5 for quali. so that means the mclaren has to qualify ahead of one of the top teams. mer, ferrari or redbull. that a interesting prediction. ok i keep a note of this. for me its difficult to say which order mclarn fits in

Ground Effect

techman wrote:
08 May 2018, 15:05
So you predict p5 for quali. so that means the mclaren has to qualify ahead of one of the top teams. mer, ferrari or redbull. that a interesting prediction. ok i keep a note of this. for me its difficult to say which order mclarn fits in
Classic techman