2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
GPR-A duplicate2

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Muniix wrote:
13 May 2018, 22:42
GPR-A wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 14:36
johnny comelately wrote:
22 Apr 2018, 21:55
you can see why marquez was stoners protege, his braking and corner speed a class above.
I am not sure why you say "Stoner's protege". They have no connection. I have heard some folks here talking very highly of Stoner. Sorry, but he was one of those good riders, but nothing legendary. In 12 years of his motorbike racing career, including Moto 2 and 3, he won a meager 2 titles. Whereas MM has won 6 titles in 10 years across those categories. To me, MM is more in the league of Schumacher, in the sense that he can fight for championship and win, even when he doesn't necessarily have the best machinery. In my opinion, Stoner was overrated.

The fact that he chose to retire, considering the dangers of motor racing, to me says, he was probably not the most passionate riders. There are those F1 drivers and then MotoGP riders, all they want to do is race. They make the sport special.
You are quoting no numbers, facts or relevant external factors. Casey can and does when he hops on the Ducati set the best time for a now non-full time rider are the kind of facts to take into consideration as evidenced by Lorenzo's quote "we learn nothing new of Casey's talent'. He was the 'Only' rider able to not only ride the 'un-ridable' ducati but take a championship on it. Every other rider couldn't understand how this was possible, every other rider.
And he couldn't repeat that success of 'un-ridable' ducati of 2007, in 2008, 2009 and 2010. Neither could he understand the bike in those years like he did in 2007. If someone cannot repeat the success they enjoyed once, it means fluke! And Stoner never repeated his feat. Like I said in one of my earlier post, Stoner's 2007 was just like Jenson Button's 2009. Sometimes it's just the aura that people create, a smoke screen more than the actual material itself.

He goes to Ducati in 2007, a first year in Ducati and wins it. He never wins again. The 2007 "Ducati GP 7" was built by someone else's feedback and he wins that year. When he actually provides the feedback to build 2008, 2009 and 2010 bikes, he can't win. I would say, his feedback made the Ducati become worse. 2007 (10 wins), in 2008 (6 wins), 2009 (4 wins) and 2010 (3 wins).

Deja Vu. He goes to Honda in 2011, a first year in Honda and wins it. The 2011 "Honda RC212V" was built by someone else's feedback and he wins that year. When he actually provides the feedback to build 2012, he can't win again!
That is amazing!

Good riders/drivers help build better machinery. He has been testing for Ducati for the past year and this, what has Ducati achieved with his inputs?

J.A.W.

GPR-A, 'bout time you make the effort to 'ante-up' & check the list of G.P. victories won by Ducati riders aint it?

If you do.. you'll see just how wrong you've been about C.S... & then.. you can duly stand corrected..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

GPR-A duplicate2

J.A.W. wrote:
14 May 2018, 12:46
GPR-A, 'bout time you make the effort to 'ante-up' & check the list of G.P. victories won by Ducati riders aint it?

If you do.. you'll see just how wrong you've been about C.S... & then.. you can duly stand corrected..
Take a chance and give me the details. I strongly believe, no one can take a bad bike and win races and championships. You need to have to have the machinery capable of doing it, otherwise, you are going to be where Stoner was in 2008-2010. My simple question is. Why did he not win as many races in 2008, 2009 and 2010 as much as he did in 2007, if he was as good as you believe?

Nobody who is defending Stoner, is giving me the details of what was wrong with the Ducati bikes and how he magically drove them to championship! And subsequently, what went wrong that he couldn't repeat it. Everyone is happy to give his feelings, her feelings and their feelings. So and so rider said this about Stoner and so and so said this? Is that how you quantify his talent and greatness?

2005 - Loris Capirossi (2 wins and 2 podiums)
2006 - Loris Capirossi (3 wins and 5 podiums)
2007 - Loris Capirossi (1 win and 3 podiums)

Now here is the fun. Based on Dani's record, the Honda bikes were miserable in 2016 and 2017. MM must be some kind of god to win using those bikes! Is it?
2016 - Dani Pedrosa (1 win and 2 podiums)
2017 - Dani Pedrosa (2 wins and 7 podiums)

See that is what happens when you use poor references to measure Stoner on Ducati.
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 14 May 2018, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

J.A.W.

Sorry pal.. but what you may "believe" - is no substitute for the facts..

Check the list of:

A, Moto GP Champions who have been factory Ducati riders, & how many G.P.'s they have won on the Ducati;
B, Ratio of race-to-wins achieved by Ducati since C.S. left, & after he returned - in his role as consultant test rider..
& then compare the figures with how well Ducati did, in his absence..

Then with good grace, stand corrected, & admit.. you were wrong..

GPR-A duplicate2

J.A.W. wrote:
14 May 2018, 13:11
Then with good grace, stand corrected, & admit.. you were wrong..
I see a desperation here (in a way pleading) to accept your feelings for a rider.

J.A.W.

As per your odd choice to go by what you "believe" GPR-A, VS the cold, hard facts.. well..
"Feelings" aint got no say neither..

Quit stallin' & 'Do the maths' - as the sayin' goes..

GPR-A duplicate2

J.A.W. wrote:
14 May 2018, 13:27
As per your odd choice to go by what you "believe" GPR-A, VS the cold, hard facts.. well..
"Feelings" aint got no say neither..

Quit stallin' & 'Do the maths' - as the sayin' goes..
Which you haven't done so far, whereas I have provided some stats that you wanted. Wins from other riders on Ducati, prior to Stoner. Once again, all you have presented as COLD, HARD FACTS is just your feelings. Nothing more.

I will tell you this. Because people needed someone other than Rossi to win, because he was dominating, anyone who came along with a decent riding strength, was accepted as great. That hurts, but true. Just like people got fed up with Vettel from 2010 to 2013 and wanted to see a change. Just like people wanted to see someone other than Schumacher to win. Just feelings.

J.A.W.

I already know them.. & you remain hopelessly stuck in 'denial'.. & still diggin' deeper yet.. emotive much..

"Oh dear, how sad, nevermind", as the good ol' W.O. - was wont to remark..

Adit: noted increase in emotive response, ( in lieu of reality check! & as if.. on a Technical Forum..)
Last edited by J.A.W. on 14 May 2018, 13:36, edited 2 times in total.

GPR-A duplicate2

J.A.W. wrote:
14 May 2018, 13:33
I already know them.. & you remain hopelessly stuck in 'denial'.. & still diggin' deeper yet..

Good for you. Keep hanging in there.

J.A.W.

GPR-A wrote:
14 May 2018, 13:34
J.A.W. wrote:
I already know them.. & you remain hopelessly stuck in 'denial'.. & still diggin' deeper yet..

Sure can.. unlike.. your credibility..
Last edited by J.A.W. on 14 May 2018, 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

GPR-A duplicate2

J.A.W. wrote:
14 May 2018, 13:38
GPR-A wrote:
J.A.W. wrote:

Sure can.. unlike your credibility..
Huh? Someone who is just hanging on to poor personal feelings, who can't even provide scientific evidences or statistics, talking about my credibility! Sure yes, kiddo.

J.A.W.

Again with "feelings"?

C'mon.. "kiddo"..
Do try to understand.. the meaning of 'Technical Forum'..

& check your ego sensitivites accordingly.. along with your ongoing 'denial' - of the facts..

NathanOlder

I'd just like to add, Dani is absolute crap , has been for years. Maybe he is one of the best at developing the bike? He should have been ditched 5 years ago.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Nonserviam85

GPR-A wrote:
14 May 2018, 13:41
J.A.W. wrote:
14 May 2018, 13:38
GPR-A wrote:
Sure can.. unlike your credibility..
Huh? Someone who is just hanging on to poor personal feelings, who can't even provide scientific evidences or statistics, talking about my credibility! Sure yes, kiddo.
Seriously GPR-A what is your issue here? Are you so sensitive because someone is suggesting a driver might be greater/ more talented than your favorite driver who is obviously Marquez? And please stop providing statistics for someone's greatness, there is a difference between greatness and success which obviously you cannot distinguish between.

Andres125sx

Well, he´s provided some data and a good reasoning about he only won on his first season with both Ducati and Honda, while "you" Stoner fans have provided zero data apart from "only Stoner won with Ducati", so you can agree to disagree, but I can´t see any more sensitiveness on his side than I see on Stoner fans