2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

maguetox wrote:
16 May 2018, 17:20
sn809 wrote:
16 May 2018, 15:42
HPD wrote:
16 May 2018, 13:53
Something's wrong?

Rumours also starting of WehrLein
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/merca ... 37791/?s=1
Well Wehrlein is not the best driver than we can have, I will prefer to have someone with more experience that help develop the chassis, TR is going to pay in the next few year the lack of a experience drivers.
Wehrlein is clearly the fastest available driver. German driver, Italian team, and Japanese engine manufacturer.
Saishū kōnā

dren

Really? I'd take Kubica over Wehrlein.
Honda!

rogazilla

dren wrote:
16 May 2018, 21:12
same here. or Massa (cringe as I says it)

Just someone who has enough experience with setup and ability to provide feedback

ME4ME

I strongly disagree, no way I would pick Kubica or Massa. Wehrlein is the way to go (or Frijns, still thinking he deserves a chance).

ronanharris09

dren wrote:
16 May 2018, 21:12
So then Williams asks for half priced Honda PU lol.
#OffTopic

Revs84

Re replacing Hartley, that's not what this opinion piece seem to believe:

http://www.rachf1.com/news/how-underrat ... r-red-bull

I can understand most people's feelings about him, but I personally just hope he can find more determination and aggressiveness as I really like the guy. I'm sure he has something in there if he managed to win 2 WEC Championships.

loner

oh well nothing to notice for forumers about STR-Honda testing , i feel they are up beat perhaps they found what hampered them in the previous GP'S...
The main items covered were a mix of aerodynamic testing and characterisation, cooling evaluation, tyre testing and a number of mechanical setup tests. We scanned quite large changes with the aim of understanding the full operational envelope of the car and we have found some very interesting directions which we need to analyse and explore further.
para bellum.

GhostF1

loner wrote:
16 May 2018, 23:54
oh well nothing to notice for forumers about STR-Honda testing , i feel they are up beat perhaps they found what hampered them in the previous GP'S...
The main items covered were a mix of aerodynamic testing and characterisation, cooling evaluation, tyre testing and a number of mechanical setup tests. We scanned quite large changes with the aim of understanding the full operational envelope of the car and we have found some very interesting directions which we need to analyse and explore further.
It definitely sounds positive. And as we thought. It was cooling and energy management evaluation on the PU side. Glad they and the chassis side found some positives!

sn809

Its good to be on the positive side. May be they need to prep the engine and chassis.
I would also prefer if Hartley stays

McMika98

Revs84 wrote:
16 May 2018, 23:25
Re replacing Hartley, that's not what this opinion piece seem to believe:

http://www.rachf1.com/news/how-underrat ... r-red-bull

I can understand most people's feelings about him, but I personally just hope he can find more determination and aggressiveness as I really like the guy. I'm sure he has something in there if he managed to win 2 WEC Championships.
I have nothing against him and want to see him do well but he has been disappointing so far.
The guy is learning tracks through the race weekend so how the heck is he providing valuable feedback and developing the car is beyond me. So far he has failed to nail a setup in quali and race, forget feedback its confusing the engineers. Needs to be aggresive but thats not his style.

urbanglowcam

Ground Effect wrote:
16 May 2018, 20:33
McMika98 wrote:
16 May 2018, 20:27
Keep getting nagging issues, not good for a team with limited resources. Man they need to step it up. Team seems to be in a flux with lots of young blood.

Pascal maybe less error prone than Hartley but they should tempt Button.
Button turned down Williams last year, said he quit F1 a year too late, I think he's done
I would love to see Button in that seat with his experience. He does still drive for Honda in SuperGT now; however, I could have sworn he said STR offered him a seat around his retirement and he turned it down.

Thunder18

urbanglowcam wrote:
17 May 2018, 10:15
Ground Effect wrote:
McMika98 wrote:
16 May 2018, 20:27
Keep getting nagging issues, not good for a team with limited resources. Man they need to step it up. Team seems to be in a flux with lots of young blood.

Pascal maybe less error prone than Hartley but they should tempt Button.
Button turned down Williams last year, said he quit F1 a year too late, I think he's done
I would love to see Button in that seat with his experience. He does still drive for Honda in SuperGT now; however, I could have sworn he said STR offered him a seat around his retirement and he turned it down.
my 2cents, after Jenson lost his father, then the death of Jules Bianchi, Jenson took a long hard look at like and figured open top seaters are not for him anymore, even with Halo. I had never seen anyone so happy to retire from F1.

Big Tea

Thunder18 wrote:
17 May 2018, 10:27
urbanglowcam wrote:
17 May 2018, 10:15
Ground Effect wrote:

my 2cents, after Jenson lost his father, then the death of Jules Bianchi, Jenson took a long hard look at like and figured open top seaters are not for him anymore, even with Halo. I had never seen anyone so happy to retire from F1.
I think Button was glad to get away from the politics of F1 too. In particular being in the jam between Mclaren and Honda. Should he be offered a position at STR, Be it driver or advisor, he would not be in the same position as he was at Mclaren. He could 'feel' he was on Honda's side as he has no debt to STR.

I have said several times before (yes, some must be sick of it :D ) but someone who knows both cultures could be a big benefit to them.
I know Tost spent time in Japan, but a driver direct to engine bods could help in transmitting things that are maybe 'non verbal' but important to get the best out of the car.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

FrukostScones

I like Hartley and think he is a nice guy.
But also I think he showed that he is not 100% up to the F1 game.
I would like to see him replaced with someone more capable.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

makecry

WEH was what? 0.040% or 0.050% faster than Ericsson who was 10kg heavier and in already overweight car. WEH is mediocre at best if you consider Ericsson mediocre. I'd take Buemi or JEV over him anyday,not sure they would be up to drive in a lower mid field team being used as a test bed for Honda and Buemi is a toyota driver anyway and FWIW, I am not too sure about Kubica either. Yenson my friend is gone too. He is not going to come to F1. He gave up a 8 figure salary from McLaren, he is not going to drive for Toro Rosso.