2018 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
trinidefender

Re: 2018 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

Cannonballer wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 12:53
roy928tt wrote:
30 Mar 2018, 10:16
Hi Guys I don't often post, but as a mechanic and F1 enthusiast I came here to find out what the story was with the crossthreaded wheel nuts.

I'm surprised that it appears that was all it was, I would have thought that the evolution F1 wheel nuts would be such that it was not possible to crossthread them, every other team and car has not displayed this issue. I did notice on our telecast a HAAS crew member retrieving one of the Paoli rattle guns after the second car left, was there rather an issue with one of the guns? Though we all saw a distraught helmuted crew member also. Has the team released any statement?

I'm just puzzled by it all.

On the flip side, I have the rear end of an old F1 car on my hillclimber and it takes me minutes to wrestle the wheel onto the drive studs and get a wheelnut on...so I should image all kinds of mishaps could take place in the space of 1.9 seconds....
**off topic, but a hillclimber with the rear end of an old F1 car is thread worthy ...
Yes please! Mind making a topic showing off your car?

PhillipM

With the power and speed that an F1 wheel gun has, it's not only possible to cross threads but also to rip them clean out of the nut.

FightingHellPhish

RonDennis wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 14:55
It's just a copied Ferrari from last year with some modifications. Just a mather of time until they get picked up by Renault and McLaren. Haas is pretty clever guy, because they are doing are great job with a limited budget.
While they wont be able to do it in F1, this method won them 2 championships in NASCAR (Hendrick chassis and engines). Now they build everything but the engine in house and have won 4 of 6 races this season. I think they are basically creating a big notebook based on Ferrari knowledge. I think theres more to the relationship than it seems but not in the conspiratorial sort of way.

TAG

Given all the dialogue with the Ferrari relationship and their 2018 car, I suggest we change the title of this thread to 2018 Scuderia Haas F1 Team - Ferrari.

Not that there's anything wrong with it. :mrgreen:
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

dren

FightingHellPhish wrote:
03 Apr 2018, 05:38
RonDennis wrote:
27 Mar 2018, 14:55
It's just a copied Ferrari from last year with some modifications. Just a mather of time until they get picked up by Renault and McLaren. Haas is pretty clever guy, because they are doing are great job with a limited budget.
While they wont be able to do it in F1, this method won them 2 championships in NASCAR (Hendrick chassis and engines). Now they build everything but the engine in house and have won 4 of 6 races this season. I think they are basically creating a big notebook based on Ferrari knowledge. I think theres more to the relationship than it seems but not in the conspiratorial sort of way.
It's a smart way to become competitive in a short time with less funds in an expensive competition. Learn as much as you can from others before doing it on your own.
Honda!

marmer

Has there been any real explanation of why k-mag has been so improved this year compared to Roman. Just looks faster generally and more racey or is it just bad luck for Roman.

ME4ME

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/head ... aijan.html

Pretty interesting video. Way to lenient penalty in my opinion. I would've given him a drive-through. Haas has some fixing to do to their flexing bodywork.

Silent Storm

marmer wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 12:32
Has there been any real explanation of why k-mag has been so improved this year compared to Roman. Just looks faster generally and more racey or is it just bad luck for Roman.
Kevin did say the rear of the car is better than last years car, he relies on traction and rear grip for performance kinda like Vettel while Romain needs more front end grip like Kimi, infact Magnussen said Romain likes the rear to be loose on corner entry and that setup is too extreme for him, and he is enjoying the stability from this years car while Romain hasn't found the sweet spot yet.
https://badgergp.com/kevin-magnussen-on ... -sleeping/
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

loner

i heard Haas received a second Ferrari PU in Monaco is it the same or a 20+ hp more ?!!
para bellum.

MtthsMlw

loner wrote:
24 May 2018, 21:48
i heard Haas received a second Ferrari PU in Monaco is it the same or a 20+ hp more ?!!
Should be spec 2 which was reported to bring 20hp but you can't be sure about that. It was also reported that they reduced the fuel consumption.

loner

MtthsMlw wrote:
24 May 2018, 21:50
loner wrote:
Should be spec 2 which was reported to bring 20hp but you can't be sure about that. It was also reported that they reduced the fuel consumption.
thnx .. if true canada should be interesting for HAAS
para bellum.

MtthsMlw

loner wrote:
24 May 2018, 22:10
MtthsMlw wrote:
24 May 2018, 21:50
loner wrote:
thnx .. if true canada should be interesting for HAAS
Could be, yes but remember that Renault, Merc and Honda(?) are bringing updates, too.

sprint car76

Re: Haas VF-18 Ferrari

Why is it no wants to give Haas any respect? Despite hiring more people for their aero department and working with dallara they still get labeled as a ferrari clone? The car is very much their own design and has become the best of the rest but still gets no respect. Check out how many pages there are on every other car and then check out Haas. No respect.

Zynerji

sprint car76 wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 18:57
Why is it no wants to give Haas any respect? Despite hiring more people for their aero department and working with dallara they still get labeled as a ferrari clone? The car is very much their own design and has become the best of the rest but still gets no respect. Check out how many pages there are on every other car and then check out Haas. No respect.
Because, they are American.

Big Tea

Zynerji wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 19:40
sprint car76 wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 18:57
Because, they are American.
Gunther is Italian.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.