2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Raleigh

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

For 2018 Renault was the smart choice, insulating Red Bull from the risk that Honda would still be a distinct 4th best, meanwhile they can work with Honda and Toro Rosso towards having the Honda engine well integrated into the 2019 Red Bull. At which point based on rates of progress Honda may well have overtaken Renault.

That is the luxury of having a 2nd team like STR, Red Bull can really get the best of both worlds in terms of having the right engine for the right moment.

Brenton

In practice today Max crashed and blamed it on the wind. I want to love Red Bull but why in interviews do they so often blame outside factors? The way Horner immediately put in an insult to the Renault PU during the Sky practice interview for example... he was talking about Ricciardo's fastest laptime and immediately pointed out the PU holding him back on the straights. What does Red Bull gain from insulting Renault constantly? Is it to try to signal to Honda that they want to switch? But wouldn't Honda see this as a bad sign, that Red Bull will talk bad about them if inadequate PU comes from a partnership?

Sieper

Why do you post stuff like this. Max admitted immediately and very clearly it was his own mistake, he also said he did not know why it happened (no specific reason, no technical faults) and only later in the interview, when asked, they talked about the wind as well, but more on the point of the wind to come.

Reason Horner talks about the PU is it is still like 50hp down and that matters on a 22 second flat out. RBR is a top team with a budget up there with the other 2 top teams but so far no option to ever get a similar engine. Maybe that option now comes available to them with Honda.

loner

ImageImage
para bellum.

Fulcrum

All very stage managed in the heat of the moment. I wonder what the mood will be like in 2 weeks time?

yener

Ricciardo still didn't sign a contract for RBR yet. I don't see Ferrari as an option. Seb will not accept it, Seb was beaten by Riciardo in the RBR, even if the car fitted Daniel more, Vettel has bad memories and will remember. Going to Mercedes, not an option as wel. He would definitly be the number 2 driver.
At RBR Daniel is having a hard time with Max.

Any thoughts?
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

marvin78

How do you know, that Vettel has to accept another driver?

yener

marvin78 wrote:
18 May 2018, 15:25
How do you know, that Vettel has to accept another driver?
Because i believe, Raikonnen drives his last year in F1. Then somebody must replace Raikonnen, but Vettel as the nr 1 driver for Ferrari, wouldnt want to have Riciardo as his teammate i believe..
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

marvin78

So you believe. I for one believe that we don't know if any of your assumptions is true. To much speculation.

godlameroso

By far the best chassis on the grid 1.6 second improvement over last year's Monaco lap. Assuming the hypersoft is a good 1 second faster than the ultra, that's still 6 tenths faster with a heavier car with more drag.
Saishū kōnā

roon

Yeah, impressive. Will they be as good on the remaining high downforce tracks?

NL_Fer

roon wrote:
26 May 2018, 17:19
Yeah, impressive. Will they be as good on the remaining high downforce tracks?
They will struggle with powerdeficit in Canada and Belgium, maybe in Russia.

senja

godlameroso wrote:
26 May 2018, 16:36
By far the best chassis on the grid 1.6 second improvement over last year's Monaco lap. Assuming the hypersoft is a good 1 second faster than the ultra, that's still 6 tenths faster with a heavier car with more drag.
Yes, but this year ultrasoft is softer than last year ultrasoft. So, I think that a lot of this improvement came of tires. I think that cars did not much improved this year. They only neutralized damage of adding halo and removing shark fin, T wing and monkey seat. But I agree that Red Bull is best car.

etusch

Congratulate ricciardo but double cong for verst for he could achieve to finish race :lol: =D>

Thunder

Good News for Daniel:
[media]https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1001762678803718147[/media]
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum