Drinking from the shoe, 'shoey'.

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
coaster

Drinking from the shoe, 'shoey'.

Opinions on the 'shoey' please?

Manoah2u

Re: Drinking from the shoe, 'shoey'.

please elaborate on what you're looking to see opinions about.
all i see is 1 sentence. i think you can do better than that?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NL_Fer

Hamilton made it clear he would not be getting involved.

"There is no racing achievement [that will get me to do a shoey], that is disgusting," Hamilton said. "I wouldn't even drink sweat from my own shoe.

"We've got these hydraulic fluids going down there, they're running at 300 degrees or something crazy, so it's bleeding hot. My dad would call it 'toe jam' - he's just drinking toe jam."

Manoah2u

.....as for the above reaction, i have to fully agree.

it's disgusting either way. imagine having socks on, presumably that have been through the washing machine,
and full clothing, shoes on, and sitting cramped for 2 hours, in the sun, doing hard excersize for those 2 hours
(do realize that racing an f1 car for 2 hours is mindblowing hard physical work), and then filling that shoe with
an alcoholic beverage.

it's not 100% alcohol, so it's not sanitized. and you put that shoe to your mouth, and you drink from it.
whether you really taste much at that point, i don't know, but it's just absolutely gross. Hell, i think there could
even be a risk of getting a bacterial infection.

i don't see the fun in it either. it was disgusting the first time, the second time, every time. it never was cool, it never was funny, it was awkward and embarassing really, and it was much more awkward and disgusting when - wasn't it brundle? - drank from it too.

marketing wise though, it's a great thing.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

DiogoBrand

Is it disgusting? Yes it is. Would I care if it's disgusting if I had just won a Grand Prix? Probably not.
If it makes the guy happy, why make a fuss about it? And seriously... health risk? Give me a break!

I don't know if I'd do it myself (probably not from someone else's shoes), but I'd rather seeing 100 shoeys than another boring interview about "oh our opponents have definitely caught up they have the faster car" and so on, or even worse, seeing someone defend Max for his "boldness" when all he does is race like an a-hole.

It's a demonstration of excitement, apparently it's common in 'Straya', and it's not hurting anyone, so keep on with it!

Phil

We live far too healthy anyway.

But i fear Dan got this thing going and if he likes it or not, it’s becoming a bit of a signature thing for him, with the crowd asking for it. Lol.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Big Tea

Is it his actual shoe from the race or a 'fresh one' put on stage for the show?

It it is a cheesy one, defiantly give it the boot
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Phil

If it was a fresh one, what would be the point?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

63l8qrrfy6

NL_Fer wrote:
29 May 2018, 20:29
Hamilton made it clear he would not be getting involved.

"There is no racing achievement [that will get me to do a shoey], that is disgusting," Hamilton said. "I wouldn't even drink sweat from my own shoe.

"We've got these hydraulic fluids going down there, they're running at 300 degrees or something crazy, so it's bleeding hot. My dad would call it 'toe jam' - he's just drinking toe jam."
Confirmed!
Merc drivers soak their socks in hydraulic oil which is then burnt in qualy.

nevill3

Brundle drank from it and was seriously ill afterwards and missed a couple of weekends :mrgreen:
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

Bence

You can't beat a nice fungal smoothie!!!

AJI
AJI

It's silly but highly entertaining. Would I drink it if he offered it to me? Hells yeah! If you can get Captain Picard to drink it who am I to say no.

DiogoBrand

AJI wrote:
30 May 2018, 00:35
It's silly but highly entertaining. Would I drink it if he offered it to me? Hells yeah! If you can get Captain Picard to drink it who am I to say no.
The weird thing is that F1 fans are constantly complaining about the sport not being as excited as it used to be, but then everyone complains when a driver shows some excitement.

strad

The weird thing is that F1 fans are constantly complaining about the sport not being as excited as it used to be, but then everyone complains when a driver shows some excitement
Agree with both and I doubt that that was what made Martin sick.
I have absolutely no problem with it on any level and would certainly drink it if offered.
I think too many people live in a strange, too sanitary, too safe world.
I was allowed to ride my bicycle and even my motorcycle without a helmet and without a second thought.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

J.A.W.

Here's a bit of background: https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/a- ... motorsport

Could it be that 'larrikin' Aussie G.P. winners find the taste of celebratory 'bubbles' - a tad too brut, & thus add.. some 'bouquet'?

Anyhow..

Aussie Indy 500 winner, Will Power - broke with his compatriots 'tradition' on the weekend, eschewing a boot-glug..
..albeit, the Indy 500 celebratory fluid offering.. is milk, rather than Champers.. could've* had a bit to do with it..

*Either that.. or maybe it was specifically 'verboten!' - by an uptight.. US event organisation..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).