2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Per
Per

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

(quote from McLaren team thread)
Andres125sx wrote:
29 May 2018, 17:40
Per wrote:
28 May 2018, 19:14
The numbers behind the 6-0 qualifying battle. I think there are teams where the battle looks worse for one driver, but I didn't check... let me know if you want to have a specific team checked for comparison
If you don´t mind I´d love to see Renault drivers compared. I know Sainz has improved a lot in last races in this regard, but it would be nice to see the numbers :D

You can post it in Renault Team thread if you will

Clarification for those who didn't follow the McLaren thread: this a comparison of qualifying times between team mates, in the last session they both participated in. A negative number means Sainz beat Hülkenberg that weekend, and vice versa.

Andres125sx

Thanks! :)

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:
28 May 2018, 18:34
Opinions about the team order?

As a spanish it was painful, specially considering it was Monaco and track position is everything. But he was suffering with the tires so much...

I´d agree with it but the track makes me doubtful, Renault finished 8-10 when they were 8-9 before the TO, and since it was Monaco letting him by so he can attack some other car in front was not the case, it was just a matter of switching positions

Do you think they could have kept 8-9? I´m sure Nico could have kept Max behind much easier than Carlos, but this does not mean it would have been possible...

What are your thoughts?
It was painful for Carlos but as he said the problem was the strategy and tyres. Therefore he didnt have a big problem to let Nico pass, he was being very slow and this could have damaged team´s result.

Vegetabill

Re: Renault V6 Power Unit

So Martin Brundle opens the uk coverage of P1 in front of the Redbull garage stating that he has heard rumours the new Renault engine is worth up to an additional 40bhp!! I hope he didn’t hear that in a bar :wtf:

Noetiepoerker26

Vegetabill wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 16:04
So Martin Brundle opens the uk coverage of P1 in front of the Redbull garage stating that he has heard rumours the new Renault engine is worth up to an additional 40bhp!! I hope he didn’t hear that in a bar :wtf:
This was also quoted on Dutch coverage 5 minutes ago. I wonder whether this is just some kind of PR gibberish or actually real... #-o
Two stroke: a little more than half the power, twice as often.

Ground Effect

This is interesting, I always thought Cyril would be glad to see the back of Red Bull.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... h-1045174/
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Bill

Cyril was grandstanding,he thought he a genius giving mclaren his pu humiliating Honda in process (yea 2 big teams) now Honda are gonna steal RBR right under his nose and return the favor

djos

Ground Effect wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 10:01
This is interesting, I always thought Cyril would be glad to see the back of Red Bull.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... h-1045174/
I'm not surprised, Renault know full well their team and Maclaren are not going to be front running teams in the next couple of years and RedBull are their only team competing for wins.
"In downforce we trust"

lawnmower

We should not take Cyril's words seriously. He is constantly nonsense, contradicts himself.

roon

Pretty good showing today. Currently forth in the constructors championship. Was anyone expecting this? These asphalt colored cars blending in pretty well whilst racking up the points.

Vasconia

roon wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 03:17
Pretty good showing today. Currently forth in the constructors championship. Was anyone expecting this? These asphalt colored cars blending in pretty well whilst racking up the points.
Personally I was expecting this, the car is better than last year and with two great drivers scoring points almost in every race the fourth position is a realitic target.

Ground Effect

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect

lawnmower

2 days ago: "we want you, we can win world championship together"

2 days later: "we will withdraw you"

This guy is a joke.

Big Tea

It always sounds better to say you quit than to tell people you were fired.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.