2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jz11

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

Morty has the perfect motivational speech for the team:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKKQn3WXh0

RonDennis

If this won't be the end of Boullier I don't know what is.

PinkFloydPulse

yup, many many things wrong at this team at the moment... really worrying...
Team Fernando!

Szabi1112

What an improvement! :( :(
We have no good chassis, we had no good engine and we had no money.

Zak was an stupid when he believed they had good chassis

Redragon

Darth-Piekus wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 16:22
Very poor performance and I can't hide the fact that performance is dropping race after race and I don't see the Updates working.

What is going on in Woking? What exactly did they do all Winter and continue to do all year? How the hell did they manage to go from a car that had one of the best chassis in F1 and that was the MCL32 to one of the worst.
They claim it was best chassis that's too different of having it

RonDennis

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 16:25
To be honest, it has been from Melbourne. They only reached Q3 twice. People in here were acting like they were doing a great job, because they were performing better than last year, which wasn't really a benchmark was it.

Singabule

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Very poor performance and I can't hide the fact that performance is dropping race after race and I don't see the Updates working.

What is going on in Woking? What exactly did they do all Winter and continue to do all year? How the hell did they manage to go from a car that had one of the best chassis in F1 and that was the MCL32 to one of the worst.
Emm, technically it is Just evolution of MCL 32, Except the engine and nose, and rear suspension

Sayeman

Darth-Piekus wrote:
How the hell did they manage to go from a car that had one of the best chassis in F1 and that was the MCL32
You still believe that?
Never Give up.

PinkFloydPulse

RonDennis wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 16:26
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
To be honest, it has been from Melbourne. They only reached Q3 twice. People in here were acting like they were doing a great job, because they were performing better than last year, which wasn't really a benchmark was it.
well, yeah, last year is not a good benchmark but hauling points race after race created an image things are better... but now the true state is revealed so... To bad the team keeps bullsh***ing that things are fine and better and do not want to admit what the hell is actually wrong...
Team Fernando!

RonDennis

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 16:28
RonDennis wrote:
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
well, yeah, last year is not a good benchmark but hauling points race after race created an image things are better... but now the true state is revealed so... To bad the team keeps bullsh***ing that things are fine and better and do not want to admit what the hell is actually wrong...
The gap has actually been bigger compared to the last races in 2017.

McL-H

Humiliating.. this hurts me so much. Been witnessing this decline for 6 years now, and there is no improvement at all. Just empty words..

McLaren is just a shadow of the team it once were :( I have been saying it for months, and yes, will repeat myself yet again: Eric and Zak need to go. Ron should be brought back. As we see now, ditching Honda has also been a huge mistake. Adapting to the Renault PU made McLaren having to compromise a lot.. while they were 4th team at the end of last year.. just reliability issues held them back and it was clear Honda would sooner or later fix these performance and reliability issues. McLaren should had focused on long-term gain, after investing 3 years in this PU.. To prevent current management from messing up even more, changes need to be made. Jost Capito would never had let McLaren fall down this far.. Ojjeh screwed up big time firing him and Ron.

max_speed

this team is an embarrassment. anyone who still defends this team is out of his mind.buck stops here. all bull**** no truth.

Alonso Fan

Sayeman wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 16:28
Darth-Piekus wrote:
How the hell did they manage to go from a car that had one of the best chassis in F1 and that was the MCL32
You still believe that?
There's not much to believe. It's simple logic
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

RonDennis

McL-H wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 16:30
Humiliating.. this hurts me so much. Been witnessing this decline for 6 years now, and there is no improvement at all. Just empty words..

McLaren is just a shadow of the team it once were :( I have been saying it for months, and yes, will repeat myself yet again: Eric and Zak need to go. Ron should be brought back. As we see now, ditching Honda has also been a huge mistake. Adapting to the Renault PU made McLaren having to compromise a lot.. while they were 4th team at the end of last year.. just reliability issues held them back and it was clear Honda would sooner or later fix these performance and reliability issues. McLaren should had focused on long-term gain, after investing 3 years in this PU.. To prevent current management from messing up even more, changes need to be made. Jost Capito would never had let McLaren fall down this far.. Ojjeh screwed up big time firing him and Ron.
Ron Dennis is one the reasons why McLaren has become a shadow of the team it once was.

PhillipM

Singabule wrote:
Emm, technically it is Just evolution of MCL 32, Except the engine and nose, and rear suspension
And packaging, engine cover, sidepods, cooling systems, floor....