2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

#FireBoullier

Then McL should buy FI, swap their engine contracts, and do the listed parts deal after combing both teams chassis data, and moving the FI design team to McL to bolster their talent pool.

I know it's am extreme thought, but McL seems to be suffering more from developing solo, in a vacuum than anything else. The teams that have "arrangements" with other teams seem to be the ones ahead.
Last edited by Zynerji on 23 Jun 2018, 17:59, edited 1 time in total.

dren

Mclaren doesn't need to infect that great team with its toxicity.
Honda!

Zynerji

dren wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 17:57
Mclaren doesn't need to infect that great team with its toxicity.
I'm saying to remove the toxicity. Bob Fernley to McLaren might do wonders for their workforce all on it's own.

Singabule

Zynerji wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 17:45
#FireBoullier

Then McL should buy FI, swap their engine contracts, and do the listed parts deal after combing both teams chassis data, and moving the FI design team to McL to bolster their talent pool.

I know it's am extreme thought, but McL seems to be suffering more from developing solo, in a vacuum than anything else. The teams that have "arrangements" with other teams seem to be the ones ahead.
Nope, with its toxicity even if they would purchase sauber for Ferrari PU, sauber would close the security gate to mitigate the spread of illness

radosav

What to espect from car that hasnt had any major upgrade if we don't count new nose?

BrunoH

unfortunatly my fear of not even making Q2 came true.

im lost for words....

radosav

So Albert Fabrega says wind tunel - track corelation issue source of McLaren trouble.

Zynerji

radosav wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 19:25
So Albert Fabrega says wind tunel - track corelation issue source of McLaren trouble.
More like a mismatch in correlation between track performance and EB's ever running mouth... #-o

PinkFloydPulse

That makes no sense, every single time they brought a new upgrade they said the numbers from the tunnel and on track are ok... Really strange...
Team Fernando!

Zynerji

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 19:34
That makes no sense, every single time they brought a new upgrade they said the numbers from the tunnel and on track are ok... Really strange...
Just excuses at this point.

Fulcrum

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 16:20
Oh my...Can it get worse than this? #-o
Of course it can. Have your heard of Williams?

McMika98

So it turns out it was correlation issue and not really chassis related but then they decided to throw the chassis guy under the bus.

Fulcrum

Seems like their correlation problems extend into the domain of scapegoats too then.

RonDennis

You remember the time when you guys told me I was dead wrong? They went backwards instead of forwards.

RonDennis wrote:
11 May 2018, 03:27
PhillipM wrote:
11 May 2018, 03:23
Their pace hasn't been terrible though, it's been pretty damned good for an interim car with a rushed engine swap, race pace is top of the midfield.
I haven't heard anyone at the factories even mutter anything about correlation issues.

The nose was delayed because it failed crash tests, so they had to go through iterations + respective lead times. Which is why they only bolted an interim part of the new turning vanes on whilst they waited for it.
We're talking about a team that had the "best chassis" in 2017 and has a race winning engine now, while they haven't entered Q3 once and are fighting with teams like Haas, Force India and Toro Rosso.

When did it fail the crash test?

In fact, this new update should have arrived at the third race of the year, in China, but it has been delayed because it had to be revised, since the track data did not correspond to what the wind tunnel predicted.
http://www.marca.com/motor/formula1/gp- ... b45e8.html
Last edited by RonDennis on 23 Jun 2018, 21:01, edited 1 time in total.

ALO_Power

Schuttelberg wrote:
23 Jun 2018, 17:45
Never been a McLaren fan ever, but as someone who admires and respects them this is getting painful to watch. All that Honda bashing for 3 years and all that 'we have the best chassis' talk. I'm sorry but McLaren deserves to be spoken about in a higher degree even in tumultuous times and the current set up have made it a joke it should never have come close to being.
Yes mate, we all see that but it's just annoying when people do what u do, coming in this topic when they never post (and being fans and active of another team) after a disaster to enjoy themselves.

Anyway, as for the massive performance drop, is it possible those internal guys that humiliated McLaren in the media and told that they wanna go on strike, started to actually do this and "sabotage" the team to wake em up? I wouldn't be surprised. It's just super weird to drop soooooooo much after the 1st 7 races. Qualifying never was there for sure but still. Also, reliability problems out of the blue started to knock the door while McLaren was the team with zero retirements at the start of the season. Weird, weird. I'm not backing em up in any way, just considered what those employees told.