General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
techman

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Hypocrite. You've already been called out several times on the broken crystal ball you've been using. You'll be going on ignore too.
i called it right. the mclaren is a bad car before , now just got exposed, i predicted it. no matter what engine is in that mclaren will struggle for few years. if there was no alonso, mclaren will be another williams. redbull will never sign with honda , if they thought they cant win with honda. Your probably hurt because next year redbull will win some races and also get some podiums. while renault and that mclaren will struggle.

Singabule

McG wrote:
30 Jun 2018, 22:52
HPD wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 18:27
McG wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 16:26
No. Honda fans are relying on faith as Honda have not shown any signs of being able to compete with the best in F1. It's ok, that's part of supporting and being a fan, but it's wrong to call it logic or that I'm illogical for not beleiving the same as other people do.
Excuse me. What "signs" do you speak?
You want to see a TR Honda winning races, to be able to say "Honda can fight" (?
Really, do you understand formula 1? :lol: @rogazilla I explain it well
The signs I speak of are WORST ENGNE IN F1.

Yes wins means you can fight so that's what I'll be waiting to see. You can keep thinking that a few decent performances means in the future they will be fighting.

And yes I understand F1, probably maybe more than you, maybe less, so less of the attemps at condescending.

tcooper27 wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 18:45
McG wrote:
No. Honda fans are relying on faith as Honda have not shown any signs of being able to compete with the best in F1. It's ok, that's part of supporting and being a fan, but it's wrong to call it logic or that I'm illogical for not beleiving the same as other people do.
Can you quit trolling? Honda scored several 5th/6th/7th place finishes in 2016 and have been steadily improving since introducing their new engine in 2017. They've had a 4th place finish already this year. There's only so much they can do to prove they're able to compete with the best without being in one of the top cars.
I could quit if I was. Enough finger pointing. Someone trying to call someone else a troll is worse than the troll. If you really think I'm a troll then why even reply. Don't feed the trolls, or are you new to the internet.

As for your reliance on the finishing positions you mentioned, you can also mention the failures and penalties. Yes there is only so much they can do, but they never have done it well compared to the other 3 engines in F1.
Singabule wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 06:25
HPD wrote:
28 Jun 2018, 18:27

Excuse me. What "signs" do you speak?
You want to see a TR Honda winning races, to be able to say "Honda can fight" (?
Really, do you understand formula 1? :lol: @rogazilla I explain it well
Pfftt.. :lol: #-o One of the best word from HPD ever
You're easily impressed or the rest of HPD's posts are LOTR memes.

techman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 08:48
@McG. well next year is coming soon. just wait and watch. the current toro rosso isnt a top car with its rookie drivers. wait and see what a redbull honda can do , without jumping the gun.
Hypocrite. You've already been called out several times on the broken crystal ball you've been using. You'll be going on ignore too.

Talisman wrote:
29 Jun 2018, 14:09
McG wrote:

You seem obsessed with talking about Honda fans rather than the engine or the sport.

I’m not particularly interested in Honda fans as they didn’t decide whether red bull switched from Renault. Red Bull did. What do you think they based their decision on? Faith?
And my focus is valid because sometimes this forum is pure nonsense for pages and pages. And just to back that up, look how many quotes I got from 1 message. Honda fans have an unshakable delusion that, despite no evidence, they are doing well at any given point of time in F1.

I already said that it was Red Bull's only choice, that Red Bull Renault was finished a long time ago.
Give up already and back to your MCL nest. Honda still number 4 but its MCL chasis so suck that now slower than STR

TakataDomeNSX

McG: I have nothing against Mclaren except for bigging themselves up constantly after the split and then failing to match RB as they claimed they would, or to deliver the performance with every update even though they promised to be near the top each time. I dont even blame them for the split because it looked like the right decision at the time.

What I do have something against is Mclaren fans who spend their time still bashing Honda when STR Honda is at least from the very surface of it outperforming Mclaren Renault at this stage, and perhaps that is really down to better communication and flexibility between partners. Perhaps the car is better than Mclaren, perhaps the Honda still isn't par with Renault. Or maybe it is already ahead? One way or another FANS DO NOT KNOW. What we do know is Alonso is already on his last turbo and Renault failures are all around as well. It's folly to say Renault is FAR more reliable than Honda because it isnt.

Focus on your own underperformance and don't ruin things for the rest of us. Mclaren fans can keep saying its a better year for the points situation, but you know what? That;s temporary and you have fallen further and further behind now and NOT scoring points anymore. So, get it straight, Mclaren is not doing better without Honda at this stage is it? It's performing admirably at about the same level it did last year. So, if you need more from me I'm happy to continue but I advise against feuding in a forum.

ispano6

McLaren again ruining it for Honda by having Vandoorne cripple Gasly. Fuel the fire for Red Bull Honda even more.

Marti_EF3

ispano6 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:25
McLaren again ruining it for Honda by having Vandoorne cripple Gasly. Fuel the fire for Red Bull Honda even more.
That's a race incident on the 1st turn at the start... It's what happen when you are at the middle of the pack. Today was a Mclaren, and tomorrow can be a Sauber...

GhostF1

Marti_EF3 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:31
ispano6 wrote:
01 Jul 2018, 17:25
That's a race incident on the 1st turn at the start... It's what happen when you are at the middle of the pack. Today was a Mclaren, and tomorrow can be a Sauber...
A race incident caused by poor judgement and a refusal to allow the cars in front past without causing terminal damage. Watch the replay, the move was a bad one by Vandoorne, ruined the race for both.

Juzh

Engine performance vs mercedes. As you can see Honda is still quite some way off merc's 2.1 PU. 10 kph difference at the line at sub 300 kph speeds would mean at least 40 bhp deficit.

TakataDomeNSX

Qualy means party mode, which we know Mercedes has a crazy strong one. Hondas maybe only just started this year.

techman

most of it is down to chassis. the toro rosso chassis is not even close mercedes neither it is efficient. a good example wll be williams? thats right williams mercedes even slower than toro rosso.

techman

The funny thing is gasly with old aero and old spec had a better top speed than his qualy time in friday practice i believe it was 320kph in the straight and much faster than hartly who was running the new aero with new spec2. goes to show something is not right with the new aero expecially the new front wing. they need to test both specs properly without just putting it in the car and thinking it will go faster.
Last edited by techman on 04 Jul 2018, 14:37, edited 3 times in total.

ispano6

Regardless if the move was unintentional or that Vandoorne and Gasly get along offtrack, it doesn't change the fact Honda fans feel the team they're rooting for are getting short changed and missing out on points due to "racing incidents". It only looks like an incident when looked between individual drivers but when the faster driver/car in points contention is eliminated two weekends in a row you start to wonder if teams sometimes employ such strategies. Dirty racing is not new and in the midfield a handful of points makes/breaks millions in prize money. Toro Rosso knows all too well of this.

Juzh

techman wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 14:03
most of it is down to chassis. the toro rosso chassis is not even close mercedes neither it is efficient. a good example wll be williams? thats right williams mercedes even slower than toro rosso.
Force india had nearly identical speed on the straight as mercedes (1-2 kph down).
techman wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 14:09
The funny thing is gasly with old aero and old spec had a better top speed than his qualy time in friday practice i believe it was 320kph in the straight and much faster than hartly who was running the new aero with new spec2. goes to show something is not right with the new aero expecially the new front wing. they need to test both specs properly without just putting it in the car and thinking it will go faster.
You can't compare quali to FP. There's a high chance a car would get some kind of slipstream at some point durring practice, but not during qualifying.

McMika98

Juzh wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 22:20

Force india had nearly identical speed on the straight as mercedes (1-2 kph down).

You can't compare quali to FP. There's a high chance a car would get some kind of slipstream at some point durring practice, but not during qualifying.
Ok stop this hypothetical gibberish. Why not take Mclaren as an example, so the renault engine is now 60 hp less? Top speed means nothing, lets compare the lap times cause thats what it is all about. Toro Rosso did similar lap times to Force India so where do you think they have the edge cause it aint the compromised chassis which was way behind FI last year.

Juzh

McMika98 wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 22:49
Juzh wrote:
04 Jul 2018, 22:20

Ok stop this hypothetical gibberish. Why not take Mclaren as an example, so the renault engine is now 60 hp less? Top speed means nothing, lets compare the lap times cause thats what it is all about. Toro Rosso did similar lap times to Force India so where do you think they have the edge cause it aint the compromised chassis which was way behind FI last year.
If what I've said is gibberish for you than there's nothing to discuss here :)

McMika98

Every hp figures banded around is gibberish and thats that. So no point to discuss rightly.