2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
rogazilla

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Not an excuse for Harley being slow. Just want to bring up that since Gasly is running old PU. That means he is focus on setup and tire works. We know Honda uses Friday practice one to map PU and that means the mapping work is done on Harley’s Car. Make sense they took penalty and added a new one to his pool as they just use him run around and program mapping’s.

Big Tea

McMika98 wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 17:12
He is learning tracks as he goes along so dont think he will have anything effective to feedback. If anything he and his race engineers have been clueless on setup direction so far, they have never extracted max from any setup.
Looking at his cv I would think he has raced at Silverstone dozens if not hundreds of times.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

techman

Looking at his cv I would think he has raced at Silverstone dozens if not hundreds of times.
personally there are so many driver who raced in silverstone but are very slow. ericsson is one. palmer. and the list goes on. in qualy tommorow expect hartly to be out in Q1 and gasly to be over 0.5 sec faster

Big Tea

techman wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 18:30
personally there are so many driver who raced in silverstone but are very slow. ericsson is one. palmer. and the list goes on. in qualy tommorow expect hartly to be out in Q1 and gasly to be over 0.5 sec faster
What I mean is he is unlikely to get any better with more running. It is not a new track to him he would have pounded around here in at least 4 different types of car
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

loner

Noetiepoerker26 wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 17:22
loner wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 17:13
according to Fabrega the Honda PU is lighter and smaller than the Renault which is something Newey like.. i wonder why STR don't shrink the engine cover area and the sides as well ?!!
Cooling?
indeed but the point is RBR already slimmer with the bigger Renault PU .. at least be as slim as RBR .. if cooling would be an issue Newey wouldn't like it which is not the case according to Fabrega...
para bellum.

Alonso Fan

loner wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 19:51
Noetiepoerker26 wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 17:22
loner wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 17:13
according to Fabrega the Honda PU is lighter and smaller than the Renault which is something Newey like.. i wonder why STR don't shrink the engine cover area and the sides as well ?!!
Cooling?
indeed but the point is RBR already slimmer with the bigger Renault PU .. at least be as slim as RBR .. if cooling would be an issue Newey wouldn't like it which is not the case according to Fabrega...
The Mclaren last year was as slim as the RBR but you didn't see the benefits of it then :mrgreen:
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

GhostF1

The 2019 STR14 will be tighter, almost guaranteed. James Key said there were quite a few compromises when integrating the Honda unit and the overall cooling package was one of them. And not to mention it is probably intentionally left a little open to ensure PU stability in the development phase.

What the two new Red Bull teams look like next year will be interesting. Whether RBR go relatively radical to make a big statement, now they have Honda will be interesting and Key is excited for the 2019 Toro Rosso to hit the track. How a fully integrated, reliable Honda car looks and run is certainly an exciting prospect.

techman

given that honda did say that they will start early for next year engine development, is very good news. i hope both redbull and honda start early because mer and ferrari might keep more developments in this years car, so time is right to start early

Alonso Fan

loner wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 01:55
Alonso Fan wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 23:32
The Mclaren last year was as slim as the RBR but you didn't see the benefits of it then :mrgreen:
i saw it early this year
http://oi64.tinypic.com/210aq1c.jpg
You're not making sense. What does a mclaren rear jack man have to do with Toro Rosso or Honda or with what I said? Respond with a counter argument rather than making a fool of yourself

You want slimmer packaging. We saw what slimmer packaging did to the PU last year. Be careful what you wish for. RBR will push the boundaries next year
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

techman

i believe the air box ahead in redbull is bigger than those of mclaren. both toro rosso and redbull have bigger split airbox. to add more cooling. didnt mclaren suffer from heat pockets before. i believe redbull honda will be ok next year

makecry

techman wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 01:36
given that honda did say that they will start early for next year engine development, is very good news. i hope both redbull and honda start early because mer and ferrari might keep more developments in this years car, so time is right to start early

How is it a good news? Next year's PU is supposed to be a continuation of this year's PU. Why would they start early for next year's engine if they are not going to change the concept? Any work done this year will be carried over anyway. So unless they are going to abandon the current concept, I don't see the reason to shift focus to next year.

McMika98

The rear is now one of the slimest rears only behind Red Bull and few others. Macca have same engine as RedBull and has a huge back maybe thats why they are slow.

Ground Effect

Oh dear... They may have to revert to pre Austria configuration.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro ... e-1057009/
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Alonso Fan

loner wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 12:08
Alonso Fan wrote:
07 Jul 2018, 03:20

You're not making sense. What does a mclaren rear jack man have to do with Toro Rosso or Honda or with what I said? Respond with a counter argument rather than making a fool of yourself
you are the only clown i can see .. your idiot beloved icon never ending talking nonsense and like a deaf ignorant you believe whatever THE MIGHTY ALO say Honda is bad so be it chassis is great so be it , mclaren can forget about midfield so be it .. mclaren will challenge RBR so be it :lol: :lol:

no i couldn't see the benefits because mclaren are clueless GOOD RIDDANCE :D :D
Never thought you'd stoop so low, resorting to name calling and personal insults. For the record I have criticised Alonso many times.

I'll give you one more chance to prove your integrity. Come up with a counter argument and have a proper discussion like and adult. What is to say that when Toro Rosso and red bull push the boundaries of packaging, that there won't be more reliability issues?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Ground Effect

Thank God Brendon is OK... That was scary...
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.