2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

It amazes me how outsiders think Alonso is so good, but when the top 3 teams have possible openings for next year, and he isn't even in the conversation...🀣🀣🀣

zoroastar

Zynerji wrote: ↑
09 Jul 2018, 05:09
It amazes me how outsiders think Alonso is so good, but when the top 3 teams have possible openings for next year, and he isn't even in the conversation...🀣🀣🀣
it amazes me when some people cant have enough depth to realize that the reasons behind him not being picked up by a top team have nothing to do with how "good" he is. nobody in any top team would ever say that alonso is not good enough. if thats what you are standing on to prove something then you should be careful of thin ice.

GrayGreat

When Rosberg left, Alonso was on Toto's list for the potential replacement of Rosberg. Toto said, 'Alonso is a BEAST'. Yes. Those are Toto's words. But Alonso wasn't chosen because Alonso and Lewis in the same team might not work very good. That's why he wasn't chosen. Your statement just shows how misinformed you are.

Zynerji

zoroastar wrote: ↑
09 Jul 2018, 06:30
it amazes me when some people cant have enough depth to realize that the reasons behind him not being picked up by a top team have nothing to do with how "good" he is. nobody in any top team would ever say that alonso is not good enough. if thats what you are standing on to prove something then you should be careful of thin ice.
Why am I on thin ice? His choices and behaviors have cost his talent numerous titles, not me.

No one but back markers want him. Period.

Zynerji

GrayGreat wrote: ↑
09 Jul 2018, 07:33
When Rosberg left, Alonso was on Toto's list for the potential replacement of Rosberg. Toto said, 'Alonso is a BEAST'. Yes. Those are Toto's words. But Alonso wasn't chosen because Alonso and Lewis in the same team might not work very good. That's why he wasn't chosen. Your statement just shows how misinformed you are.
Lip service doesn't impress me.

Alonso is the talent that no one will allow to ruin their team. Or they would move mountains to sign him.

The proof is in action, not PC media talk.

GrayGreat

09 Jul 2018, 07:37

Alonso is the talent that no one will allow to ruin their team. Or they would move mountains to sign him.

How does he do that? You seem to know something that rest of the forum doesn't. Please enlighten us.

Zynerji

09 Jul 2018, 07:41

How does he do that? You seem to know something that rest of the forum doesn't. Please enlighten us.
Given that he is THE top talent in the sport, none of the top 3 teams will sign him, and they have had plenty of opportunity.

Why do I have to prove anything?

No one wants him.

Ground Effect

RonDennis wrote: ↑
09 Jul 2018, 00:00
Ground Effect wrote: ↑
08 Jul 2018, 22:28
The_table wrote: ↑
08 Jul 2018, 21:32
IS anyone denying Fred has had new parts before Stoffel these last couple of seasons?

Again, i like Alonso (He's 100% my favorite driver), but something smells...
As far as we know, there haven't been updates in a couple of races. They both had new front wings in Austria, which got damaged during FP's and qualifying. I think the cars are the same, at least they have been for a while.
According to Alonso they haven't raced any new parts the last three GP's. They did test various new parts, but those weren't raceable. I sometimes also hear people talking about Alonso not being motivated, but just look at this interview. It doesn't look like a guy that's done with F1.

https://youtu.be/sQKGmcismLI
He sure as heck doesn't drive like a guy who isn't motivated.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen:Β I can only drive one car, obviously.Β 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

GrayGreat

09 Jul 2018, 07:45

Given that he is THE top talent in the sport, none of the top 3 teams will sign him, and they have had plenty of opportunity.

No one wants him.
Not running from your statement are you? I asked you about the part in bold. Not the teams' feelings about Alonso.

Zynerji

09 Jul 2018, 07:55

No one wants him.
Not running from your statement are you? I asked you about the part in bold. Not the teams' feelings about Alonso.
You said yourself that Merc looked at him, but passed because they had Hamilton. That's not Hamilton's fault.

It's Alonso's.

Toxic people are toxic.

I build teams for a living, and I have fired the absolute top performer because they bring down everyone else with their attitudes. And the team becomes better when they are gone.

Building a team is like cooking a delicately seasoned soup. The fastest way to ruin it is to add a spice that doesn't mix well with the rest.

Alonso will be remembered by history as a 2x Champion.

Vettel and Hamilton, as contemporaries, will be viewed as the Champions that utterly and systematically dominated him, and relegated him to the mid field.
Last edited by Zynerji on 09 Jul 2018, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.

Ground Effect

No one wants him.
I feel it's a case of not needing him than wanting him. No big team is looking for a lead driver, They're looking for a support driver. Ferrari have Vettel tied down, Lewis we've heard is practically signed up, Red Bull have put their future on Max. We all knew that Mercedes weren't going to sign Fernando while Lewis is there. But before his last contract Toto said if Lewis didn't sign, they'd consider Fernando. I'd rather go by what the people who are directly involved than part time pundits and journalists looking to sell a story. Unfortunately for him, it's not just a case of top seat, it's also a case of lead driver. It's like saying Ricciardo isn't that talented, that's why he can't get a Mercedes or Ferrari move, we all know why.
In a situation where say a driver like Lewis walked away from the sport, Vettel, Max, Ricciardo was signed up, Mercedes would probably take signing him up more seriously.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen:Β I can only drive one car, obviously.Β 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

adrianjordan

Don't forget as well that Mercedes and Ferrari will want someone to carry the team once Lewis and Sebastian leave, Alonso isn't getting any younger and for that reason, is not that driver.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Zynerji

They simply don't want his toxicity.

Every team knows him as quantity, and they choose to pass.

McLaren is the last ledge that Alonso has to stand upon before being dropped into the pages of has-been history, with the blessing of the top teams.

Andres125sx

09 Jul 2018, 07:34
His choices and behaviors have cost his talent numerous titles, not me.
Yes, two titles to be precise, when he was fighting with the driver some people consider best in F1 history, an in his golden era. Alonso managed to beat him even when his car was not as dominant as Mercedes or RBR have been lately

Heck he almost manage to beat Vettel with his dominant RBR! Twice!! :wtf:

This is F1, not athletics, titles and talent are not necessarily proportional. See Villeneuve, father and son for example, do you think the son was faster?.

Now please stop the rant

GrayGreat

09 Jul 2018, 08:15
They simply don't want his toxicity.

Every team knows him as quantity, and they choose to pass.

McLaren is the last ledge that Alonso has to stand upon before being dropped into the pages of has-been history, with the blessing of the top teams.
You don't believe Toto when he said Alonso is a beast because you think that is just lip service, but you want everyone on this forum to believe every word that you say? Stop kidding yourself.

How is Alonso toxic?

And you still haven't answered how Alonso can destroy a team that he goes to. Better back your claims with proof, until then your hatred will be continually reported to the mods, as it does not do any good to this forum.