2018 British Grand Prix, Silverstone, July 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Artur Craft

Re: 2018 British Grand Prix, Silverstone, July 6-8

Juzh wrote:
06 Jul 2018, 12:07
Ricciardo flat trough copse in 7th gear, min speed 290 kmh. Entry speed only 300 though.
It is the new tarmac allowing that to happen. Without it they could not go, as happened last year

LM10

Sevach wrote:
10 Jul 2018, 10:20
On another topic...

No action on Grosjean-Sainz, sometimes i really wonder if who hit who counts...
In this case they didn't car either way.
Grosjean didn't just hit Sainz, but also Magnussen in the first lap. I must have missed it in the race and just saw it in the video with best onboards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxrKZZlAkpc#t=0m30s

Hi hit and clearly put significant damage on his teammate's car. Is there even any difference between that crash and the one from Kimi in regards of how they happened? Both were inside and locked up into the car outside. I'm baffled that neither this nor the crash with Sainz was penalized by the stewards.

Zynerji

Neither were the home favorite, 4x WDC, or in the title hunt.

In the States, we call that "home cookin'".

Vasconia

Sevach wrote:
On another topic...

If both are out of the race the stewards tend to do nothing. #-o

ripper

I'll miss Raikkonen for his radio messages

Kimi: "Let's try to be aggressive - Plan B"
Santi: "We are trying, of course the 10-second penalty is an issue"
Kimi: "Yeah but it's going to be even more if we don't clear?! So I'm not allowed to think anymore - OK!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEH5i4sF_Qc

ds.raikkonen

Was trying to go through the entire discussion but there were simply too many posts!

Excellent race, lots of passes by both (punted) Hamilton and aggressive passes by Kimi (who got a reasonable stop go 10 sec penalty for the incident with HAM). Both the Ferraris were shot from cannons at the start while the Mercs struggled, Vettel simply blasted past HAM while Kimi was blocked by BOT.Some people were suggesting earlier that it is not fair that drivers get a 10 sec stop go penalty! Well, if I am not wrong, it is the highest time penalty that can be handed out to anyone during the race. Kimi did lock up and tried to make the turn and not hit HAM on purpose (ridiculous of Lewis, Toto and co. to suggest foul play). One could also notice everyone simply letting HAM by, there were nt any exciting moves made by him on track though his pace was excellent and benefited from the safety car periods.

Kimi finally woke up this weekend and delivered the goods, hopefully more to follow. While another weekend to forget for BOT who went from hero to zero within a couple of laps in the end, thanks to the strategic error by Mercedes. Can't wait for Hockenheim!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

Manoah2u

LM10 wrote:
11 Jul 2018, 00:36
Sevach wrote:
On another topic...

Grosjean didn't just hit Sainz, but also Magnussen in the first lap. I must have missed it in the race and just saw it in the video with best onboards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxrKZZlAkpc#t=0m30s

Hi hit and clearly put significant damage on his teammate's car. Is there even any difference between that crash and the one from Kimi in regards of how they happened? Both were inside and locked up into the car outside. I'm baffled that neither this nor the crash with Sainz was penalized by the stewards.
grosjean is the biggest buffoon in f1 in ages.
he's all the way back to the first-lap nutcase.

i don't understand why he wasn't penalized either.
he'll get sacked though, hope that comes as enough penalization.

they should have just said on the onboard radio: Grosjean, you're fired.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Gator86

I'm late to the party I know, but did anyone else notice Hamilton weigh in after the race holding a white towel from the table in the podium ready room? Anything come of it?

Juzh

Shrieker

You have fun while you still can. I hope there'll be a payback for this before the final races, if the need arises. Don't cry if(when) it does.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JonoNic

Always find the gap then use it.

Harvester

I've just watched post race press conference. What I found interesting was that Kimi said it was easier to follow Mercedes than Red Bull in corners.

Zynerji

Harvester wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 20:48
I've just watched post race press conference. What I found interesting was that Kimi said it was easier to follow Mercedes than Red Bull in corners.
I posted a question about this earlier that wasn't answered..

Can it be their diffuser design, as it's unique to the grid?

Big Tea

Zynerji wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 20:54
Harvester wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 20:48
I posted a question about this earlier that wasn't answered..

Can it be their diffuser design, as it's unique to the grid?
I saw the post earlier and wondered Kimi considered or noticed if it was because the Red Bull was going around the corner quicker and he had to push more to match?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Zynerji

Possible. Faster cornering would have more effect on front wing losing df I would think...