2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Benii6

Re: Renault V6 Power Unit

lawnmower wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 13:32
2 days ago: "we want you, we can win world championship together"

2 days later: "we will withdraw you"

This guy is a joke.
He's been saying the same thing ever since this became an issue. Renault wants to continue with RB, but they need to make a decision, now. His latest remarks were in response to Horner saying they'll make their decision in Austria, which is unacceptable for Renault.

Ground Effect

lawnmower wrote:

This guy is a joke.
The issue is not that they want them to withdraw, they just need a decision made. Last year's late change with Toro Rosso and Mclaren was about swapping, but this is different. I think we all expect RB to move to Honda, so let them just come out and say.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Big Tea

Ground Effect wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 17:35
lawnmower wrote:

This guy is a joke.
The issue is not that they want them to withdraw, they just need a decision made. Last year's late change with Toro Rosso and Mclaren was about swapping, but this is different. I think we all expect RB to move to Honda, so let them just come out and say.
They need to know how many sets of engines (including spares) they are going to need ready by new year.
Most people can appreciate that. Things take time to produce, and some depend on suppliers who negotiate cost on unit numbers.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Morteza

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u

Completely and fully debunked. Also look at Sky's pre=qually airing.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

gdogg371

Why has there not been more serious talk of Alonso to Renault? That’s a great move for both parties, surely?

Sevach

One off sponsor

Sevach

One off sponsor

bosyber

That red line really looks good on there, wouldn't mind it staying (and with Sainz' car it also reminds of spanish flag; maybe they can do it on Hulk's car such that it looks like the german, ie. a bit wider black band between the red and 'gold').

ME4ME

Let's give some credit where it's due; Hulkenberg again had an outstanding weekend.

Didn't expect a Renault to be best of the rest. Thought that would be Haas - but of course they had a typical Haas™ weekend. Should've known better :)

makecry

ME4ME wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 10:26
Let's give some credit where it's due; Hulkenberg again had an outstanding weekend.

Didn't expect a Renault to be best of the rest. Thought that would be Haas - but of course they had a typical Haas™ weekend. Should've known better :)
FWIW, McLaren were faster in race. Much faster. Alonso closed down a 6 second gap in less than 10 laps before the safety car and If not for Magnussen pushing him off a few times, there was no way Ocon or Hulk would have been able to hold him off.

But yeah, good haul of points for Renault. Solidifies their 4th in WCC even more.

f1316

makecry wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 00:52
ME4ME wrote:

FWIW, McLaren were faster in race. Much faster. Alonso closed down a 6 second gap in less than 10 laps before the safety car and If not for Magnussen pushing him off a few times, there was no way Ocon or Hulk would have been able to hold him off.

But yeah, good haul of points for Renault. Solidifies their 4th in WCC even more.
Wasn’t Hulk on hards?

makecry

f1316 wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 08:25
makecry wrote:
12 Jul 2018, 00:52
ME4ME wrote:

Wasn’t Hulk on hards?

New hards vs Used mediums with a significantly damaged car. No.14 had broken floor and dented sidepod whereas Hulk had an intact car. But that is racing, is it not? Over the race distance, ALO would have been and was faster but it doesn't matter, Hulk finished P6, so that's that.