2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Benii6
3
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Renault V6 Power Unit

Post by Benii6 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:23 pm

lawnmower wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm
2 days ago: "we want you, we can win world championship together"

2 days later: "we will withdraw you"

This guy is a joke.
He's been saying the same thing ever since this became an issue. Renault wants to continue with RB, but they need to make a decision, now. His latest remarks were in response to Horner saying they'll make their decision in Austria, which is unacceptable for Renault.

Ground Effect
17
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

Re: Renault V6 Power Unit

Post by Ground Effect » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm

lawnmower wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm
2 days ago: "we want you, we can win world championship together"

2 days later: "we will withdraw you"

This guy is a joke.
The issue is not that they want them to withdraw, they just need a decision made. Last year's late change with Toro Rosso and Mclaren was about swapping, but this is different. I think we all expect RB to move to Honda, so let them just come out and say.

Big Tea
14
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: Renault V6 Power Unit

Post by Big Tea » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:39 pm

Ground Effect wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm
lawnmower wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:32 pm
2 days ago: "we want you, we can win world championship together"

2 days later: "we will withdraw you"

This guy is a joke.
The issue is not that they want them to withdraw, they just need a decision made. Last year's late change with Toro Rosso and Mclaren was about swapping, but this is different. I think we all expect RB to move to Honda, so let them just come out and say.
They need to know how many sets of engines (including spares) they are going to need ready by new year.
Most people can appreciate that. Things take time to produce, and some depend on suppliers who negotiate cost on unit numbers.

Morteza
954
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by Morteza » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:47 pm

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

GoranF1
199
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by GoranF1 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:09 pm

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Manoah2u
314
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by Manoah2u » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:52 pm

Completely and fully debunked. Also look at Sky's pre=qually airing.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

gdogg371
7
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:19 am

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by gdogg371 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Why has there not been more serious talk of Alonso to Renault? That’s a great move for both parties, surely?

Sevach
676
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by Sevach » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:13 am

One off sponsor

Image

Image

Sevach
676
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by Sevach » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:13 am

One off sponsor

Image

Image

bosyber
18
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by bosyber » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:20 am

That red line really looks good on there, wouldn't mind it staying (and with Sainz' car it also reminds of spanish flag; maybe they can do it on Hulk's car such that it looks like the german, ie. a bit wider black band between the red and 'gold').

ME4ME
127
User avatar
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by ME4ME » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am

Let's give some credit where it's due; Hulkenberg again had an outstanding weekend.

Didn't expect a Renault to be best of the rest. Thought that would be Haas - but of course they had a typical Haas™ weekend. Should've known better :)

makecry
39
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by makecry » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 pm

ME4ME wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am
Let's give some credit where it's due; Hulkenberg again had an outstanding weekend.

Didn't expect a Renault to be best of the rest. Thought that would be Haas - but of course they had a typical Haas™ weekend. Should've known better :)
FWIW, McLaren were faster in race. Much faster. Alonso closed down a 6 second gap in less than 10 laps before the safety car and If not for Magnussen pushing him off a few times, there was no way Ocon or Hulk would have been able to hold him off.

But yeah, good haul of points for Renault. Solidifies their 4th in WCC even more.

f1316
122
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by f1316 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:25 am

makecry wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 pm
ME4ME wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am
Let's give some credit where it's due; Hulkenberg again had an outstanding weekend.

Didn't expect a Renault to be best of the rest. Thought that would be Haas - but of course they had a typical Haas™ weekend. Should've known better :)
FWIW, McLaren were faster in race. Much faster. Alonso closed down a 6 second gap in less than 10 laps before the safety car and If not for Magnussen pushing him off a few times, there was no way Ocon or Hulk would have been able to hold him off.

But yeah, good haul of points for Renault. Solidifies their 4th in WCC even more.
Wasn’t Hulk on hards?

makecry
39
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Re: 2018 Renault Sport F1 Team

Post by makecry » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:31 am

f1316 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:25 am
makecry wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 pm
ME4ME wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:26 am
Let's give some credit where it's due; Hulkenberg again had an outstanding weekend.

Didn't expect a Renault to be best of the rest. Thought that would be Haas - but of course they had a typical Haas™ weekend. Should've known better :)
FWIW, McLaren were faster in race. Much faster. Alonso closed down a 6 second gap in less than 10 laps before the safety car and If not for Magnussen pushing him off a few times, there was no way Ocon or Hulk would have been able to hold him off.

But yeah, good haul of points for Renault. Solidifies their 4th in WCC even more.
Wasn’t Hulk on hards?

New hards vs Used mediums with a significantly damaged car. No.14 had broken floor and dented sidepod whereas Hulk had an intact car. But that is racing, is it not? Over the race distance, ALO would have been and was faster but it doesn't matter, Hulk finished P6, so that's that.