2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
techman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

i reckon the honda engine is on renault level or better because of the smaller package, next year cant come soon enough for me :) pointless blame game. the front wing they brought did not work, they reverted back to the old front wing in silverstone. so its not only a honda problem.

Revs84

techman wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 12:28
i reckon the honda engine is on renault level or better because of the smaller package, next year cant come soon enough for me :) pointless blame game. the front wing they brought did not work, they reverted back to the old front wing in silverstone. so its not only a honda problem.
It's a bit of both. They neither have a top chassis nor a top engine.

Having read several praises from Gasly in the past, there's a probability he's doing this to push Honda to release more updates sooner.

For sure they know things we don't know, but I doubt he'll repeat such comments. We'll have to wait and see.

ray=out

I put my tin-foil hat on and take the comments as a subtle Red Bull group dig at Renault. Max said Renault was costing RBR 1.0 sec at Silverstone and Pierre said Honda was costing TR 0.9 sec, so the Honda is now 0.1 sec faster. :lol:

Revs84

ray=out wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 15:30
I put my tin-foil hat on and take the comments as a subtle Red Bull group dig at Renault. Max said Renault was costing RBR 1.0 sec at Silverstone and Pierre said Honda was costing TR 0.9 sec, so the Honda is now 0.1 sec faster. :lol:
With an assumingly slower chassis :lol:

techman

:lol: ^ haha

techman

my only wish for this season is to get a experience driver in for hartley and mostly likely pascal. experience counts a lot in f1. we saw how many position gas lost from starts and safety car restarts. so really there are issues with driver also.

!Technical

I hope Hartley stays with the team the whole season and has an opportunity to show what he is capable of. We're all cheering for him in this part of the world in addition to our resident Danny Ric!

Big Tea

!Technical wrote:
13 Jul 2018, 18:00
I hope Hartley stays with the team the whole season and has an opportunity to show what he is capable of. We're all cheering for him in this part of the world in addition to our resident Danny Ric!
Thats the problem, he is showing what he is capable of. :evil:

It was unfair to put him in so suddenly, but it is more or less the same for everyone now there is no testing.
I hoped he would come through, but he does not seem to be improving with races.
He has had a lot of bad luck, but much of it due to his own actions.
I am giving up on him now. (But open to,and happy being proven wrong)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

techman

i also support danny ric thatS because he is quick . personnaly i want the best drivers regardless what nationality he is from.so in my opinon , hartley has shown he not ready for f1. it will take a few more years. his race pace simulation are terrible in same machninery to gas. TR really doesnt know the true potential of that car without a quick driver. gas might be just average because hartly is underperforming who knows. thats why it best to put an experience driver to find out in place of hartley.

Ground Effect

Let's see how Toro Rosso perform in Hungary, as Gasly says.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gasl ... e-1059660/
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

cyro_666

Ground Effect wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 13:22

The way they worded the article headline it seems almost like they have an agenda... Oh wait, it's motorsport.com, owned by Zak Brown.

techman

gasly will be crying next year, seeing renault not wining any races, with renault. keep going gasly, its just a few more months before a a proven chassis and TR drivers will show how to be at the top. i alwasys believe one thing, never try two rookie who are still learning these tracks and F1. maybe TR and Honda should ask gasly why he lost positions at start and lost to perez after the safety car restart.

Ground Effect

cyro_666 wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 14:23
Ground Effect wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 13:22

The way they worded the article headline it seems almost like they have an agenda... Oh wait, it's motorsport.com, owned by Zak Brown.
I think it's worded based on the fact that he described the gap between the engines as huge, while they (Toro Rosso) have the better chassis

“In terms of chassis we are still ahead of them but in terms of engine and power unit package that they get from Ferrari they just make a huge difference with that.

“The chassis is good but with the engine we have we lose too much time.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

!Technical

It's probably not as good as he thinks in comparison to the massive strides that Sauber has made in recent months. They understand their chassis very well. From the off, they knew what packaging requirements would be needed because they stuck with Ferrari. They are getting the tyres into the window at every single race. They are managing the tyres very well and have been further up the field compared to TR. It's not just magic from Leclerc. Ericsson has been up there fighting for top 10s as well. I've been very impressed by them so I would not be so quick to say that they have an inferior chassis to TR and that it is all the PU making the difference.

Bill

Honda introduced a quali mode last year in monza,why does the current engine spec 2 does not have one Gasly frustration may stem from that ,they suppose to move forward not trip over themselves. The current spec looks like it was rushed to impress redbull so as to seal a deal