2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
techman

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

didnt gas say they are confused why new aero did not work. they need to sort out the aero first and honda need to bring more developments. look at william two rookies and bad car. showing weakness in the straights also. so if there was no mercedes team , people would be saying mercedes engine is bad looking at william struggles. TR has 2 rookies. it never work.

McMika98

Ok mate. Start your campaign to replace Hartley with JE Vergne, was solid in his TR days and now has a title on a close racing formula. He will give Gasly a good competition. Is he still RedBull driver?

Ground Effect

McMika98 wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 23:14
Ok mate. Start your campaign to replace Hartley with JE Vergne, was solid in his TR days and now has a title on a close racing formula. He will give Gasly a good competition. Is he still RedBull driver?
Last comments from JEV weren't pleasant, I doubt he would want to come back, I don't think he's a Red Bull driver anymore. But Buemi is, but he's with Toyota in WEC, even if he wanted to combine, don't think Toyota or Honda would be keen.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verg ... h-1020114/
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman

mate, i actually did start it a few months ago. sending tweets to toro rosso twitter, asking them to replace Brendon, with some one with experience, so toro rosso can get points with both drivers. and a few week ago i check again, they have blocked me from sending tweets to them :lol:

Revs84

techman wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 03:44
mate, i actually did start it a few months ago. sending tweets to toro rosso twitter, asking them to replace Brendon, with some one with experience, so toro rosso can get points with both drivers. and a few week ago i check again, they have blocked me from sending tweets to them :lol:
I wonder why :lol:

rscsr

McMika98 wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 23:14
I think Dr. Helmut Marko said already that Hartley will drive the rest of the year for them and Gasly will also drive for them next year.
I guess that this also means that Hartley won't be driving for them next year.

techman

honestly i wish they could do the change this year. if a driver is slow. its not possible to score points if not for others retiring like what happen to hartley in Baku point. sauber is close to TR now

Big Tea

techman wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 10:07
honestly i wish they could do the change this year. if a driver is slow. its not possible to score points if not for others retiring like what happen to hartley in Baku point. sauber is close to TR now
As I said though, that depends on what they want from this year. 'The team' is Red Bull, despite what we are being told.
A stand alone STR would want maximum points. The mother ship may want something else. It may be Honda orientated, or it may be Hartley orientated. They may have plans for him that include a stint in F1
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

nzjrs

Big Tea wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 10:54
techman wrote:
As I said though, that depends on what they want from this year. 'The team' is Red Bull, despite what we are being told.
A stand alone STR would want maximum points. The mother ship may want something else. It may be Honda orientated, or it may be Hartley orientated. They may have plans for him that include a stint in F1
techman would fire Red Bull so they can have the freedom to fire Hartley once Audi has fired JeV. this should scare Gasley enough to not be fired because he is suggesting firing Honda. Of course techman has a lot of spare time on his hands now since his twitter snark convinced McLaren to fire Eric who didn't fire Honda earlier enough, and of course have not fired Zac.

Firing, the management style of champions!
Last edited by nzjrs on 16 Jul 2018, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.

Big Tea

nzjrs wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 13:02
Big Tea wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 10:54
techman wrote:

techman would fire Red Bull so they can have the freedom to fire Hartley once Audi has fired JeV. this should scare Gasley enough to not be fired because he is suggesting firing Honda. Of course techman has a lot of spare time on his hands now since he convinced McLaren to fire Eric who didn't fire Honda earlier enough, and of course have not fired Zac.

Firing, the management style of champions!
Its all fire management.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

HPD

They're not going to change Brendon, because Honda is going to use him as a test driver. Read here :!:
I'm sorry for Brendon, but this is better than being fired. (I suppose)

Revs84

Looks like Gasly is softening his tone about Honda.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hond ... r-1060521/

McMika98

As i suspected, they still have not fully exploited Spec 2.0 yet. Maybe Quali mode is still to be unlocked.

gandharva

It's all about closing the gap to Merc/Ferr. If needed they will change every bit of the engine.

RBR wants them to unlock as much performance as possible until the last quarter of this season - or maybe even to the end - and then, when they are OK with the performance numbers, Honda will go all in and try to get it reliable over the winter on their benches and simulators. Brendon, with all his experience, is the perfect development driver for this task. I think Honda will bring another 3-5 new PUs until the end of the season.

Looks like RBR gave Honda green light for "Do whatever the heck you need to get that engine competitive until next year" for at least one car of their junior team. I'm curious if it'll pay off.

Raleigh

I think in the long run STR will still benefit from the Red Bull Honda relationship, they will have a lot of cooperation with Red Bull as RB works to get the engine integrated, they will retain a lot more input into what they want from the engine than in the past as a pure customer, and Honda are making significant progress towards having an engine which can compete with Mercedes/Ferrari which beats the hell out of customer Renault and year-old Ferrari engines.