2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
saviour stivala

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Ringleheim wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 05:57
I still can't figure out if Marchionne is genuinely in serious condition, perhaps on the brink of dying, or if this simply means he lost the power struggle and is out a year or so earlier than planned.

I don't think his shoulder surgery or complications resulting therefrom are the true cause for the change in power right now.

Curious to see how John Elkann does as chairman and Camilleri as CEO at Ferrari.
it was reported that after Surgery his condition had suddenly drastically deuterated.

saviour stivala

MtthsMlw wrote:
08 Jul 2018, 18:40
I feel like Hamilton is exaggerating a bit. I've read on f1analisitecnica.com some speculation that Ferrari was not happy with the Barcelona update, they expected more from it (diffuser performance). Now the recent update was there to fix the Barcelona update and on top of that to unlock even more performance. So you could count the Silverstone update as two updates.
I don't know. This could make sense but it's maybe a bit too simple to put it like that.
the big surprise which makes it hard to extract any sense from the situation is the performance of FERRARI car number 7 at Silverstone using a 5 race old engine and yesterday in qualifying using the same engine but this time 6 race old.

saviour stivala

PhillipM wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 01:30
From all the hints dropped and anger Kimi was showing this weekend it sounds like he's been told he won't be driving again next year, anyone heard anything?
my bet is Kimi will still be in a FERRARI seat next year.

Webber2011

saviour stivala wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 07:46
PhillipM wrote:
09 Jul 2018, 01:30
From all the hints dropped and anger Kimi was showing this weekend it sounds like he's been told he won't be driving again next year, anyone heard anything?
my bet is Kimi will still be in a FERRARI seat next year.
What Championship ?

adrianjordan

Ringleheim wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 05:57
I still can't figure out if Marchionne is genuinely in serious condition, perhaps on the brink of dying, or if this simply means he lost the power struggle and is out a year or so earlier than planned.

I don't think his shoulder surgery or complications resulting therefrom are the true cause for the change in power right now.

Curious to see how John Elkann does as chairman and Camilleri as CEO at Ferrari.
Common post surgical complications can include strokes, heart attacks, embolisms elsewhere (lungs etc) and sepsis. Any one of those could result in him not being able to return to work.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

MtthsMlw

Italian newspapers are reporting that he's in a deep coma.

JonoNic

MtthsMlw wrote:Italian newspapers are reporting that he's in a deep coma.
Induced maybe?
Always find the gap then use it.

Big Tea

JonoNic wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 18:13
Induced maybe?
Cut the guy some slack, send him our best what ever. Get through it Sergio, we are with you. (staff please pass it on)
F1 is worse off without you.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

MtthsMlw

JonoNic wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 18:13
Induced maybe?
I don't know. These reports are all very vague and somewhat speculative.

subcritical71

It's obviously very serious as boards can usually wait around for less serious complications. But they will need to take action before the worst if its serious otherwise the markets will devour them.

Its all about transparency today in the markets and if a company gets caught with the appearance of hiding something it gets bad quickly (even if there is not legal requirements to disclose).

I would guess we'll know more this week since they have already initiated change.

ripper

Italian Corriere says he's in irreversible conditions. So he will not be able to come back from his actual condition (coma I suppose)

JonoNic

If that's the case then it's a bad day for F1 as a whole, nevermind Ferrari
Always find the gap then use it.

SchuMassa

Affaritaliani.it were the first to sniff that all was not well with the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles when they reported: “Instead of a simple shoulder operation, it was more complex and required complex clinical procedure. An invasive disease emanating from the prostate had already spread in a devastating manner, but only discovered a short time ago.”

“An evil that could require further medical investigations and more complex surgical interventions. From here the Marchionne family have drastic decisions to make.”

Lettera43 editor Paolo Madron wrote on Twitter: “Things that you would never want to say, but unfortunately the duty of news requires us to do so: Marchionne is in a deep coma.”
(source)

Devastating news. :(
Last edited by SchuMassa on 22 Jul 2018, 22:33, edited 3 times in total.

Manoah2u

SchuMassa wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 22:19
Affaritaliani.it were the first to sniff that all was not well with the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles when they reported: “Instead of a simple shoulder operation, it was more complex and required complex clinical procedure. An invasive disease emanating from the prostate had already spread in a devastating manner, but only discovered a short time ago.”

“An evil that could require further medical investigations and more complex surgical interventions. From here the Marchionne family have drastic decisions to make.”

Lettera43 editor Paolo Madron wrote on Twitter: “Things that you would never want to say, but unfortunately the duty of news requires us to do so: Marchionne is in a deep coma.”
(source)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:o :o :o :o :o
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

:(

that is really really sad, wow!
so i may assume correctly he has been diagnosed with cancer, i don't know how that turns into a shoulder surgery except for when there's an issiue where it has spread to the glands.

depending on the complications, a coma is not impossible indeed depending on how the body reacts. this is indeed very sad. no matter who, this is horrible.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

SchuMassa wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 22:19

(source)

Devastating news. :(
Terrible news, he was doing a fine job in Ferrari. I pray for him and his family. Very though moments. :(