2018 German Grand Prix - Hockenheimring, July 20-22

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
siskue2005

Re: 2018 German Grand Prix - Hockenheimring, July 20-22

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 12:25
Mods... Can we do a cleanup on isle "2018 German Grand Prix - Hockenheimring, July 20-22"...
👍👍

TAG

Andres125sx wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 09:12
Reading this discussion between Vettel and Hamilton fans about who´s the better driver under the rain and who make more mistakes under pressure, my conclusion is the next: The best driver is, by far, Alonso :twisted:

Contrary to both Lewis and Seb, he´s never cracked under pressure, and consistency wise, he´s light years ahead of any of the other two.

Some people may think I´m just provoking, but it´s my sincere conclusion, I´ve considered these three the best of the grid for quite some seasons, with no real evidences about who was the best of the three. I did consider Lewis the fastest, Alonso the most consistent, and Vettel something in between.

But sincerely, both Seb and Lewis make too many mistakes. I have a bitter feeling Alonso would win the title with any of the Ferrari or Mercedes cars, easily. Both are failing too much to beat Alonso´s rock solid consistency
Alonso is a great driver, he does have a horrible sense of timing though, managing to burn bridges, leaving nothing but the husks of teams behind. He is a great driver though.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Bill_Kar

30 degrees - air
50 degrees - track

Somewhat hotter than FP1.

Bill_Kar

Damn, that Ferrari can turn.

Just_a_fan

Are you commenting on Hungary practice? You do know that this is the German thread, yes... :wink: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Bill_Kar

Just_a_fan wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 15:37
Are you commenting on Hungary practice? You do know that this is the German thread, yes... :wink: :lol:
Hahaha, I feel so stupid right now =D>

Andres125sx

siskue2005 wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 11:50
Andres125sx wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 11:42
siskue2005 wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 10:26

Yes Alonso is expectional at everything else, I agree....but he is not good in rain.... I can give u example were he crashed while leading in rain....but u already know it.
That cost him the championship by 1 point that season..... well carry on with long term memory loss😅
Alonso not good in the rain? Maybe not mind-blowing under the rain, but still above F1 average IMHO

What example about crashing under the rain while leading? Fair question, can't remind any but my memory is too weak to be sure
Fuji race 2007
I´ve found a site to take a look at the race, if you can cope with the advertising you can watch the full race here, and sincerely, you can´t be serious :P

1- He was not leading the race, but fighting for the lead wich is completely different, he was forced to take risks. Lewis was leading the race from pole
2- His car was damaged (in front of the rear right tire) after a contact with Vettel (STR), on his own words the car felt weid with some oversteering but also understeering at the exit of the corners
3- Not raining? It was a wet race with poor visibility and loads of water from start to finsih. He crashed due to aquaplanning (his words). Both Lewis and Alonso made several mistakes during the race due to the difficult conditions

Video of the crash

Sorry but I don´t think that´s a good example to claim Alonso is not good in the rain :)

Shrieker

So I don't know if it had been shared or not, but I've stumbled upon this little gem. I wanted to watch the race from Hamilton's on board, looked for it at the time but couldn't find anything. This comes close, and you get to watch all the rest of the action, all of which is on board of course :)
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Just_a_fan

Some interesting things in that video, thanks for sharing. Interested to see the different lines used - Hamilton's onboards show him much wider in slower corners even in the dry. Looks odd but maybe that was part of looking after the tyres. Also, the change of upshift settings when it rained. Presumably the teams all have softer gear changes in the wet to help the rear tyres. Kimi's radio still makes me laugh - Hamilton's makes me cringe (the pit entry mess up and his "love conquers all").
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Yeah I noticed how often Lewis either run deep or chose the wider line in T2 on most of those laps , even though each time it was obviously going to be an overtake as its only highlights, each time I'm still watching it thinking "ahhh too deep Lewis, You've screwed up your entry to T3 now!" lol

Also, what happened to Seb at the pit exit ? he missed the pit lane speed limiter button ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC