2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PinkFloydPulse

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

GerryTT wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:59
Is it possible to switch to a Honda engine in 3 weeks time? Seriously.
The relationship with Renault is dead. They both agree to stop the contract as of right now.
RBR is already working on the 2019 car so the Honda engine is already implanted in a chassis. And the season is already a almost safe 3rd place so just put in the Honda engine and get twice the data for next year's engine. If it was my decision I would ask the engineers to give up their vacation and do it. Nothing to loose and all the more to win.
Good thing it isn't up to you to decide... :) Clearly no idea how F1 works...
Team Fernando!

apexcontrol

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 19:21
GerryTT wrote:
The relationship with Renault is dead. They both agree to stop the contract as of right now.
RBR is already working on the 2019 car so the Honda engine is already implanted in a chassis. And the season is already a almost safe 3rd place so just put in the Honda engine and get twice the data for next year's engine. If it was my decision I would ask the engineers to give up their vacation and do it. Nothing to loose and all the more to win.
cleary he does not say anything, he is only asking if it would be possible, so what youre saying is just bullshit, and this site could be with out that......

Big Tea

apexcontrol wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 19:27
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
GerryTT wrote:
cleary he does not say anything, he is only asking if it would be possible, so what youre saying is just bullshit, and this site could be with out that......
Under normal conditions I would say no, not possible even if desirable. However, depending on how similar the STR is, it may be doable. If Red Bull have given up on the title chase it may be worth them looking at it and using the coming races to prepare for next year?

Then there is all the sponsorship contracts to sort out :mrgreen:

I can not see it happening, most of all because they will need to plan to do it with no out of season testing.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Dr. Acula

GerryTT wrote:
That's not possible for a number of reasons.
Although the FIA has standardized the mounting points for F1 engines, it doesn't mean an engine from a different manufacturer would fit into the chassis at all. You would need different plumbing, different wiring, different gearbox and so on which basically means a team would probably need a new chassis which also means new crash tests. The design phase alone would probably take longer than 3 weeks.
Add to this all the paperwork with the FIA because the designation of the team would change, they would breake the contract with Renault and so on and so on.

GerryTT

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
GerryTT wrote:
No, I don't.
Is there a rule against it?
A contract can be broken if both parties agree.

Off course it can't be done in three weeks but if they started thinking about it when the first engines started breaking.....

Maybe horner, Marko and max should stop whining at Renault.
Accept it or try doing something about it.

GerryTT

Dr. Acula wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 19:56
GerryTT wrote:
Although the FIA has standardized the mounting points for F1 engines, it doesn't mean an engine from a different manufacturer would fit into the chassis at all. You would need different plumbing, different wiring, different gearbox and so on which basically means a team would probably need a new chassis which also means new crash tests. The design phase alone would probably take longer than 3 weeks.
Add to this all the paperwork with the FIA because the designation of the team would change, they would breake the contract with Renault and so on and so on.
Clear.
Then RBR has to accept the situation there currently in and start focusing on the 2019 car?
This is a strange situation, having to live with your ex and sleeping with your new girlfriend.

PinkFloydPulse

apexcontrol wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 19:27
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
GerryTT wrote:
Did he say that if it was his decision he would switch to honda at this momment? He did! Is it possible? No way in hell is it possible, too many technical, sponsorhip and contractual things would needed to be sorted out in an impossibly short time frame to achieve that so NO, I'll say it again for you, it's not possible to switch to Honda right now.

Edit Thunder:Calmed it down a bit.
Team Fernando!

dxpetrov

They should be sued, Renault, by Red Bull. Full stop.

PhillipM

For what? A failing MGU-K when Red Bull decided to stick with the old version themselves?
Yeah, okay.

Ground Effect

But I'd really love to hear what Cyril has to say on this issue,
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

apexcontrol

I dont. Renault the land of false hopes.

Honda cleary made some big mistakes. But they know and acknowledge that
And they have payed alot for it

Renault is getting paid and not delivering and beside the promised alot.

And last year they ran out of partsparts to

Renault not fair they know it

Zynerji

GerryTT wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 20:03
This is a strange situation, having to live with your ex and sleeping with your new girlfriend.
Some of us made an artform out of this in our youth! 8) 8)

apexcontrol

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing / Honda

They must give max or daniel a equal car to vettel and hamiton
So they can be shown for what they realy are

PlatinumZealot

Dr. Acula wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 19:56
GerryTT wrote:
It is possible. Won't be optimized. But it is certainly possible to do this in a couple weeks. Assuming that the engine work is done concurrently with cobtract stuff.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Dr. Acula

dxpetrov wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 21:35
They should be sued, Renault, by Red Bull. Full stop.
For what? These PU's are more or less prototypes and they're as reliable as prototypes are.

Also the constant bickering of RBR about the Renault PU in the media during the last few years certainly didn't help to improve the relationship between RBR and Renault.