2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:03
Ground Effect wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 19:49
I wonder if Renault will poach some of the Red Bull staff in the technical department, aerodynamists etc...
well that would be interesting, i hope not they will need them
I had said a while back that I feel Renault were in no real hurry to make gains on the PU front. I feel they were deliberately "slow" until they felt they were ready as a team to challenge for the title, based on their target. They were satisfied with small incremental progress, but of course that didn't suit Red Bull.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

adrianjordan

PhillipM wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 17:52
So, you think they fitted a new MGU-K and ES to Vandornes car just for fun in Austria then, I assume?
And there I thought that this was the Red Bull thread...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Ground Effect wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:09
apexcontrol wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:03
Ground Effect wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 19:49
I wonder if Renault will poach some of the Red Bull staff in the technical department, aerodynamists etc...
well that would be interesting, i hope not they will need them
I had said a while back that I feel Renault were in no real hurry to make gains on the PU front. I feel they were deliberately "slow" until they felt they were ready as a team to challenge for the title, based on their target. They were satisfied with small incremental progress, but of course that didn't suit Red Bull.
well yeah you dont spend 3x budget of renault for third place, and redbull don't want to pay alot of money for a bad PU

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

This is surely Gasly's chance.
After the experience with Lewis, Alonso will not be in a hurry to pit himself against another young ram like Max.

sAx
sAx

Phil wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 12:10
DarkSurferZA wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 15:45
Wow, all this hate against F1 PU manufacturers is really annoying. Happened to Honda for many seasons, and now Renault just because RBR is on the receiving end of it.
IMO the victimization of poor Renault is more annoying. These PU manufacturers wanted these new highly complex power units. Back during the engine freeze period, it was mostly down to the ability and ingenuity of the teams building the chassis and aerodynamics. Not the engine manufacturer, who was merely contracted to supply the engine to their clients.

.......with the complexity of these engines and the contracts involved, it's not even a free market/competition; RedBull can't get the engine(s) they want, because the manufacturer of choice is a direct competitor and would be therefore at a conflict of interest to supply them.....

And people wonder why a team like RedBull bitches? You would too, if you were in their shoes. :roll:
That's completely at odds with clarification issued in Technical Directive TD/005-18, where each engine must be:

i) Identical according to the dossier for each team.
and, unless a team informs us that they have declined any of the following, they should be:
ii) Run with identical software and must be capable of being operated in precisely the same way.
iii) Run with identical specifications of oil and fuel.
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

McMika98
McMika98

Gasly is too green to get the seat. Might turn into Kyvatt with the pressure. While he has got some good results, some of his decisions have been poor and racing instinct not quite up there.
Maybe they can tempt Kimi to continue his sidekick role on RedBull. That would be best option for RedBull. Maybe Kimi might be more chatty after sipping some RedBull.

Sevach
Sevach

GrandAxe wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:25
This is surely Gasly's chance.
After the experience with Lewis, Alonso will not be in a hurry to pit himself against another young ram like Max.
Alonso has to recognize that the clock is ticking, he won't make it for other reasons(Red Bull prefers their own projects and of course Honda, even worst now that he drives for Toyota on the side), but if he does get the call he can't pass it up because of Max.

Phil

sAx wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 20:39
That's completely at odds with clarification issued in Technical Directive TD/005-18
I wasnt implying the clients don’t get the same engines as their suppliers. I was implying that they couldnt get the ‘best engine’ because the engine suppliers can cherry pick their customers, e.g Redbull that wanted either Ferrari or Mercedes engines but couldnt. And then there is the great big pink elefant in the room, that the suppliers have inherent advantages over their clients by full knowledge of the engines, the [required] packaging, limits and that the engines are designed to cater to their own car before any other considerations are made. A client may get the same engine, but they’ll never have the same intimate knowledge over it. That much should be pretty common-sense.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

For me, the main take away from this whole situation is that Max is way overpaid. He's an amazing driver, no doubt, loads of talent and best years are to come. But I think Red Bull have boxed themselves into a corner with his salary. They won't have the strongest line up, in terms of talent, skill and speed next year, because they couldn't hold on to Ricciardo. At this stage in his career, Max isn't worth the $25M+ he's on. Red Bull obviously panicked when negotiating.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

zeph
zeph

Ground Effect wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 22:15
For me, the main take away from this whole situation is that Max is way overpaid. He's an amazing driver, no doubt, loads of talent and best years are to come. But I think Red Bull have boxed themselves into a corner with his salary. They won't have the strongest line up, in terms of talent, skill and speed next year, because they couldn't hold on to Ricciardo. At this stage in his career, Max isn't worth the $25M+ he's on. Red Bull obviously panicked when negotiating.
Yup, this a loss for them. I wonder if Verstappen is ready to lead the team.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Ground Effect wrote:
You do not see the ppl that come for max to the gp ?
Max is a money maker , there is no other driver on the grid that has the same followers ofcourse he gets more money he makes more money for the team spa/aus gp SOLD OUT due to max

Max is the special one. There is no one else on the grid with this sort of suport
Almost all European races are full of max fans ....

And he is the faster driver.....thats becoming obvious.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

zeph wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 22:26
Ground Effect wrote:
Yup, this a loss for them. I wonder if Verstappen is ready to lead the team.
He is, there are alot of documentary about him his mother and father where sportcar drivers ....belief me he is somthing else.....he does care about anything other the pedel2the metal

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

I think it's a blessing he does not need some next to him. Ric often uses the car setup of max. Max knows how to build a car and will give the right output to the carbuilders

Big Tea

Ground Effect wrote:
If it was another team I would agree with you, but its Red Bull, and look at the orange shirts that attend the GP's and extrapolate this to viewers of TV too. They do not sell cars like Ferrari etc, so their product is aimed at a specific group.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

apexcontrol
apexcontrol

Big Tea wrote:
03 Aug 2018, 23:55
Ground Effect wrote:
If it was another team I would agree with you, but its Red Bull, and look at the orange shirts that attend the GP's and extrapolate this to viewers of TV too. They do not sell cars like Ferrari etc, so their product is aimed at a specific group.
Thats it !!! Money money money