2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
urbanglowcam

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Was half joking about Button. He actually said STR (pre Honda) offered him a role before he retired and he turned it down.

However, he also said he didn't want to race in F1 if he wasn't winning. Chances are much higher he'd win in a RBR than the McLaren Honda he was in. They could use his experience to help with the setup too as they develop the new partnership.

Realistically, I'm expecting Gasly to get the seat, but it's fun to think about different pairings.

Big Tea

urbanglowcam wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 17:00
Was half joking about Button. He actually said STR (pre Honda) offered him a role before he retired and he turned it down.

However, he also said he didn't want to race in F1 if he wasn't winning. Chances are much higher he'd win in a RBR than the McLaren Honda he was in. They could use his experience to help with the setup too as they develop the new partnership.

Realistically, I'm expecting Gasly to get the seat, but it's fun to think about different pairings.
I would like Button to take a team position, even if he does not race. He is getting on a bit now and Iron Man is for the youngsters. Next setback at his age he will find very difficult to recover from, and I hope he considers it
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PhillipM

Button isn't going to jump into another team with Honda unless it's proven it was fast, he's not going to go through a year or two of development to loose the seat to a young 'un when it comes good, he has no interest in going back racing in F1 otherwise now.

senja

McMika98 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 06:58
techman wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 02:47
i hope for pascal weh and norris. two good drivers who can give toro rosso consistent points
Ok stop the madness. Just how many points have these two drivers had in f1? Lame.
If Mercedes cant find Ocon or Russell a drive next year, what option do they have.
How many points Ocon have in Manor?

McMika98

senja wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 21:15
McMika98 wrote:
04 Aug 2018, 06:58

Ok stop the madness. Just how many points have these two drivers had in f1? Lame.
If Mercedes cant find Ocon or Russell a drive next year, what option do they have.
How many points Ocon have in Manor?
Did enough in his short stint to outshine Paacal and get the Force India role. Both were Merc protege and Ocon came late into the scene and took off.

SonOfTheGun

Sasha wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 06:22
Japanese press state Kubica is a option in 2019.He was seen in the Honda Motorhome talking to the Honda boss the last race.
I would love to see RK in TR seat. Definitely he has more energy and pontencial than anybody in F1. And he deserves that!

super cool

Most logical option for STR would be Vandoorne, he is very good of a driver and a great future prospect but unfortunately overshadowed by toxic team clockwork, toxic driving partner and the second worst car on the grid.

That doesn't say much cause STR has shown us cut throat driver's protocol over and over again. All Bourdais, Buemi and Vergne were great prospects that somehow never got the chance to drive for the top team with no apparent reason. Riccardo, Kvyat nor Max are not above and beyond better drivers than those listed above or Sainz.

Zynerji

I liked Vergne. I always felt he got a raw deal at STR.

marmer

super cool wrote:
06 Aug 2018, 18:37
Most logical option for STR would be Vandoorne, he is very good of a driver and a great future prospect but unfortunately overshadowed by toxic team clockwork, toxic driving partner and the second worst car on the grid.

That doesn't say much cause STR has shown us cut throat driver's protocol over and over again. All Bourdais, Buemi and Vergne were great prospects that somehow never got the chance to drive for the top team with no apparent reason. Riccardo, Kvyat nor Max are not above and beyond better drivers than those listed above or Sainz.
Really I don't remember those guys doing anything of note especially bourdais

If anyone of that list should have been give more time it's vergne but even then I don't think he was that quick

Ground Effect

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Sayeman

super cool wrote:

Downvotes have arrived from Mclaren.
Never Give up.

techman

i personally like vandorne come to TR. he is decent driver way better than hartley and has more experience.

!Technical

Vandoorne has more experience than Hartley? How so

etusch

I prefer Hartley to SVD

zoroastar

super cool wrote:

how does "toxic team and toxic teammate" account for him losing 17 straight qualifying sessions? thats a silly remark. f1 is all about performing under pressure. i like Stoffel a lot. hes probably a lot better than his results show, but it has nothing to do with a toxic work environment.