2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
siskue2005

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Morteza wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 20:37
Raikkonen’s radio messages reveal disagreement over rear wing damage
Via racefans.net

Raikkonen: I have a puncture, somebody hit me from the rear.

Team: Copy

Raikkonen: My endplate is also broken, looks like somebody hit me here.

Team: Understood.

Raikkonen: Everything is --- breaking down, with the tyre flap.

Team: SOC [state of charge] 5, Kimi, SOC 5.

Raikkonen: Don’t know how bad the damage is but send me out and we’ll sort it out.

Team: Yeah for sure.

Raikkonen: OK we have the endplate is bending back inside when the speed comes up so how bad was it? Because, it is going to come off very soon or if it was just the end part?

Team: OK [unclear].

Raikkonen: OK I can see from the mirrors it’s hanging.

Team: And slow button on, Kimi, slow button on. OK Kimi so we are checking also on the data and the video, for the moment we say out.

Raikkonen: OK but I can stop and we don’t lose position, you can check it. I come in and you check it better.

Team: No Kimi we don’t need Kimi.

Raikkonen: OK if you can somehow, I don’t know if I have a rearwards camera on my car but you can see what happens when I go, it’s bending completely sideways inwards, inboards, the endplate, when I’m spinning up.

Team: Yep it’s clear we are checking on the pictures.

Team: Basically the structural parts are the pillars so what we are checking are the pillars, the endplate is not structural so we are…

Raikkonen: OK, OK.

Team: So this is the situation Kimi. Where you have the damage is not structural. The structural part looks OK. What… we see that we are losing downforce but we are not concerned about the structural situation of the wing.

Raikkonen: OK, how much are we losing? To give me an idea whether to be careful or not.

Raikkonen: The car doesn’t go straight even on the straight line.

Raikkonen: I have no grip from the tyres. Really struggled to go through Eau Rouge, stay on the circuit.

Raikkonen: I don’t know, did you drop the rear wing or not? I have zero rear.

Raikkonen: Yeah it’s impossible to drive.

Team: If you want we can try to box and we drop the front wing.

Raikkonen: Yeah something I can’t go anywhere like this.

Team: Box Kimi, box.

Raikkonen: Raikkonen pits
You got the tyres also or something that has grip? It’s…

Team: No Kimi, we go, we go. Go, go, go, go, go!

Raikkonen: Raikkonen returns to the track
But my DRS is open on the straight. Even I don’t push it, no wonder I have zero rear end. It’s all the time open.

Team: OK Kimi, we retire. Slow button on. And box, Kimi, box.
how can they miss the DRS stuck at open position.
Pathetic really, it is like they only care about vettels car.
Last edited by siskue2005 on 30 Aug 2018, 13:09, edited 1 time in total.

shamyakovic

siskue2005 wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 07:56
Morteza wrote:
28 Aug 2018, 20:37
Raikkonen’s radio messages reveal disagreement over rear wing damage
Via racefans.net

Raikkonen: I have a puncture, somebody hit me from the rear.

Team: Copy

Raikkonen: My endplate is also broken, looks like somebody hit me here.

Raikkonen: Everything is --- breaking down, with the tyre flap.

Team: SOC [state of charge] 5, Kimi, SOC 5.

Raikkonen: Don’t know how bad the damage is but send me out and we’ll sort it out.

Team: Yeah for sure.

Raikkonen: OK we have the endplate is bending back inside when the speed comes up so how bad was it? Because, it is going to come off very soon or if it was just the end part?

Team: OK [unclear].

Raikkonen: OK I can see from the mirrors it’s hanging.

Team: And slow button on, Kimi, slow button on. OK Kimi so we are checking also on the data and the video, for the moment we say out.

Raikkonen: OK but I can stop and we don’t lose position, you can check it. I come in and you check it better.

Team: No Kimi we don’t need Kimi.

Raikkonen: OK if you can somehow, I don’t know if I have a rearwards camera on my car but you can see what happens when I go, it’s bending completely sideways inwards, inboards, the endplate, when I’m spinning up.

Team: Yep it’s clear we are checking on the pictures.

Team: Basically the structural parts are the pillars so what we are checking are the pillars, the endplate is not structural so we are…

Raikkonen: OK, OK.

Team: So this is the situation Kimi. Where you have the damage is not structural. The structural part looks OK. What… we see that we are losing downforce but we are not concerned about the structural situation of the wing.

Raikkonen: OK, how much are we losing? To give me an idea whether to be careful or not.

Raikkonen: The car doesn’t go straight even on the straight line.

Raikkonen: I have no grip from the tyres. Really struggled to go through Eau Rouge, stay on the circuit.

Raikkonen: I don’t know, did you drop the rear wing or not? I have zero rear.

Raikkonen: Yeah it’s impossible to drive.

Team: If you want we can try to box and we drop the front wing.

Raikkonen: Yeah something I can’t go anywhere like this.

Team: Box Kimi, box.

Raikkonen: Raikkonen pits
You got the tyres also or something that has grip? It’s…

Team: No Kimi, we go, we go. Go, go, go, go, go!

Raikkonen: Raikkonen returns to the track
But my DRS is open on the straight. Even I don’t push it, no wonder I have zero rear end. It’s all the time open.

Team: OK Kimi, we retire. Slow button on. And box, Kimi, box.
how can they miss the DRS stuck at open position.
Pathetic really, it is like they only care his car.
i agree, it is like they just care about the other car

siskue2005

that is what i meant, "they only care about the other car" i dont know how autocorrect changed it

aleks_ader

Indeed. Probably is on Kimmis car just one engineer. :D I bet that funny bloke Carlos Santi (Kimmis race engeneer) seems to be one man band and is too occupied. Hungariag GP and his banter with Kimmi over radio "you will haf no ddrink" was hilarious.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

nacho

It's a shame Raikkonen and his team don't get things together, at the moment it seems he's able to be faster than any time during this 2nd Ferrari career.

F1NAC

Probably it opened during higher speeds. They didn't have footage till he arrived in the pit

DVB

F1NAC wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 21:16
Probably it opened during higher speeds. They didn't have footage till he arrived in the pit
S1 is high speed. They have live footage of the race. I think they just didn't pay attention to the DRS as they wouldn't expect it to go open.
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

siskue2005

F1NAC wrote:
29 Aug 2018, 21:16
They didn't notice in his first pitstop....they just changed his tyres and let him go. And Kimi was insisting to check his rears.

zokipirlo

Have just watched the race again and he didn't had a problem with DRS until became enabled... it was closed the whole time. After that he came in pits again when one mechanic closed rear wing by force and talking over radio something. I guess they know already it's broken, but they still tried one more lap... after that he parked the car. Check the race again and don't talk bull*** like this, they care for Kimi like for Vettel. In Q3 team made mistakes on both cars.

shamyakovic

zokipirlo wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 11:09
Have just watched the race again and he didn't had a problem with DRS until became enabled... it was closed the whole time. After that he came in pits again when one mechanic closed rear wing by force and talking over radio something.
Can u post videos showing it was closed all the time?

I guess they know already it's broken, but they still tried one more lap... after that he parked the car.
if they knew it was already broken why didnot they warn him not to use it, seems really dangerous to leave the car out like that...especially driving a circuit like spa with DRS open.
Check the race again and don't talk bull*** like this,
Please refrain from such attacks and tallk about the race not the poster
they care for Kimi like for Vettel. In Q3 team made mistakes on both cars.
really?? i saw Vettel wheeled in and fueled and changed front wing etc. whereas Kimi was send out with just the tyre change and increased front wing.

siskue2005

zokipirlo wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 11:09
Have just watched the race again and he didn't had a problem with DRS until became enabled... it was closed the whole time. After that he came in pits again when one mechanic closed rear wing by force and talking over radio something. I guess they know already it's broken, but they still tried one more lap... after that he parked the car. Check the race again and don't talk bull*** like this, they care for Kimi like for Vettel.
i am ready to admit i am wrong, if you post pictures or videos.
But please no need to use such language. :roll:
In Q3 team made mistakes on both cars.
that, probably is a joke right?

zokipirlo

Screenshots from TV. After he returned from pitstop in lap 2, everything seems fine until lap 8 when he return in pits and was DRS clearly broken. DRS was enabled in lap 7 when Kimi was behind Bottas or Ricciardo in a DRS zone so I guess that he then used it and it stuck. He wouldn't drive for 5 laps with open DRS, if no one else, FIA stewards wouldn't allow that. You can see that they were "repairing" it, mechanic is showing to retire but they made a choice to drive one more lap. He retired in lap 9.

zokipirlo

siskue2005 wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 13:15
https://imgur.com/a/2hys2rQ. Look in lap 2 everything is fine. In lap 7 DRS was enabled. In lap 8 returns in pits with broken DRS. He was behind Bottas or Ricciardo in that time in DRS zone. In lap 9 after one more lap from pits he retired.
I'm just tired of reading how Kimi is not allowed to race equal with Vettel and that mechanics are working only for Vettel. But I don't see that true. Only big mistake was in Bahrain in pit stop. Everything else was fine based on a position. Kimi is just complaining a lot over radio.
siskue2005 wrote:
No it isn't. They dropped Vettel car when driving back in pits, could end much more worse. And didn't tell Vettel that his battery is empty for the last try. With Kimi they gamble similar like Red Bull, to return as soon as possible. It was a bad decision, because rain stopped. But it wasn't so bad at the end either with sixth place. It was only behind Haas and FI, which in normal conditions he would overtook in few laps.

subcritical71

zokipirlo wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 15:25
siskue2005 wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/2hys2rQ. Look in lap 2 everything is fine. In lap 7 DRS was enabled. In lap 8 returns in pits with broken DRS. He was behind Bottas or Ricciardo in that time in DRS zone. In lap 9 after one more lap from pits he retired.
I'm just tired of reading how Kimi is not allowed to race equal with Vettel and that mechanics are working only for Vettel. But I don't see that true. Only big mistake was in Bahrain in pit stop. Everything else was fine based on a position. Kimi is just complaining a lot over radio.
siskue2005 wrote:
No it isn't. They dropped Vettel car when driving back in pits, could end much more worse. And didn't tell Vettel that his battery is empty for the last try. With Kimi they gamble similar like Red Bull, to return as soon as possible. It was a bad decision, because rain stopped. But it wasn't so bad at the end either with sixth place. It was only behind Haas and FI, which in normal conditions he would overtook in few laps.
Come on... I mean I really like Kimi, to me he is one of the best all around drivers and would love to see him win a race this year. Do you really think he isn't a clear number two and if running 1 - 2 on the last lap it isn't going to be Vettel crossing first, especially this weekend? I'd love to be proven wrong, but I wouldn't place money on it.

LM10

zokipirlo wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 15:25
siskue2005 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
Thank you for this post. It’s so annoying to weekly read through all the comments insisting Kimi would purposely be in an extremely disadvantageous position. And when moaning people interestingly seem to forget that also Vettel gets to suffer from decisions by his team at times. As you’ve mentioned the thing with the diffuser and especially the battery - don’t want to imagine what people would have told if it had been Kimi.

Funny, there also are Hamilton fans criticizing Ferrari. And at the same time it’s Hamilton who is at least as much of a number 1 driver as Vettel is.