2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
GrandAxe

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, 31 Aug - 2 Sep

Over the top celebration is bad for the health of F1, whether it's Ferrari at Silverstone or Merc at Monza.
If fan's now boo and teams now poke fingers in each others eye, then it won't be long before there's a full on brawl somewhere (verbal or physical). Teams should be more reserved to control the fans.

Ringleheim

GrandAxe wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 03:29
Over the top celebration is bad for the health of F1, whether it's Ferrari at Silverstone or Merc at Monza.
If fan's now boo and teams now poke fingers in each others eye, then it won't be long before there's a full on brawl somewhere (verbal or physical). Teams should be more reserved to control the fans.
That's absolutely ridiculous.

Most of the fans at Monza are there to cheer on Ferrari, and no one else.

Get over it.

Schuttelberg

Phil wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 02:44
To be fair, Monza is Ferrari. It’s not like any of the other venues can be attributed to a singular team, unlike Monza/Ferrari. And I’d also say that most of the Tifosis are fans of Ferrari, not the drivers.

Just saying. I am not justifying that the booing is right, just putting some context to it.
It's not just the booing. I am actually okay with that. I saw some ridiculous posters of Lewis and it felt like 'hate.' That is not cool. No matter who it is.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Restomaniac

nevill3 wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 17:51
Restomaniac wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 17:50
Gr1ff wrote:
06 Sep 2018, 21:53

Translate what Sebastian said in the radio message after the British gp and you will see why they did that in Italy.

https://youtu.be/6rfvd7dmyjQ
And for those of us who don’t speak Italian?
thanks guys here at their home...

now we bring the English flag to Maranello
Is the translation
Thank you.
Seems rather personal.

Also with regard to others about the formation driving. They got the living hell booed out of them last year for nothing more than just having the brass neck of winning. They knew damn well what was coming in the podium agin this year when they got a 1-3. Hardly surprising they got it in first.

Big Tea

Restomaniac wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 11:46
nevill3 wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 17:51
Restomaniac wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 17:50

And for those of us who don’t speak Italian?
thanks guys here at their home...

now we bring the English flag to Maranello
Is the translation
Thank you.
Seems rather personal.

Also with regard to others about the formation driving. They got the living hell booed out of them last year for nothing more than just having the brass neck of winning. They knew damn well what was coming in the podium agin this year when they got a 1-3. Hardly surprising they got it in first.
Besides, its advertising. That is why they, and Ferrari,Renault Honda, and anyone else is in F1.
A 'poster shot' of two cars victorious is why they spend hundreds of millions in the sport.

I personally would mot mind if Ferrari or Renault did it every time they had 2 cars on the podium.
If you look at the pics from Le Mans, there is usually a 'minnow' sneaking into the shot to get some for themselves.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

GrandAxe

Ringleheim wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 05:35
GrandAxe wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 03:29
That's absolutely ridiculous.

Most of the fans at Monza are there to cheer on Ferrari, and no one else.

Get over it.
What are you talking about? My post concerns the behaviour of the teams and how it might affect future fan behaviour.

TAG

I often brawl with my neighbor across the street, him with his 458 and me with my AMG-GT R. Monza was a particularly bad brawl.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

NathanOlder

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with a rivalry in this nature. It adds a little spice and makes winning that much sweeter.
Like the rivalries in Boxing. Can get a little spiteful but makes the build up and fight that much better and after it all they are normally friends. I think if it went like football it may be a little too much.
The Monza grand prix is a little like an away game in football. If you're not wearing the home kit (ferrari) you get booed.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

GrandAxe

NathanOlder wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 15:07
I personally don't think there is anything wrong with a rivalry in this nature. It adds a little spice and makes winning that much sweeter.
Like the rivalries in Boxing. Can get a little spiteful but makes the build up and fight that much better and after it all they are normally friends. I think if it went like football it may be a little too much.
The Monza grand prix is a little like an away game in football. If you're not wearing the home kit (ferrari) you get booed.
But its going the way of football; slowly but surely creeping toward football style. There's an atmosphere of disrespect in F1 that just keeps growing year on year. Radio messages (in effect, messages to the public) about "showing our Italian colleagues" or taking the British flag to Maranello only further stir the pot.

Sure, I enjoyed Lewis and Bottas parade lap as a Merc / Lewis fan, but the radio message soured it all.

As another aspect of the growing disrespect, take Vettels fowl mouthed tirade against the stewards a couple of years ago - at the time it was unprecedented and shocking. But, fast forward to this year and repercussions for such behaviour are almost nonexistent - from Charlie Whitings words, Max might not even get a ticking for his version last race.

foxmulder_ms

One doesn't need to be that sterile. Vettel's comment at silverstone was savage but nothing to be offended. The same is true for Merc at Monza. why are we racing??? For advertisement and bragging rights, so I see zero problem. Of course you are gonna do some "I'm better than you, na-na na-na boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo." hahaha.

Restomaniac

GrandAxe wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 16:20
NathanOlder wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 15:07
But its going the way of football; slowly but surely creeping toward football style. There's an atmosphere of disrespect in F1 that just keeps growing year on year. Radio messages (in effect, messages to the public) about "showing our Italian colleagues" or taking the British flag to Maranello only further stir the pot.

Sure, I enjoyed Lewis and Bottas parade lap as a Merc / Lewis fan, but the radio message soured it all.

As another aspect of the growing disrespect, take Vettels fowl mouthed tirade against the stewards a couple of years ago - at the time it was unprecedented and shocking. But, fast forward to this year and repercussions for such behaviour are almost nonexistent - from Charlie Whitings words, Max might not even get a ticking for his version last race.
Mercedes drivers got booing on the podium on 2017. Their massive error for it? They beat the Ferraris.

It took no brain surgeon to see it coming after the chequered flag in 2018. If the majority of the Monza crown want to act like 5 year olds then Mercedes are well within their rights to enjoy doing what all teams and drivers are supposed to do. That is winning.

langedweil

GrandAxe wrote:
.. take Vettels fowl mouthed tirade against the stewards a couple of years ago - at the time it was unprecedented and shocking. But, fast forward to this year and repercussions for such behaviour are almost nonexistent - from Charlie Whitings words, Max might not even get a ticking for his version last race.
Really !?
How on earth was that even near offensive?

I’d say “They're doing a great job at killing racing” (100% agreed from my pov) sounds a whole lot more eloquent than “You know what, f*** Charlie !!”

But that might just be my interpretation ..
HuggaWugga !

GrandAxe

langedweil wrote:
08 Sep 2018, 19:54
GrandAxe wrote:
.. take Vettels fowl mouthed tirade against the stewards a couple of years ago - at the time it was unprecedented and shocking. But, fast forward to this year and repercussions for such behaviour are almost nonexistent - from Charlie Whitings words, Max might not even get a ticking for his version last race.
Really !?
How on earth was that even near offensive?

I’d say “They're doing a great job at killing racing” (100% agreed from my pov) sounds a whole lot more eloquent than “You know what, f*** Charlie !!”

But that might just be my interpretation ..
A lot of that radio message was censored. I think you'll be censored too if you posted the beeped out part here.

Juzh

Nice overtake by hulk into the 2nd chicane

https://streamable.com/f3sc4

Sierra117

Man I do wonder how how much faster these cars would go without the drag of the halo considering Hulk topped 366-367 with the halo and drs/tow.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir