2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
NathanOlder

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

I assume you guys all saw what happened in Moto2 today. I bet Romano gets a ban for this and rightfully so and not just black flagged.

Pretty much what should have happened to Seb in Baku last year.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ThumbsUp

Didn’t watched it, had a quick look on YouTube:

But that is something you really shouldn’t do! It could end very badly if he flipped over his front end.

Nonserviam85

ThumbsUp wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 14:56
Didn’t watched it, had a quick look on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/Vsb8Q2Wxlbg

But that is something you really shouldn’t do! It could end very badly if he flipped over his front end.
Saw it live, criminally dangerous and stupid.

J.A.W.

Well Yamaha again failed to deliver.. (though their 'Superbike' was good enough to win both races in Britain)
so Dovi's win has now put him into 2nd spot in the Championship.

I read that Casey Stoner was sufficiently frustrated by Team Ducati's ignoring his test results/findings..
that he went on record.. & virtually predicted the outcome.. of this race..
- as it panned out for Lorenzo & Miller today.. viz: mid-corner front end lose..

Before he lost the front.. on the 2nd-to-last lap, Lorenzo had been having a good 'dice' with M.M.,
& IMO, his willingness to 'get stuck in' & do so.. augurs well - for next season..
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

ThumbsUp

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 13:52
I assume you guys all saw what happened in Moto2 today. I bet Romano gets a ban for this and rightfully so and not just black flagged.

Apparently he’s banned for 2 races.

https://www.motorsport.com/moto2/news/f ... 9/?nrt=212

NathanOlder

ThumbsUp wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 17:37
NathanOlder wrote:
09 Sep 2018, 13:52

Apparently he’s banned for 2 races.

https://www.motorsport.com/moto2/news/f ... 9/?nrt=212
Thanks. Deservedly so! People need to be banned for things like this in rage. Like Ferrucci in F2, Tiktum in F4, I still feel the FIA were a joke with Vettel in Baku, especially considering Tiktum drive in to someone intentionally while behind a safety car and got a 2 YEAR BAN.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

NathanOlder

GOOD. Bye Bye =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Sieper

Those Moto guys have such big balls. Very, very big punishment.

Andres125sx

Someone who can even consider doing that shouldn´t be on the grid, to me it´s this simple

It is crazy dangerous, for the other driver, for himself, and even for stewarts and people in the stands. If the bike roll over at that speed in the middle of the straght it may even jump over the fence

What a blatant moron :evil:

digitalrurouni

Grabbing the brakes is the equivalent of Seb bashing in to Lewis @ Baku. Still amazed to this day how he didn't get a race ban.

Andres125sx

Agree about the race ban, but the incident can´t be compared. What Vettel did was crashing bodywork vs bodywork at SC speed. This was at full speed in the middle of a straight, and on a bike wich may cause the rider to fly at 300km/h and crash with his body against tarmac, the wall, other bikes...

What Vettel did was terrible, but he never put Lewis in physical danger. This moron on the other hand could have caused a very serious accident with serious injuries

MotoGP (Moto2) will be safer with him watching the races from TV

Just_a_fan

Agreed. No comparison. The closest I can think of off the top of my head was Schuie trying to put Rubens in the wall to prevent him overtaking. That would have been a big crash.

Vettel crashing in to Hamilton was nothing compared to the idiot grabbing another rider's brake lever.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

DiogoBrand

Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 18:21
Agreed. No comparison. The closest I can think of off the top of my head was Schuie trying to put Rubens in the wall to prevent him overtaking. That would have been a big crash.

Vettel crashing in to Hamilton was nothing compared to the idiot grabbing another rider's brake lever.
I'm sorry, but as stupid and dangerous as Michael's manouver was, I don't think it was as serious as intentionally crashing into someone else under a Safety Car just to vent some frustration.

henry

DiogoBrand wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 18:36
Just_a_fan wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 18:21

I'm sorry, but as stupid and dangerous as Michael's manouver was, I don't think it was as serious as intentionally crashing into someone else under a Safety Car just to vent some frustration.
Just like drag the danger rises exponentially with speed.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus