2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
subcritical71

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 14:41
Phil wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:58
Why should they and how would they?
8 years service, last Ferrari Champion.

and how..... Team Radio "Seb , Let kimi through, we still finish P1 and P2 , but we want Kimi to win this one"
Yeah, because multi 2-1 worked out so well... :wtf:

I'd love to see it also, but just don't see Seb cooperating. I also wonder when the talk of Sauber becoming a Ferrari road blocker will start. With the FIA already looking at team alliances I can only think they are seeing the writing on the wall.

Jackles-UK

Hiring Leclerc validates the entire Ferrari young driver program. If they had gone for an established driver again then how could they convince young talent to sign for their academies over the likes of Red Bull or McLaren (who both have proven track records of developing drivers and then giving them a seat when they are ready)?

I agree with TAG that many drivers have come and (sometimes sadly) gone waiting for the promise land of a seat in the red car only for that door to remain fully shut. The times they are a changing and teams are beginning to prepare for a brave new world without the likes of Hamilton, Alonso, Kimi and even Vettel - drivers like Leclerc, Verstappen, Norris, Sainz, Ocon etc. will be the new figureheads and Ferrari, quite rightly, don’t want to be left behind.

santos
santos

NathanOlder wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 14:39
marvin78 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:13
NathanOlder wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:08
I would just like to add how annoying this is, Not only has he been blocking the 2nd Ferrari seat for at least 18months, He is in now going to block a sauber seat for 2yrs. If Ericsson stays as he brings money, then there is no chance for any upcoming talent. The likes of Leclerc wouldnt have had his chance this year ect.

IMO, just retire, Im glad he's moving, to free up a seat at Ferrari, but dont block the young talent !!!
And that is his fault? Nobody is blocking anyone. When a team decides, that he should drive for them, that is for sure their decision. Sauber surely has it's reason. And I don't think that his seat would be taken by a non paying young driver.
Martin Brundle agrees with my opinion of blocking young talent.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/brundle-r ... ng-talent/
So you agree that Mercedes blocked some of their junior drivers when they gave a seat to Bottas instead to Palmer or Ocon... Strange that i didn't read something like that from Brundle when Rosberg leaved F1 and Bottas was hired.

Phil

I find the switch fascinating. Certainly this creates additional pressure for Vettel, who will find himself stacked against a young but talented hungry driver.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

WaikeCU

Phil wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 15:59
I find the switch fascinating. Certainly this creates additional pressure for Vettel, who will find himself stacked against a young but talented hungry driver.
A repeat of 2014 :roll:

RonDennis
RonDennis

I'm getting tired of those 'blocking young talent' stories. Does F1 really need more youngsters? It's fine as it is right now. People also want to see some familiar faces. Why does every 20 year old has to drive in F1? Just do another year in F2. Mercedes shouldn't complain anyway if you put someone boring like Bottas in their second car. And the midfield has to move because they want a third car for their talents? Complete and utter arrogance, especially when you consider they were blocking budget caps, which could well result in news teams and more positions.

marvin78
marvin78

NathanOlder wrote:
marvin78 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
I would just like to add how annoying this is, Not only has he been blocking the 2nd Ferrari seat for at least 18months, He is in now going to block a sauber seat for 2yrs. If Ericsson stays as he brings money, then there is no chance for any upcoming talent. The likes of Leclerc wouldnt have had his chance this year ect.

IMO, just retire, Im glad he's moving, to free up a seat at Ferrari, but dont block the young talent !!!
And that is his fault? Nobody is blocking anyone. When a team decides, that he should drive for them, that is for sure their decision. Sauber surely has it's reason. And I don't think that his seat would be taken by a non paying young driver.

And that should tell me what? That someone has the same opinion than you? Not very convincing for me.

NathanOlder

marvin78 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 18:03
NathanOlder wrote:
marvin78 wrote:

And that should tell me what? That someone has the same opinion than you? Not very convincing for me.
I just responded to the statement you made about no one being blocked, when its clear Kimi will be in F1 as a 41yr old in a team who have a great track record in hiring young upcoming talents.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

siskue2005

siskue2005 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 07:12
Big Tea wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 23:42
siskue2005 wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 21:44

i dont think it is a good move to drive for midfield team..... stop racing when you are doing good, no need to go to sauber and be mediocre before you retire..... and i think Kimi knows this
If Ferrari really do intend to back Sauber heavily, I think it is a good idea. They would move up quite a bit with full Ferrari backing and a top driver. However, I am not sure about a driver having any management position in a team as it has not worked the last couple of times.
Even if they back sauber, there is no way that they will be fighting for wins and poles in 2019. Absolutely no sense for Kimi to lower his stocks in a mid field team. Why do you think he has been driving for Ferrari all these years even when he knows he is no2?
Same reason why Rubens stuck around, same reason Weber stuck around.

It is always better to be in a top team and pick up the odd win and poles or perish like Alonso
i had to eat my words.
Damn never dreamed of such a thing...ever :shock: :shock:
even Ferrari are surprised by Kimi's move to Sauber according to Scarbs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVcIB9Yilo

RonDennis
RonDennis

NathanOlder wrote:

What's with everyones obsession to put talents in every car that isn't a Ferrari, Mercedes or Red Bull? Am I the only one that likes to see some old faces on the grid?

If Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull really wanted to have some more positions on the grid, maybe they should accept the budget cap, so other teams can enter F1. The utter arrogance of Wolff by suggesting that the top teams should be allowed to have three cars on the grid really shows that they don't care on bit about competition in F1.

Schuttelberg

WaikeCU wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 16:24
Phil wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 15:59
A repeat of 2014 :roll:
I find it fascinating how often 2014 gets mentioned in reference to Seb, yet there's hardly any mention of 2011 and 2016 when it comes to Lewis.

I think there were many reasons for his dip in performance in 2014. Ricciardo being pretty darn good is one of them.

I think Charles will challenge Seb. I think Seb needs it as well. mark bought the best out of him!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

siskue2005

RonDennis wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 00:21
NathanOlder wrote:

What's with everyones obsession to put talents in every car that isn't a Ferrari, Mercedes or Red Bull? Am I the only one that likes to see some old faces on the grid?

If Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull really wanted to have some more positions on the grid, maybe they should accept the budget cap, so other teams can enter F1. The utter arrogance of Wolff by suggesting that the top teams should be allowed to have three cars on the grid really shows that they don't care on bit about competition in F1.
According to scarbs and Peter windsor liberty might have pulled strings to keep Kimi in f1.... as we have lost Alonso, they can't afford to not have any big names retiring this season and their fan base stop watching f1.
Makes sense really from liberty 's point of view
Last edited by siskue2005 on 12 Sep 2018, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

JonoNic

According to scarbs and Peter windsor liberty might have pulled strings to keep Kimi in f1.... as we have lost Alonso, they can't afford to not have any big names retiring this season and their fan base stop watching f1.
Yip. It proves that fans (general not only F1) are indeed sheep...
Always find the gap then use it.

Sierra117

The approach of aggressively attracting casuals always ends badly. Just look at what's happening to the UFC.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

iotar__

JonoNic wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 07:05
Yip. It proves that fans (general not only F1) are indeed sheep...
It was Ferrari wasting a seat and chances for results for half a decade for marketing reasons and Vettel's convinience. Will insiders blame evil Liberty for that as well =P~ ? Give me a break.