Kimi to Sauber and Charles to Ferrari

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sevach

Re: Kimi to Sauber and Charles to Ferrari

Chuckjr wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 08:49
Lewis will never drive for Ferrari. I think the Tifosi would revolt anyway. They have been booing him big time for years. Lewis will retire with Merc. He's not interested in just driving to drive, he only drives to win, so he won't stick around for the simple love of racing like what Kimi is doing. I think Lewis wants to be a rapper or something, so I'm sure he wants to get on with that asap. Just my 2 cents.
Who knows, depends on what kind of success Sebastian can have between now and the end of the year, and next year...

If the answer is not much, i think his time at Ferrari might be coming to an end, and they'll need someone with name and experience to put beside Charles.

santos

Chuckjr wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 08:49
Lewis will never drive for Ferrari. I think the Tifosi would revolt anyway. They have been booing him big time for years. Lewis will retire with Merc. He's not interested in just driving to drive, he only drives to win, so he won't stick around for the simple love of racing like what Kimi is doing. I think Lewis wants to be a rapper or something, so I'm sure he wants to get on with that asap. Just my 2 cents.
The Tifosi love the team, not the driver. Before Alonso drove for Ferrari, i really didn't liked him. On the day that he signed with Ferrari, he became the best driver in the world.
Vettel suffered the same when he won for Red Bull, now he is supported by the Tifosi... so that would be the same if Lewis went to Ferrari.

Chuckjr

I don't agree at all. He won't drive for Ferrari, ever. Just my 2 cents.
Watching F1 since 1986.

apexcontrol

this is very good and now mercedes should kick out the butler of hamilton

ringo

Chuckjr wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 19:14
Never say never. Every man has his price. Hamilton will drive for Ferrari if they get desperate enough to win a championship. Hamilton may very well tire of mercedes and do a short stint with the red team. I never thought he would have left Mclaren.
For Sure!!

Big Tea

ringo wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 22:47
Chuckjr wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 19:14
Never say never. Every man has his price. Hamilton will drive for Ferrari if they get desperate enough to win a championship. Hamilton may very well tire of mercedes and do a short stint with the red team. I never thought he would have left Mclaren.
I think if Ferrari want Hamilton, they will have to get Bonnington on board first.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

TheGkbrk

If Seb and Leclerc have an eventful team mate pairing process and Seb just leaves, Kimi can come back for 2020. Other than that I got surprised by Kimi making such a move.

Mansell89

Lewis Hamilton will do what's best for Lewis Hamilton. Never ever rule Ferrari out of the equation. This lad owes his F1 break and jump straight into a podium car to McLaren and he left them (rightly) for a team he was told would dominate the new regulations.

Having said that, he's also a massive Senna fan, who never raced for them. So who knows. However, he's shown us he isn't afraid of a big decision.

When Luca came out in the press after the Italian GP calling the booing shameful, that's when I for the first time thought that Ferrari were now courting him. They would never say that sort of stuff unless they were trying to sweeten him up.

Le Clerc being chosen over Vettel preference is the writing on the wall for Vettel UNLESS he pulls a championship out of the fire. Singapore is a must win as their car is made for it, so it has to start now.

roon

Mansell89 wrote:
12 Sep 2018, 23:36
Lewis Hamilton will do what's best for Lewis Hamilton. Never ever rule Ferrari out of the equation. This lad owes his F1 break and jump straight into a podium car to McLaren and he left them (rightly) for a team he was told would dominate the new regulations.
Who would you say told him?

Big Tea wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 11:00
Schuttelberg wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 10:58
marvin78 wrote:
11 Sep 2018, 10:52
Some people just have fun on their job. I for one don't understand why a friend of mine has so much fun in being a lawyer, but he really has. So...
He has a very young family and he has had his moment. The whole world knows Sauber won't win jack. I'm just worried for him.
Why? He has more or less retired, he is just having fun now. Can you imagine how different this will be to driving at Ferrari?

Its like a professional football player just having a kick around with the boys.
Might say the same about Alonso going back to McLaren. That there are 'retirement' teams within such a small pool as F1, content with the back of the grid, and celebrate mid-field, is one of the common complaints against the sport. But this fate is shared among other sports. 'Small market teams.' Sorry to ramble...

adrianjordan

Mansell89 wrote:
McLaren were part owned by Mercedes when Lewis got his break with them, so in a way he's just remained loyal to Mercedes.

We should also look at other aspects of Lewis' life though. For instance he's just launched a fashion range with Tommy Hilfiger (Merc sponsor) and enjoys a lifestyle that not many F1 teams would give him the freedom to enjoy.

I don't think Italy or Ferrari hold any great attraction for Lewis and I think he'll see out his new Merc contract and then retire to focus on his fashion and music interests.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Chuckjr

roon wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 03:08
Mansell89 wrote:
Lauda.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Mansell89

Chuckjr wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 10:34
roon wrote:
Mansell89 wrote:
Lauda.
Correct- pretty sure it’s in the press somewhere about Lauda explaining the conversation he had.

PlatinumZealot

Good way to exit the stage. Now get that Ferrari win kimi!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

Mansell89 wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 11:44
Chuckjr wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 10:34
roon wrote:

Lauda.
Correct- pretty sure it’s in the press somewhere about Lauda explaining the conversation he had.
I think Lewis also had huge respect for Norbert Haug. I would not be surprised if his ore was in there somewhere
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

djones

I really hope Kimi ignores all team orders the rest of the season and get one last win.