Annoying Pop-Ups/redirect / malware?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Phil

Annoying Pop-Ups/redirect / malware?

Is anyone else experiencing annoying pop ups/redirects when surfing this site on their mobile phone?

Since about a week, i am getting some redirects to sites telling me that i am the selected winner of something. Once redirected, i can no longer get back to f1t without closing the tab and reopening.

I am using iOS on an iphone7. The problem is unique to this site only. Havent experienced this on my desktop as of yet, but then again, i usually browse here on my mobile.

I am thinking something that is triggered through the ads service?

Any thoughts?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Just_a_fan

Re: Annoying Pop-Ups/redirect / malware?

Had it on an Android tablet too.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Steven
Owner

Could be ads indeed. Certainly nothing we're triggering ourselves.

If you can, please send a screenshot or the link to which these ads are pointing, so I can pass it on to our ad provider for blocking.

Phil

This is what is looks like (I managed to screen-film it).

Sorry for not resizing them, but this is what happens. Only happens (so far) when I have topics open. Also managed to lose quite a few posts that way (cause I was posting in the quick-reply box). As can be seen, it automatically redirects to the first one, then to the second. Can't tell if there are more than one redirect before the first one that and there's no way for me to log it as it's on my phone.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

wesley123

This is something with the ads provider, which allows this for some reason. While it might look like it is F1t only, this definitely isn't the case.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Phil

Yeah, you are right. I think it's the ads provider as well. Haven't had this happen to me on any other sites though so far. I guess that'll tell you I don't surf many arbitrary sites, almost no news either.

It's really annoying though, especially as it redirects the actual page you are on and once redirected, you can't get back. It's especially annoying when it happens after you typed up a post and lose everything...

PS: Given it's the ad-provider, it's also really difficult to debug too, because ads are personalized, lots of user-tracking and they also know what your useragent is (obviously). So when browsing this or other sites using a desktop, I am not getting the same ads that must be triggering this annoying redirect.
#Team44 supporter

Just_a_fan

Yes, that looks familiar although the ones I've seen were in English - presumably the ad provider targets according to ISP location.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Steven
Owner

Issue reported.
Seems it's a problem happening since early this week. Several others users have reported similar annoying ads.

I'll keep you posted

hollus

I get the same ads, only in my phone, when browsing spanish newspapers of good reputation. Never here so far. Had been happening on and off for probably a year.
Rivals, not enemies.

McG

It's the ads.

I'm on a several non F1 forums. One has recently introduced ads and the pop ups started immediately.

Horrible really, very intrusive.
F1 is dead.

netoperek

Sorry for Offtopic, but appropriate people follow this thread and it's such a minor request i didn't feel like it's worth opening a new one.
There is no link on the site survey completion page to get back to F1T mainpage (at least I haven't found one). It would be more convienient for users to just click than to type adress in the browser. Thanks!

Steven
Owner

netoperek wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 12:07
Sorry for Offtopic, but appropriate people follow this thread and it's such a minor request i didn't feel like it's worth opening a new one.
There is no link on the site survey completion page to get back to F1T mainpage (at least I haven't found one). It would be more convienient for users to just click than to type adress in the browser. Thanks!
There's a link to the feedback forum (this one) on the thanks page :wink:

netoperek

Steven wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 22:29
netoperek wrote:
06 Dec 2018, 12:07
There's a link to the feedback forum (this one) on the thanks page :wink:
Then guess I need to pay a visit to my optician :)

Geraldetemn
Geraldetemn

Annoying Pop Ups/redirect / malware

Every time Ive come to the forum today, I get these annoying ads popping up that I cant get rid of, video commercials that cover up most of the screen and block my view. They also make the forum jerky and unresponsive. Whats going on?

Steven
Owner

Re: Annoying Pop Ups/redirect / malware

Geraldetemn wrote:
02 Mar 2019, 22:51
Every time Ive come to the forum today, I get these annoying ads popping up that I cant get rid of, video commercials that cover up most of the screen and block my view. They also make the forum jerky and unresponsive. Whats going on?
As asked before, if you see any problematic ads, make a screenshot or provide some info on the ad, so that I can at least pass on the specific case to be looked at.