2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
NathanOlder

Re: 2018 FIM Moto GP World Championship

So, 5 laps to go and the pace is slow people looking after tyres, Marquez even appeared to try and slow the pace down even more by getting to the front and slowing his laptimes down. At one point Morbidelli on last years Honda was matching the pace of the front runners while down in 15th.

Pace is currently very slow.

Whats your view on this then Andres125sx ?

As its pretty much what we saw in F1 last weekend.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Andres125sx

11-12 seconds slower, and a fast lap in the race 6 seconds slower to the 1:46.8 from pole? Then it was not the same to F1 :wink: :P

Andres125sx

It was a boring first half of the race (I wonder what impact did have Lorenzo´s crash), and an exciting final part

Great job by Marquez

Lorenzo should shut up and focus on racing. Marquez went in too long, that´s true, but this is racing and that is perfectly normal on first corner of any GP. If then Lorenzo hit the throttle too much trying to not loose any position, that´s not Marquez fault, but Lorenzo´s 100%

I love him when on the bike, but can´t cope with him when he´s out. Pretty similar to Hamilton to be honest

BTW, I´m impressed with Suzuki, specially with their engine perfomance wich was their weak point. Hopefully one more manufacturer will join the battle for victories =D> =D>

NathanOlder

Yeah if Suzuki need more power, Dovi and MM just disappeared on that back straight. Although maybe Suzuki were closer due to the lack of pace from the front 2. Yamaha need to give up if they dont get things sorted for next year!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

etusch

On the straight mm passed very easy to suzuki. I thought it is because of their braking ability. It looks like they have to start braking earlier.
At the end they were good at the track that being good makes happy Ducati too. I like when they(suzuki) win as a Honda fan

Nonserviam85

This whole Tyre Management saga is getting ridiculous in both MotoGP and F1.

Some fiery statements from Lorenzo post-race, I am getting my popcorn for next year. The Honda garage will be an interesting place to be.

digitalrurouni

Not only tire management is ridiculous - the tires are a complete gamble. It's like a black art figuring out which tire to be on the race. I think honestly Bridgestone had it right. For a MotoGP race allow the riders to push from the start to the end. Previously it was the fuel restriction era, we got past that and we had a ton of processional races. Now it's the tires. Michelin needs to up their game and bring durable tires to the race so that tire management is not needed. That's how we will get quite epic races where they can go all out, I mean the races are so short anyways for MotoGP unlike F1!

On another note what do you guys think of the theory that Moto2 Dunlop rubber actually make the track less grippy for the MotoGP bikes with their Michelin rubber?

FrukostScones

digitalrurouni wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 15:55
Not only tire management is ridiculous - the tires are a complete gamble. It's like a black art figuring out which tire to be on the race. I think honestly Bridgestone had it right. For a MotoGP race allow the riders to push from the start to the end. Previously it was the fuel restriction era, we got past that and we had a ton of processional races. Now it's the tires. Michelin needs to up their game and bring durable tires to the race so that tire management is not needed. That's how we will get quite epic races where they can go all out, I mean the races are so short anyways for MotoGP unlike F1!

On another note what do you guys think of the theory that Moto2 Dunlop rubber actually make the track less grippy for the MotoGP bikes with their Michelin rubber?
I think we are seeing quite a lot epic races with(despite?) these tires.
Aragon was good, maybe also bit lame because of Lorenzo out so early and cleary Marquez saving his tires waiting for the moment to strike. But as tyres faded the Suzukis caught up and made it quite entertaining, also Dovizioso trying to counterattack....
All in all it is a fun season, apart from Marquez just beeing to good and Yamaha clearly doing nothing to stop their demise.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Noetiepoerker26

FrukostScones wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 16:21
But as tyres faded the Suzukis caught up and made it quite entertaining, also Dovizioso trying to counterattack....
The fact that both Iannone and Rins were able to caught up was mainly caused by the on-track scrummage that Dovizioso and Marquez were having. Nevertheless, great race despite the early retirement of Lorenzo...
Two stroke: a little more than half the power, twice as often.

digitalrurouni

A lot of riders don't seem to like the Buriram layout but it is undeniable the racing was amazing!!

nacho

Bridgestones lasted but at some years had a lot of problems with highsides on cool tyres. Races were also more processional. Of course lots of things have changed since, but I don't miss the era were races were decided in the first corner and the podiums and wins went for four riders.

GPR-A

The Man, The Champion!!!!

NathanOlder

One 5 time Champion crowned today.....

On to the next..... [-o<
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

J.A.W.

Well won - the 2018 Championship for M.M./Honda, & Ducati duly 'dropped the ball' - as M.M. kept his cool...
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

etusch

Well done MM93