Mick Schumacher recent miracle to form... / ilegal car?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
BrunoH

Mick Schumacher recent miracle to form... / ilegal car?

Dear all, wold like to know what you all think about the ´´miracle form´´ out of nowere of Mick Shcumacher and its recent push to enter into F1....

his rivals are hinting at cheating and that the car must be illegal.... since its in F3 and its a Spec series.. what might have given the huge jump in performance in his car in the last 6 races were he won 5, and before did not even score a point.... !?!?

any ideias?

thank you all

marmer

Re: Mick Schumacher recent miracle to form... / ilegal car?

Win streaks are not unheard of but neither is a cheating German ... I would hold off on this idea though it's only f3 he is still young and progressing as a driver perhaps he has found a new level

BrunoH

well his main rivals are making alegations that hes cheating... if so.. how could one cheat in f3 !? thats the main question!

marmer

BrunoH wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 21:06
well his main rivals are making alegations that hes cheating... if so.. how could one cheat in f3 !? thats the main question!
I suppose you could run a lighter car.

Different aero would seem unlikely as it's too risky someone would see it.

Parhaps he is getting marginally better engines or better fuel

BrunoH

fuel is risky as its tested right? and i dont belive the FIA wold be in on it... weight also.. maybe like you say lighter internal components in the engine!? some way around ECU? !?

NL_Fer

Aren’t all Prema cars doing good? I saw a constant battle between Mick and his teammates.

Sevach

I'm pretty sure weight is also checked, ECU possible.

With that said i don't know why the team that has ruled lower Formulae for years would suddenly decide to cheat.
It's not that uncommon for a driver in a junior series who was "average" to suddenly find something, be it confidence wise or in terms of technique and start being awesome.

Nobody knows in which ways Michael's accident might've hampered Mick, he might just be finding himself.

Juzh

I'm fairly confident something has been done by powers that be (liberty?) in order to boost the popularity of F3 and by extension all subsequent series Mick will compete in years to come. A surge in form so sudden (in a spec series of all things) is so far removed from reality there's like zero chance of it actually happening via legitimate means.

The guy will go far in racing, that much is certain for obvious reasons. Maybe he can even make it to F1 where he'll perhaps be at ericsson/gutierez level, filling in the seats on the middle/back-end of the grid. All F1 teams will know his upcoming was bogus anyway, which will prevent him to move up to teams which do not require sponsor money or massive exposure.

Tzk
Tzk

Sevach wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 21:46
I'm pretty sure weight is also checked, ECU possible.
F3 Teams share telemetry data to each other. So if they found a potentially illegal way to extract more power from the engine, other teams would notice. Only thing i can imagine is that they are testing a lot of engines and choose those with the most power or least friction (or both).

Ticktum hinted at the telemetry data but hasn't pointed out what exactly he though was going on... Link:
https://www.motorsport.com/eurof3/news/ ... e/3182583/

NathanOlder

Last season he was awful, first half of this season he was awful, now he cant stop winning. It is very suspicious.

I remember reading about Lance in this very series having his dad pay for "better" engines and aero. Not sure how much truth that held, but there were definitely rumours.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Big Tea

A long time back. a similar thing happened in the series I raced.
After confronting him about cheating, it came to light that he had spent a week on Chas Mortimer's race school.
It really can be as simple as being taught where you are going wrong.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

LeClerc

Apparently not even a year on the side-line brought any maturity....
It is I, LeClerc!

Tzk
Tzk

So, i've just had a brief look at the technical and sporting regulations of the F3 Europe championchip. You're not allowed to swap engines, use your own fuel (or any additives) and a ton of other restrictions apply. You may however rebuild an engine between several events, as long as you don't swap engine block, head or cam cover. That'd count as a new engine. I'm not sure one could exploit this to get a fresher engine than others.

So, i must admit that i'm a bit sceptical that anyone can cheat for a better car/engine. The only thing i can imagine is that the different engines (F3 europe has different engine manufacturers) have slight differences in either power or torque. That'd result in some engines being slighty "better" than others.

My conclusion is that Prema must have found something setup wise or that Ticktum is just being salty because he basically has almost lost the champoinchip at the last two venues.

Raleigh

Mick is being backed by Mercedes is he not? It's entirely possible they are giving him a hand with setup or driver coaching. That or he is just growing as a driver which is what junior series are for.

Plus, not like he hasn't won races before, Mick has 11 F4 wins and 4 F2000 wins, he's won 8 races now in F3 including the 5 in a row.

Sevach

Raleigh wrote:
26 Sep 2018, 00:57
Mick is being backed by Mercedes is he not? It's entirely possible they are giving him a hand with setup or driver coaching. That or he is just growing as a driver which is what junior series are for.

Plus, not like he hasn't won races before, Mick has 11 F4 wins and 4 F2000 wins, he's won 8 races now in F3 including the 5 in a row.
Mick is a Ferrari junior, that does allow access to Ferrari simulator and other forms of support.

With that said Salty-Cryba... Ticktum has similar support from Red Bull, so he shouldn't complain.