Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Alonso Fan

Re: Racing games

garyjpaterson wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 19:10
Regarding AC mods, here's one I've been working on for nearly 3 years now.

3 years you say, are you mad!? Yeah probably, I sorta attempt to explain the reasoning behind it in this video, along with a 'fast' lap to show it off a bit.

Basically comes down to no reasonable logic behind making it, but really glad I did, as I've been able to work with some great people and on great projects off the back of it. Currently modelling official cars for the developers now, so its not a lost cause ;)

Anyway, it comes out on RaceDepartment on friday :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qGdJ-24B_w
man if I only had some good samples...!

SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

garyjpaterson

Nice example of how little you see from the mirrors in these current cars! Its all just rear wing :lol:

Seeing to the sides is fine if you angle the mirrors that way, but directly behind it seems almost fully blocked by the wing - moving the wing higher would probably be a big benefit to rear view visibility.

mertol

yea look in those gtp mirrors tho :D (not my video)

alexx_88

Any iracers here? Was surprised to see a bunch of PRO drivers on there. I see Lando Norris pretty much every night, Barichello and apparently a lot of Indy Car drivers.

mertol

There are more - Nicki Thiim, Chris Zoechling and Tom Preining are regulars on the road side and stream on twitch.

NathanOlder

alexx_88 wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 13:49
Any iracers here? Was surprised to see a bunch of PRO drivers on there. I see Lando Norris pretty much every night, Barichello and apparently a lot of Indy Car drivers.
Im on there every now and then, wish we could get a group of us from here to race regularly
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

SteveRacer

I am sure there are many more pro racers on there, they are just using a different name. Can you imagine how people must race around them?

Roxi

Typically play a lot of F1 17 and haven't gotten into F1 18 yet.

Really like FM7, haven't tried iRacing yet. Looks good.

DiogoBrand

Unfortunately I don't have money to invest on iRacing, but Assetto Corsa Competizione is looking like it's gonna be a beast of a game.

mertol

How much of a beast with only boring gt3 cars tho?

DiogoBrand

It's a lot more exciting playing with GT3 cars when you have tons of people to race against, than playing with exciting cars that you have nobody playing. It's the racing that makes it exciting, not the car.

mertol

Not really. GT racing is no fun for me. The good cars might be poorly populated but the racers there are better unlike the wreckers gt racing attracts.

Alonso Fan

DiogoBrand wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 00:47
Unfortunately I don't have money to invest on iRacing, but Assetto Corsa Competizione is looking like it's gonna be a beast of a game.
I've got it and can say it is seriously good handling wise. Rain feels awesome, natural and actually quite like GP3 and 4 tbh. FFB needs work but the potential is there.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

DiogoBrand

Alonso Fan wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 22:53
DiogoBrand wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 00:47
I've got it and can say it is seriously good handling wise. Rain feels awesome, natural and actually quite like GP3 and 4 tbh. FFB needs work but the potential is there.
I think FFB on ACC depends on your wheel preset. A lot of people say it feels dampened and doesn't give too much information. On my G27 it feels quite a bit better than AC1.

Alonso Fan

Bit of hard racing in ACC with the ai
See how cautious I was after the overtake haha
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord