2018 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, 28 - 30 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PinkFloydPulse

Re: 2018 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, 28 - 30 September

Poor Valteri... Merc should have switched back.
Team Fernando!

Sierra117

From slamming Bottas in the forums the whole year how he doesn't deserve the seat and how he's slow blah blah to slamming the team for doing the safest thing with 5 races to go ... the irony. I would've switched them back personally but at the end considering how good Ferrari's reliability has been, better safe than sorry.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

gandharva

"Better luck next time!" Ahem "year". XD

JonoNic

I'm hoping that Bottas does a Rosberg like championship season next year.
Always find the gap then use it.

Jolle
Jolle

Sierra117 wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:52
From slamming Bottas in the forums the whole year how he doesn't deserve the seat and how he's slow blah blah to slamming the team for doing the safest thing with 5 races to go ... the irony. I would've switched them back personally but at the end considering how good Ferrari's reliability has been, better safe than sorry.
Totally agree. Bottas isn't in a position to be WC this year, he isn't even employed by Mercedes to become WC. His job is to make them constructor champion with HAM and help HAM to become WC drivers. At least Mercedes isn't doing it sneaky.

NathanOlder

Restomaniac wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:38
F1NAC wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:36
WTF Magnussen?? nice.. Where is that guy on forum that keeps saying that Haas is moving away
It’s normally true but Magnussen being Magnussen.
It is normally true.
Grosjean didnt hold up Vettel, wheres the guy on the forum that says Haas block Ferrari.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

matt_b
matt_b

SchuMassa wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:49
Hamilton's not over the moon either, this move only boosted Toto's ego. Merc fanboys should remember Austria - that's difference between Ferrari and Mercedes.
Austria was a much earlier point in the season and it was only a 3 point difference rather than 7 like today. Also I'm certain they would've switched in Monza which is why Lewis went for that aggressive overtake which pulled the rug from under them.

Phil

Cant fault Hamilton really. Happy he wasnt celebrating. But yeah, i expected more of Mercedes, more of Toto.

But who knows, it does perhaps shed some insight on how strong they perceive Ferrari to be over the next 5 races.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

siskue2005

SchuMassa wrote:
Hamilton's not over the moon either, this move only boosted Toto's ego. Merc fan boys should remember Austria - that's difference between Ferrari and Mercedes.
i am not a fan of what they did today, but dont make ferrari as an epitome of fair team tactics
i was hoping toto would let bottas pass
Last edited by siskue2005 on 30 Sep 2018, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Hail22

Oh look Hamilton one by virtue of his team mate being ordered to give him the position. Hope you guys are still enjoying this era of "awesome" racing :) :roll: :lol: #-o
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Sierra117

Jolle wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:55
Sierra117 wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:52
Totally agree. Bottas isn't in a position to be WC this year, he isn't even employed by Mercedes to become WC. His job is to make them constructor champion with HAM and help HAM to become WC drivers. At least Mercedes isn't doing it sneaky.
Yeah, this would've been totally unacceptable earlier in the season. 5 races to go and a little slip could see both championships go. Ferrari would have done the same. Again, I'd personally switch but considering how strong Ferrari are, Merc are going as aggressive as possible.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

matt_b wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:57
SchuMassa wrote:
Hamilton's not over the moon either, this move only boosted Toto's ego. Merc fanboys should remember Austria - that's difference between Ferrari and Mercedes.
Austria was a much earlier point in the season and it was only a 3 point difference rather than 7 like today. Also I'm certain they would've switched in Monza which is why Lewis went for that aggressive overtake which pulled the rug from under them.
The gap was much smaller today than around Austria. Hamilton would be leading the championship by 43 points still!

NathanOlder

MtthsMlw wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:43
Guess that's it for the WDC. Vettel 50 points down, no chance. Terrible race only position change at the front thanks to team orders. Poor Bottas sacrificed for 10 points more instead of 3.
You miss Hamilton mug Vettel in to T4 or 5 ? Seb cracked instantly under pressure at T13 which put Lewis right on him and Vettel out of Bottas DRS.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Phil wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:57
Cant fault Hamilton really. Happy he wasnt celebrating. But yeah, i expected more of Mercedes, more of Toto.

But who knows, it does perhaps shed some insight on how strong they perceive Ferrari to be over the next 5 races.
Definitely. I hate it when they are blaming Hamilton. WTF guys? He drove a marvellous race as well, with a fantastic overtake.

As I said, I think it was a good idea mid race to switch, but IMO they should make it double at the end. They know better though.

NathanOlder

Juzh wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:43
Restomaniac wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:41
F1NAC wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:39

Yes. But there is a guy on forum that keeps saying that Sauber/Haas are moving immediately out of the way for Ferrari. That Hamilton needs to fight with guys like Force India or so... (forgetting Monaco obviously)
All customer teams do it. I think it’s more the driver in question TBH.
Show me some examples of haas jumping out the way the way you're saying they are. There's a million examples of FI actually doing that and even going as far as admitting they're not allowed to race mercedes in monaco of all places.
I think its more Ocon , as he's Merc driver. Haas do it normally, and obviously Leclerc does it. Williams don't.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.