2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
gandharva

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Red Bull: Honda F1 engine relationship already better than Renault
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13965 ... an-renault

search

and news about Verstappen's engine, or the parts that need to be changed?

Mattchu

Max put out a tweet saying it was a "hydraulic issue" so it probably wont impact them much. The engine being used is very unlikely to be the new B spec one they took a penalty for in Sochi, allegedly they have been saving that engine for this race...

search

I read somewhere that it was exactly that Sochi engine they were using yesterday, but I can't find it at the moment

the only other Spec 2 engine they still have is the one from Canada, seven races old. So having to use that one now would be far from ideal

Mattchu

search wrote:
27 Oct 2018, 14:36
I read somewhere that it was exactly that Sochi engine they were using yesterday, but I can't find it at the moment

the only other Spec 2 engine they still have is the one from Canada, seven races old. So having to use that one now would be far from ideal
Maybe that`s why it conked out :-P

search

no, I found it, here Verstappen says that he was using the race engine yesterday

"Dit is niet een vrijdagmotor en bak, het is gewoon onze motor voor de wedstrijd. Ik denk niet dat ik een penalty ga krijgen"

https://nl.motorsportz.net/f1/max-verst ... -in-17465/

So he could change it without a penalty, but it would mean going back to the one from Canada indeed

bill shoe

I've previously complained of Red Bull providing Max with a reality bubble. I stand corrected.

The Max perspective-
After dominating practice, Verstappen revealed he has been battling a peculiar rear-locking problem since Friday afternoon and said "the whole qualifying was crap" as a result.
"It was just not good," he said. "I was struggling the whole qualifying with the same problems I had in FP2, where I had a lot of rear locking on the downshifting and when I come off-throttle.
"The behaviour was not correct, we couldn't do anything in qualifying so I had to go forward on the brake balance to try to stabilise the whole car.
"It's not how you want to do qualifying, normally you go more aggressive with all the tools."
https://sports.yahoo.com/max-verstappen ... 49207.html

The Christian Horner perspective-
Team boss Christian Horner had little sympathy for Verstappen, though, pointing out Ricciardo was driving the same car.
"Max had the same car and same opportunity," Horner said.
"Daniel did the better job in Q3 and deserves the pole.
It's been well executed, we just need to convert it [into a win]."
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/second-pla ... 46047.html

RZS10

Some spicy things Ricciardo said after Mexico (where he boycotted the traditional team photo) ... don't have a direct quote but it was something along the lines of that there's unexplainable things happening to his car on sundays, that he feels helpless and that he's fed up and will let Gasly drive the car since he doesn't see any reason to even be there on sundays

Sieper

What will RBR do now, accept it and hush it, or Buemi?

Morteza

It aches me to see him like this :(
https://twitter.com/F1/status/1056698295928541185
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

jz11

RZS10 wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 01:18
Some spicy things Ricciardo said after Mexico (where he boycotted the traditional team photo) ... don't have a direct quote but it was something along the lines of that there's unexplainable things happening to his car on sundays, that he feels helpless and that he's fed up and will let Gasly drive the car since he doesn't see any reason to even be there on sundays
small things during the season pointed towards the divorce, the prolonged contract negotiation, remember the promo vid RB did with Dan showing up dressed casual with no RB logos on him, Horners comments about him winning Monaco was along the lines - it was Maxes win, Dan got lucky, Dan not wanting to even do the summer break testing with the car

the amount of problems we see him having, it's just way too much, and it wouldn't be better with him staying in the team either, they clearly have their #1 driver

this whole thing makes me see Webbers last years in the team a different way, and remember how Dan kept beating Vettel the last year Vettel was in the team, I just don't believe the team is neutral to both drivers and everything is equal, it just load of BS at this point

p.s. has there been clarification about the VER team radio about the adjustments on the engine, those messages seemed to indicate that pit box can do adjustments to engine without driver knowledge, the team even told VER that they did the necessary changes, that "we" might have of course mean team+driver, but it more sounded like we - pit crew, did all the necessary things for you - the driver, to feel comfortable etc

search

jz11 wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 11:03
p.s. has there been clarification about the VER team radio about the adjustments on the engine, those messages seemed to indicate that pit box can do adjustments to engine without driver knowledge, the team even told VER that they did the necessary changes, that "we" might have of course mean team+driver, but it more sounded like we - pit crew, did all the necessary things for you - the driver, to feel comfortable etc
I don't know much about the technical possibilities to do so, but maybe it was just said to calm him down and keep him focused?

LM10

Morteza wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 02:23
It aches me to see him like this :(
https://twitter.com/F1/status/1056698295928541185
It saddens me. Such a class driver. Hope he will have a successful time at Renault. Even though he needs patience, again...

marmer

Would all parties needed allow Danny to move to Renault early

No issue moving gas up
Renault would happily move Carlos to McLaren early Carlos probably wouldn't care much

Suppose it just depends how good stoffs contract is

Raleigh

Leaves a seat empty at STR but Kvyat is on contract or could give Albion a shot.

Not saying it’s likely to happen but if everyone involved was happy with the idea it could happen.