2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dxpetrov

Re: 2018 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Tag Heuer (Renault)

Yes, and they should be beat to the ground for not being able to make good engine after 5 years, even though they had fought hard to introduce this stupid formula.

Sieper

Well, I think even if next race will be an engine disaster, RBR will try to keep the jaws shut (hope Max will be able too, and Daniel will of course not say anything). It is very clear they had some talks after the last run in between Max and Abiteboul that from now on we do wish to exit the unhappy marriage without further mudslinging. That is only sticking to everyone, and nobody likes mud sticking everywhere. max has even been answering local Dutch interviews with suggestive questions in a pacifying way the last weeks.

Also, I think the Renault has a big honking turbo right? So just Maybe they suffered comparably less of the high altitude then the other teams with (smaller) split turbo (Mercedes and Honda) and perhaps also even Ferrari. In all other races the other turbos are more efficient but up at this altitude the Renault might be the most efficient (losing just a bit less power and enabling RBR to be closer to the other top teams). Maybe he wanted to compliment them at least for that?

I know a lot of people don't trust him for anything, He too aggravates me at times, but on the other hand, I don't believe him to be the snake some people give him, he is just a politician, trying to keep both sides happy, trying to get optimal team result (and OK, making HIM look good) but that is also his role, getting the optimal team result. Fe. I believe him being happy for Daniel was genuine on Saturday whilst others have even slacked that of (especially on the motorsport.com forum).

aleshondas

I think that Ric is test mule for 2019 car

yener

When a marriage is over, both sides get frustrated and both will say things because of the temporary emotions. After a while, you get over your frustration and dont think about the past but the good times you have shared. Thats how mature people think and act and its a little thing called respect.
Blaming and accusing each other will never benefit or gain you anything but trouble.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

jz11

remember Vettels "cracked chassis" back in 2014 when he was leaving the team, now Dan is on the receiving end...

Jolle

About all those failures. Don't forget that reliability and power go hand in hand. Using those last few % of power drain a lot of reliability out of the PU. Both VER and RIC push their PU's more then anybody on the grid.

I remember when Montoya and Ralf were driving for Williams BMW, and they had a lot of failures during the season because they kept pressing the overtake button constantly.....

TwanV

jz11 wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 21:49
remember Vettels "cracked chassis" back in 2014 when he was leaving the team, now Dan is on the receiving end...
I don't believe that stuff.. He has the worst luck to the point you ask if ves is getting the better engines.. If that's even possible..

But in terms of performance it could very well be that this year's car suits Verstappens driving style better. I remember the cars made for Schumacher, with his setup, had a lot of understeer, which basically only suited him and not the number two guys. Accident or rb development strategy, rics form has taken a nosedive since Monaco, wouldn't be surprised if there's something similar involved.

zac510

Webber had a reputation for having the fragile RBR car too.

GoranF1

I am afraid dirty Max who doesnt obey rules and gets away whit it, will be in the fight next year.
http://www.onestopstrategy.com/article/ ... Marko.html

On the bright side there will be a crash at every other race in the front so midfield might surprise sometimes.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Wouter

GoranF1 wrote:
31 Oct 2018, 12:37
I am afraid dirty Max who doesnt obey rules and gets away whit it, will be in the fight next year.
On what do you base that nonsense, if I may ask?

And why are you afraid that he will be in the fight next year?
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Seriously, the attitude of Jos and Max is simply disgraceful!
He was especially annoyed by missing the pole and by the car, but also by Ricciardo. He celebrated his pole position with an exuberance as if he had become world champion.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/10/31/jo ... ebrations/

FFS, Daniel has had nothing but drama since winning in Monaco so why wouldn't you celebrate getting pole when you'd been starting from the back for half the bloody season!
"In downforce we trust"

dxpetrov

"Cause he's been decimated by Max and only comfort that he could find in his current stage of career is beating Max in any way, and this time by denying him the youngest pole sitter position. And it's quite obvious and rather ANNOYING. Kudos to Jos and Max for saying that loud and clear.
Common, really - got fed up with retarded political correctness everywhere around in the World lately.

carisi2k

dxpetrov wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 07:50
"Cause he's been decimated by Max and only comfort that he could find in his current stage of career is beating Max in any way, and this time by denying him the youngest pole sitter position. And it's quite obvious and rather ANNOYING. Kudos to Jos and Max for saying that loud and clear.
Common, really - got fed up with retarded political correctness everywhere around in the World lately.
That is funny because up until Monaco Daniel had been whipping his butt. Daniel celebrated the pole because no doubt he knew his car would fail on Sunday. Also just to show max that he hasn't been trying much since he has had no faith in his car making the finish. I suspect this was his main factor in signing with Renault for 2019.

TwanV

carisi2k wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 09:06
dxpetrov wrote:
That is funny because up until Monaco Daniel had been whipping his butt. Daniel celebrated the pole because no doubt he knew his car would fail on Sunday. Also just to show max that he hasn't been trying much since he has had no faith in his car making the finish. I suspect this was his main factor in signing with Renault for 2019.
Not really, only in points.

djos

TwanV wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 09:49
carisi2k wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 09:06
dxpetrov wrote:
Not really, only in points.
They are equal on Race wins with 2 a piece, Dan would be competitive on points if his car wasn't falling to bits every 2nd race. FWIW Dan is ahead on number of Pole positions and Fastest Race Laps.
"In downforce we trust"